Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th October 2021, 08:10 PM
Cult Addict

Dune.

The only actual film I wanted to see at the cinema. For me anyway it was totally worth the wait.
Still make sure you're watching it on a big screen. The cinema I went to, the screen wasn't that big.
Old 25th October 2021, 10:04 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Flame and the Arrow (1950)

Practically plotless Robin Hood style swashbuckler from director Jacques Tourneur, that seems to be a vehicle for former circus acrobats Burt Lancaster and Nick Cravat to do lots of cool high wire style stunt work during a very lively finale set in the old castle used in 1931's Dracula.

Just a shame the preceding 75 minutes are largely talky and uninspiring.
Old 26th October 2021, 12:21 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Dune.

The only actual film I wanted to see at the cinema. For me anyway it was totally worth the wait.
Still make sure you're watching it on a big screen. The cinema I went to, the screen wasn't that big.
There was a cinema yrs ago in blackburn town centre and the screen was widescreen and so huge it made some of these local screens seem like you’re at home watching tv .
Old 26th October 2021, 05:47 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Dune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
There was a cinema yrs ago in blackburn town centre and the screen was widescreen and so huge it made some of these local screens seem like you’re at home watching tv .
When I worked at the Ritz Cinema in Gosport back in the 80's, one of our unique selling points was that it contained 'the biggest screen anywhere along the South coast'

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 26th October 2021, 07:13 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

There was one in Liverpool that used to be part of the The Cannon chain, a single screen with an 1800 capacity so you can imagine how large it was there, I only went once in the early 90s and I'm struggling to remember what I saw there, I lived across the river at the time in Birkenhead so used to go to a cinema locally there, it was much smaller, probably around 500 seats and was also a Cannon cinema.

The new Odeon in Liverpool has two really big screens and then the other 12 or so are carrying smaller sizes. I image Dune is showing in the big auditoriums.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 26th October 2021, 08:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
There was one in Liverpool that used to be part of the The Cannon chain, a single screen with an 1800 capacity so you can imagine how large it was there, I only went once in the early 90s and I'm struggling to remember what I saw there, I lived across the river at the time in Birkenhead so used to go to a cinema locally there, it was much smaller, probably around 500 seats and was also a Cannon cinema.

The new Odeon in Liverpool has two really big screens and then the other 12 or so are carrying smaller sizes. I image Dune is showing in the big auditoriums.
Just googled the cinema I was on about
Here some info on
Palace Cinema in Blackburn, GB - Cinema Treasures
Seating capacity was 2500 as a theatre but when it turned into a cinema it was 1250.
Old 28th October 2021, 09:12 AM
Cult Rookie

Default Knocking.

if you like your Horror a bit more subtle/psychological then try Knocking. I enjoyed it.
Old 29th October 2021, 06:42 AM
Cult Rookie

Default Lamb.

It's Lars von Trier meets Walt Disney. Very good. Especially the last ten minutes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lamb_(2021_film)_poster.jpg (27.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 31st October 2021, 03:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Amazing a absolutely stunning looking film that has too be seen on the biggest screen possible , expertly directed with some great performances sure too be a future classic.

Now watchng.

Thought their was something wrong with the version im watching as the colours seem off, but reading up this is how it's supposed too look.
Old 1st November 2021, 05:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

No doubting this is a masterpiece of cinema and one of the greatest movies of all time , but I just can't get away with the colour scheme at times it looks amazing , mostly outdoor shots but indoor it seems too dark and everyone has a orange/ reddish skin tone, some too the point you think they are having a heart attack.

Now watching.

Like this? Share it using the links below!