All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179618Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th May 2021, 12:22 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Ironmaster (1983)

Italian epic set at the dawn of time, when bison roamed the plains and George Eastman wore a loin cloth and sported an unconvincing lion on his head.

Terrible dubbing and even worse dialogue doesn't help body builder Sam Pasco in his sole film role, neither does his dodgy barnet that makes him look like a member of Steel Panther who borrowed Arnie's body for the afternoon.

Director Umberto Lenzi clearly does something right though as this is curiously entertaining and genuinely enjoyable. There's a crazy absurdity to proceedings that was missing from say, Hammer's Creatures the World Forgot. Last night was my second viewing and it still manages to transfix me in a mind bending haze of genuine out there weirdness and ineptitude.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3c8257631517e1a56f50a3d7119a344f.jpg (18.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 17th May 2021, 03:48 PM
Active Cultist

Been watching some old Hammer films lately. There used to be a show called fear on Friday on itv during the 80s that used to show a lot of this stuff.
Old 17th May 2021, 04:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Haven’t watched cannibal ferox since 80s watched it without the animal scenes and for some reason the violence and gore didn’t phase me or bother me one bit, but a very well made film for its time.
Old 17th May 2021, 04:31 PM
Active Cultist

My friend had the old laserdisc that's when I first seen it about 25 years ago.
Old 17th May 2021, 07:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hellraiser: Revelations. 2011.

A group of college friends unwittingly release Pinhead after opening the puzzlebox when one of their friend's die.

At 1 hour and 15 minutes this felt like it was dragged and stretched out in some areas, respect to Stephan Smith Collins for stepping into the iconic role than was made by Doug Bradley, and having a another actor doing the voice of Pinhead. The makers did bring back Chatterer Cenobite and a new one with decent make-up and the bearded man from the first Hellraiser that has a more than just a cameo role. I feel disappointed that the film seemed rushed from start to finish and may be missing more to the story than what was shown. Think this will be like Inferno and may warm up to it after after a couple of more watches but won't be anytime soon.

hellraiser revelations.jpg
Old 17th May 2021, 07:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Two kids have too try and survive when parents start turning on and trying too kill there kids. Cage plays the farther and Selma Blair plays the mother. Enjoyable dark comedy.

Just fantastic , Cages character is tricked into spending the night and fixing up a abandoned children's play land. Little does Cage know that a number of child murders and a mass suicide of perverted devil worshippers whom have possessed the animatronic animals but the perverted puppets are the ones whom needed to be afraid that they are locking in with him. Hes as cool as the underside of a pillow and makes John Wick look like a wimp. This actually shows how good of an actor Cage is as he doesn't utter a word but he doesn't need too as his mannerisms and expressions say more than a thousand words. Dark and very funny.

Tried watching the reckoning (2021) but couldn't get into it, a lot of the acting just seems poor and it seems so slow and it's suppose to be the middle ages or something and there's a plague , but everyone looks so clean and clothes look there where made yesterday .

So watching this. Was going to Watch Joe Bobs drive anyone seen it and is it anygood or are just better just watching the movie.

Edit

Mores happened in the first five minutes of this the the half hour of the reckoning I watched!
Old 17th May 2021, 09:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hellraiser: Judgement. 2018.

Two detectives try to solve a gruesome killing and join forces with another and slowly dive into a world of the unknown.

This felt IMO a proper Hellraiser sequel even though it may be low budget but you can tell the director and actors do try their best to make a good effort. Paul T. Taylor steps in as Pinhead and does do a decent effort with the character and able bring back the almost original make up creation even though he has smaller nails in his face and head. The story is decently played out at a good pace and seems to take on a religious battle and Pinhead actually being tested by hell and is able to still be worthy. This is one that I will gladly return to.

MV5BYzZmOTE0NTktZWQ2Zi00NDhhLTkwYmQtNWRmZGZhNjMxNDdmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTE2MTYxOQ@@._V1_.jpg
Old 17th May 2021, 09:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Hellraiser: Judgement. 2018.

Two detectives try to solve a gruesome killing and join forces with another and slowly dive into a world of the unknown.

This felt IMO a proper Hellraiser sequel even though it may be low budget but you can tell the director and actors do try their best to make a good effort. Paul T. Taylor steps in as Pinhead and does do a decent effort with the character and able bring back the almost original make up creation even though he has smaller nails in his face and head. The story is decently played out at a good pace and seems to take on a religious battle and Pinhead actually being tested by hell and is able to still be worthy. This is one that I will gladly return to.

Attachment 233295
I did really enjoy this head and shoulders above most of the sequels .
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 17th May 2021, 09:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I did really enjoy this head and shoulders above most of the sequels .
I'm one of the few that enjoyed the first 4, Inferno took a while to warm up to, Seeker, Deader and Hellworld were a once view and that's it for me, even Angie was disappointed by Revelations and had no high hopes for Judgement, it is one that would be recommended to others.
Old 17th May 2021, 09:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
I'm one of the few that enjoyed the first 4, Inferno took a while to warm up to, Seeker, Deader and Hellworld were a once view and that's it for me, even Angie was disappointed by Revelations and had no high hopes for Judgement, it is one that would be recommended to others.
The first few sequels where ok and I do go back too them, I enjoyed Bloodline more than the third, but revelations was beyond awful.
nicholasrope and MrBarlow like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!