I've never seen Godfather Part 2!!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 1st November 2021, 05:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've never seen Godfather Part 2!!
I don't think I've seen it as well, maybe bits here and their , same goes for the third , which is shocking considering how good they are supposed too be ,Ok maybe not the third but definitely the second , they got quoted so much in the Sopranos it was like you didn't need to see them.

Anyone else think the colours are off on Godfather of is it just me, it looks the contrast has been whacked up.

Last edited by trebor8273; 1st November 2021 at 05:56 PM.
Old 1st November 2021, 09:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I don't think I've seen it as well, maybe bits here and their , same goes for the third , which is shocking considering how good they are supposed too be ,Ok maybe not the third but definitely the second , they got quoted so much in the Sopranos it was like you didn't need to see them.

Anyone else think the colours are off on Godfather of is it just me, it looks the contrast has been whacked up.
I have the BluRays, the remastered DVDs, and the old DVD boxset. They were all trying for that golden hue (especially Part 2). The old DVDs were more brown, and the darker scenes had a murky quality.

The remastered boxset and BluRays had a more yellow tinge. Didn't notice any strong reds in peoples faces (more golden-brown than anything else). I thought the dark scenes were handled a lot better (especially on BluRay). Looked like gold, red, and black. Despite being dark, I was able to make out everything, even the glasses Tom and Sollozzo are drinking from.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 1st November 2021, 11:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Revenge Of Ninja (1983, Ratno Timoer)

Indonesian madness.
Various factions try to get their hands on a necklace. SBU. Nothing like the Cannon flick (and that's saying something )
If bewigged baddies getting kicked is your thing ....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 2nd November 2021, 12:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Four Flies On Grey Velvet. 1971.

A drummer for a rock band is being stalked by a blackmailer who witnessed him murdering another stalker.

This is one of Argento's films that I had to watch a few times to appreciate and enjoyed it more, it has the stylish cinematography that always comes with is films, with the suspense and twisted endings that has a decent kill. The pace can be a bit slow at times but does pick up when something does happen.

Michael Brandon plays Roberto who seems to have a stalker he confronts him and there is a accidental killing only to be stalked again and tries to uncover who the person is behind the mask. Mimsy farmer plays his girlfriend who seems to wants to help him but may have other agendas on her mind.

51935xA-RqL._SY445_.jpg
Mojo, Justin101, MacBlayne and 8 others like this.
Old 2nd November 2021, 05:43 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Devil's Rejects (2005)

This was going to be part of my October marathon but seeing as it takes place after House of 1000 Corpses which was itself set on Halloween it only seemed right to watch this in November when this film would be set. Very early November i hope unless Bill Moseley's repulsive Otis Firefly actually sleeps with the corpse of a dead girl all the time.

It wouldn't surprise me.

I'll have to keep the dvd because annoyingly the Blu-ray doesn't feature the two hour making of documentary which takes up disc two of the dvd.
Old 2nd November 2021, 06:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
I have the BluRays, the remastered DVDs, and the old DVD boxset. They were all trying for that golden hue (especially Part 2). The old DVDs were more brown, and the darker scenes had a murky quality.

The remastered boxset and BluRays had a more yellow tinge. Didn't notice any strong reds in peoples faces (more golden-brown than anything else). I thought the dark scenes were handled a lot better (especially on BluRay). Looked like gold, red, and black. Despite being dark, I was able to make out everything, even the glasses Tom and Sollozzo are drinking from.
Your right about the faces I just find it quite distracting at times but apart from the skintones it looks great.

The rare beast a sequel that better than the original, the film has two stories one following Michael and the fallout from the first movie and another story following a young Vito as he escapes Italy as a young boy and his rise too power,I would of like too see more of this but both are highly enjoyable with great acting and beautifully shot and expertly directed. Finally I know understand the whole it was you Fredo , you broke my heart quote, this was quite a sad part of the film and felt sorry for Fredo who wasn't spiteful but was just weak.

Now watching

Old 2nd November 2021, 10:47 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

On the Waterfront (1954)

Elia Kazan's classic drama starring Marlon Brando as a former boxer reduced to running errands for the mob who control the trade unions in the New York docklands.

Seeing the film in 2021 again it loses none of it's intensity and feels like the movie which probably influenced Scorsese the most, from it's realistic approach to mob corruption to the superb method acting from it's cast in what is a challenging and unpredictable crime film.

Brando is excellent but he's not alone. Karl Malden as the local priest delivers one hell of a powerful performance and Eva Marie Saint rightly won an Oscar for her role as Brando's girlfriend whilst Lee J Cobb was born to play corrupt union chief Johnny Friendly.

However when it comes down to it On the Waterfront is Marlon Brando's film. His performance is extraordinary and you cannot take your eyes off him.

Superb stuff and a watershed movie in cinema history.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg il_570xN.1806863311_8isu.jpg (73.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 3rd November 2021, 01:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Cat O' Nine Tails. 1971.

A newspaper reporter and a retired blind journalist team up to investigate a series of killings that may be connected.

Although this is listed as a horror I see it more crime mystery thriller from Argento, it does have some tense moments that seem to be built up slowly as we know something will happen and unexpectedly it changes then wham it happens. The two main leads James Franciscus and Karl Malden work well together to solve the riddle of the killings and what may be the connection.

Cited by many and Argento himself, this is one of his lesser great films, the plot can be all over the place, some things don't make much sense and goes on for longer than it should, the Arrow release is the better than what has been released before with sound and picture quality is cleaned up and more sharper.

Arrow-Videos-The-Cat-o-Nine-Tails.jpg
Old 3rd November 2021, 03:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The 10th Victim. 1965.

In the future, 10 people are chosen by a computer in Geneva, 5 are to be the hunter while the other 5 are to be hunted.

Italian Science-fiction campy action movie that has a bit of laughter in it, a woman gets shot in the hip and can still run good in high heels, total dedication to staying alive. Ursula Andress shows how good she looks in a nice bikini and able to be a tease infront of a group of people. She plays Caroline who has one more kill to do and win the big prize but she wants it aired on television. Still makes good entertainment for us.

MV5BYjNhMDJjOTYtMTA5OC00MzUxLTk4MjgtOTRhYjliMDdlMzI4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTE1MTU0Mzc@._V1_.jpg
Mojo, Justin101, MacBlayne and 8 others like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!