Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

nekromantik 16th August 2010 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu (Post 97318)
7 Days which was quite interesting as a debate on the whole vengeance/justice debate and wasn't quite as gory or gruesome as I was expecting
The Final which is basically Revenge of the Nerds but with sadistic violence!

I enjoyed 7 days and think Final is awesome!

mbv 16th August 2010 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu (Post 97318)
I've just finished a quadruple header of:
Bloody Sunday, Paul's Greengrass' brilliant docudrama about the infamous shooting of unarmed civilians by British soldiers in 1972

Very powerful stuff indeed.

Watched Mad Max 2 on Sky HD(again) Damn it looks so good. I never get tired of this movie

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th August 2010 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 97322)
"The Body Beneath"

I was thinking of picking this up, but saw the price tag and thought better of it! :eek:

I haven't seen much Milligan either, but this one sounds like fun. :biggrin:

Pete 16th August 2010 09:58 AM

Time Bandits - Good, but overrated.

wayfarer 16th August 2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 97362)
Time Bandits - Good, but overrated.

A film that I first saw on Day One of it's VHS release. (I don't recall seeing it at the flicks, but might have done). I've always liked it's nightmarish quality. The end is very dream like.

I've never thought of it as overrated but then I've not read much about it. Do fans rave about it?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th August 2010 11:27 AM

I've never considered Time Bandits to be overrated either as it's not really one of Terry Gilliam's best films and I don't know anyone who raves about it being some great work of art. It is a fun film with a terrific cast and one that is suitable for all ages. It didn't bomb like The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, a film that is less accessible and much more abstract in its humour, but I can watch just about everything they Gilliam has made and appreciate it in some way as I 'get' his humour and I think it's a crying shame as he never got to finish his Don Quixote movie.

antmumford 16th August 2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

I think it's a crying shame as he never got to finish his Don Quixote movie.
Well you'll be happy to hear that he's had another crack at it. It's in pre-production already, due for release next year! :D

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th August 2010 01:26 PM

As with any Terry Gilliam film, I'll believe it when I see it at the cinema! He always tends to work with a limited budget and have absolutely rotten luck when it comes to shooting movies and, if it can go wrong it probably will. From what I saw on Lost in La Mancha, The Death of Don Quixote looked like a great movie and I really hope Gilliam gets to finish it (and have box office success) this time.

Pete 16th August 2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 97367)
A film that I first saw on Day One of it's VHS release. (I don't recall seeing it at the flicks, but might have done). I've always liked it's nightmarish quality. The end is very dream like.

I've never thought of it as overrated but then I've not read much about it. Do fans rave about it?

Must be confusing it with something else.

pedromonkey 16th August 2010 07:16 PM

been working my way through my to watch pile so ive been on a bit of 70s crime trip. So far ive watched....

The Gauntlet
Dirty Harry
Coffy