Like Tree179616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd May 2021, 03:56 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
There are no midgets in the United States Air Force.
I wondered if it was a film you had in your collection, Inspector.
Old 23rd May 2021, 03:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I wondered if it was a film you had in your collection, Inspector.
Yeah I remember seeing it first on BBC 2,might of been Alex Cox Moviedrome series....

Old 23rd May 2021, 04:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yeah I remember seeing it first on BBC 2,might of been Alex Cox Moviedrome series....
What struck me whilst watching it was that Michael Bay's The Rock is almost a remake of it.

I imagine it's also the best of the Twilight series too.
Old 23rd May 2021, 04:47 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Net income

Unfortunately curiousity got the better of me and watched Army of Dead,f#&k what a piece of crap, you know a film is in trouble when you have to CGi a character Into the film...some one should put two in the head of Netflix.... there audience is obviously zombies...

Old 23rd May 2021, 05:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Unfortunately curiousity got the better of me and watched Army of Dead,f#&k what a piece of crap, you know a film is in trouble when you have to CGi a character Into the film...some one should put two in the head of Netflix.... there audience is obviously zombies...
I did warn you! But at least now it should stop others from making the same mistake!
Old 23rd May 2021, 05:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A group of various people end up see a movie for free after receiving tickets from a man wearing a strange mask, it's not long before these people wish they had told the man to F Off when they are attacked and start turning into blood thirsty demons.

There is no story just enjoy one gory death after another and switch off your brain.

Now watching this for the first time.

Old 23rd May 2021, 08:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Curse of the Crimson Altar (1968)

Curse of the Crimson Altar Is always a little disappointing when ever I watch it...
It should really be, well on paper anyway, quite a good little film...It has a stellar cast, Chris Lee,Boris Karloff and Barbara Steele (although her role is mostly sitting around looking evil..) so it should of been quite an old school fright Fest...But a plodding script and some atrocious dialogue makes it a slightly laborious watch...Poor old Boris does his up most,but confined to a wheelchair and obviously having health problems,his performance is stilted and at times he looks confused,and at one point outside by the bonfire scene,him and his chaffuer are hit by fiireworks, Which I assume was unscripted.... It's not a total disaster,as Mark Eden (more famously known for being in Coronation Street) does a fairly good job in keeping the proceedings going, as does Virginia Wetherell...But it is a fairly arduous watch at times,only slightly elevated by some mild S&M scene's,Which consists mainly of a topless woman whipping (bathed in green light) everyone in sight,and a muscle Mary in leather pants and antlers on his head smashing up the flimsey set...It obviously has a cult following,but it's certainly not Tigons finest hour either ...

Old 23rd May 2021, 08:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched xtro, been years since I’ve seen this, very bizarre and random at times and I still don’t get the theory behind the clown.
I’ve only ever seen the downbeat ending where they attack her and leave her for dead, so I googled alternative ending Gee I thought it was going to be a long scene like 10 min or so it’s only last min or so that’s different hardly worth the bother tbh.

Last edited by gag; 23rd May 2021 at 09:21 PM.
Old 23rd May 2021, 10:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A group of various people end up see a movie for free after receiving tickets from a man wearing a strange mask, it's not long before these people wish they had told the man to F Off when they are attacked and start turning into blood thirsty demons.

There is no story just enjoy one gory death after another and switch off your brain.

Demons is a film a never get tired of watching, awesome movie even though it put me off going to the cinema for a while
Old 23rd May 2021, 10:28 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Easy Rider (1969)

In 1969, a low budget motorcycle movie changed forever the way America looks at itself and the way films redefine culture.

It was called Easy Rider.

One of my favourite movies of all time and certainly worthy of being my first Criterion blu-ray purchase. A definite step up from the dvd. The DTS 5:1 mix was nicely done in it's subtlety with only brief moments of actual surround sound.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MV5BMTc2MjI2NDc4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODI4NzU0MTI@._V1_.jpg (100.3 KB, 4 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!