Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

TALL DUDE 9th October 2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 15460)
I'll probably pick up Flavia & Torso tomorrow in Derby.I saw Brian Yuzna's Rottweiler on Zone Horror & thought it was one of his worst films sadly:(.I like the look of Hood Of Horror as I'm a sucker for anthology films.I don't know if you've seen the OOP r1 disc of Tales From The Hood but that was pretty entertaining .

Yeah mark, i have tales from the hood,great little film,with a suitably nasty turn from wings hauser as a racist cop.

Rottweiler that bad? I have a film in the to watch pile called vicious,which sounds pretty similar to rottweiler,and it stars tom savini,so cant be all bad,hopefully!:)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th October 2008 06:39 PM

I also bought this dude from HMV last week..let's hope it's okay....:eek:

mark meakin 9th October 2008 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TALL DUDE (Post 15468)
Yeah mark, i have tales from the hood,great little film,with a suitably nasty turn from wings hauser as a racist cop.

Rottweiler that bad? I have a film in the to watch pile called vicious,which sounds pretty similar to rottweiler,and it stars tom savini,so cant be all bad,hopefully!:)

I have a soft spot for canine horrors including the Robert Clouse film The Pack (1977),Dogs (1976) & Rottweiler Dogs/Hounds (?) Of Hell (Thorn EMI)but I'm afraid Yuzna's film was hugely disappointing.Never mind .you may think differently

mark meakin 9th October 2008 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 15461)
You're a lucky person having that dvd Mark-I've just opened it to find that it's identiclal to that bloody cheap fullscreen U.S. disc!:mad:
Check out www.ezydvd.com for the artwork shown Mark-I'm sure you'll agree,even in fullscreen that the beautiful artwork shown is irresistable.....:headbang:

Shame that mate.I've seen the artwork to the aussie & italian discs.That's in fullscreen too,so sadly for all its flaws the AB disc is probably the definitive release to date.Here's hoping any rights issues will be resolved and somebody like Optimum can release it in the UK.I'm sure if Warner still had the rights they would've released it at the same time as the vastly inferior Dracula AD 1972 disc?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th October 2008 06:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Yeah,Studio Canal/optimum probably do hold the rights.I'm now the proud owner of three of these.....:(
Have you ever heard of no.3 mate?:confused:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th October 2008 06:55 PM

It's listed aspect ratio is 1.85.1 and is a 2 disc set-however,I don't hold much hope when the 2nd disc is music 'inspired by the SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA' :rofl:

Mojo 9th October 2008 07:32 PM

Some cool covers there, reaper. And speaking of Hammer...

Scream Of Fear
Part of the Icons Of Horror, this is probabaly the gem of the set. Excellent b&w chiller, with some great performances and shocks. I've waited a long time to see this one and I wasn't disappointed. Excellent pq, by the way.

And not talking of Hammer...

The Devil's Men
Peter Cushing And Donald Pleasance get mixed up in Satanic shennanegins in this strange 70's occult flick. This seems to get a bit of a mauling from reviewers, but I quite enjoyed it, even though it doesn't really make any sense :D This UK release from DD is the full uncut version.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th October 2008 08:12 PM

Yeah I'm glad I got all the DD releases when they were out-they're all oop now,aren't they?

Mojo 9th October 2008 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 15496)
Yeah I'm glad I got all the DD releases when they were out-they're all oop now,aren't they?

Seem to be, mate.

It's a real shame the company was bought over and it all went tits up - they released some cracking stuff. I have a good few of their releases but still have some more to get ( Play and Amazon have some in stock ).

Really glad I picked up The Creeping Flesh when it was first released, as it doesn't seem to be available anywhere now.

Sam 10th October 2008 10:19 PM

I've just ordered Crazies, Hatchet for the Honeymoon and Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things, all ?2.99 in the play.com sale! I was also looking at The Collingswood Story at the same price but I've heard mixed reviews on this one - anyone seen it?