Like Tree179604Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th November 2021, 02:04 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
That poster rings a bell, would that have been the Rental VHS cover? Never seen it!
Yes. It was the rental cover.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 18th November 2021, 07:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ghostbusters afterlife ,

I’ll try be carefull what I say, but there isn’t any actual spoilers ,

But it has had mixed reviews so might give you a idea of what my opinion is.

Above is just warning because I don’t want to put any one off from seeing it.
But it’s more about how the film pans out.

It’s more of a fan based nostalgia for ghostbuster fans,
Beginning is kinda Spielberg based on how it start,
It takes a while before anything actually happens it’s more of a slow storytelling build up to begin with, at least 45min before we see the first ghost,
Good half of the film before any real action starts,
But most of the real action is towards the end.
The kids are ok they’re just basic but could have been a bit more likeable,
The Humours there and will put a smile on your face but don’t expect much in the belly laugh humour of the original, except one very particular scene when she allowed to make a phone call.
Over all it was fun entertaining enjoyable and a massive improvement on the last one, which tbh isn’t hard .
Old 18th November 2021, 08:30 PM
Active Cultist

Se incontri Sartana prega per la tua morte

The Italians had a lot's of talents and one of them was for amazing movie titles

The movie itself it's ok, could to with a better plot, there is so much back stabbing per minute that you get easily lost, Klaus Kinski shows up in the movie for his usual pay check.

The Arrow blu ray its a hit & miss, the picture it's not crystal clear, the audio in two different parts of the movie chances from Italian to English for no reason, let see how the other movies in the boxset look like.
Old 18th November 2021, 09:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

ID2: Shadwell Army. 2016.

Mohammed is Sikh by birth and a up and coming police detective, he is to go undercover to the Shadwell F.C. hooligans, things go wry when a target is the mosque where his family go to and another special branch unit is also operating the area.

I wouldn't say this was a long awaited sequel, Perry Fenwick, Richard Graham and Lee Ross are the only actors from the original to return. This one doesn't just tackle Hooligans it also goes down the road of fascism and far right groups. The acting isn't at it's best at times but suppose you go with what your given, it's not as violent as some other films that have been made about football hooligans.

p13136041_v_v13_ab.jpg
Old 18th November 2021, 09:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A View To A Kill (1985, John Glen)

Moore's swansong. Total nonsense. The first 15 minutes had more double entendres than 4 Carry Ons put together . Walken was .... his usual understated self . Always avoided this one as I loathe Duran Duran, but it's only a movie .... for all that the set piece in the mine was bonkers.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 18th November 2021, 10:04 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Ghostbusters

The well known original sees some Paranormal Students form a Ghost Catching Business and end up saving New York. It is enjoyable but it's over rated as a All Time Great.

Strength And Honor

Michael Madsen is a retired Boxer who looks after the child of his friend who he accidentally killed whilst sparring. However the child gets sick and Madsen ends up fighting in a Bare Knuckle Traveler competition who's champion is a maniacal Vinnie Jones.

Rather enjoyable but could have done with more fighting and this might be controversial, but Vinnie Jones isn't a bad Actor if given roles that's suited to him. He is very believable.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Like Gag before me, I'll not give any spoilers but I agree with he is said but it's entertaining and a Film that I quite enjoyed.

It definitely references the original but not II or the wretched remake.

SPOILER:
I'm not certain but they used CGI to have Harold Rammis in this Film and the end credit scenes to lead me to believe that more Ghostbuster Films are on the way
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g.jpg (15.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg sah.jpg (13.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg ga.jpg (10.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 18th November 2021, 10:28 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
A View To A Kill (1985, John Glen)

Moore's swansong. Total nonsense. The first 15 minutes had more double entendres than 4 Carry Ons put together . Walken was .... his usual understated self . Always avoided this one as I loathe Duran Duran, but it's only a movie .... for all that the set piece in the mine was bonkers.
While I always watch this one because I LOVE Duran Duran haha, kindred spirits Due a rewatch i think.
Demoncrat likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 18th November 2021, 10:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Go for it.
It was still more Bond than that pandering crap they finally put out. I don't care about his "inner life" ... just get the girl and save the fricking world. End of.

If I wanted realism I'd watch Secrets & Lies

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 18th November 2021, 10:51 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
While I always watch this one because I LOVE Duran Duran haha, kindred spirits Due a rewatch i think.
Is their new album any good?
Old 19th November 2021, 01:31 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Abominable Dr. Phibes. 1971.

Anton Phibes goes on revenge against those he thinks are responsible for the death of his wive.

This isn't and never going to be one of Vincent Price's greatest roles or film, it is well cheesy but also in a entertaining way and a few known British stars who have some cameo roles. Price's voice seems to be high pitched due to his character wearing a prosthetic mask. The killings are a bit over the top and can be a bit gory but that's what we want. The set pieces have been constructed decently and great cinematography right from the start. Always enjoy to watch any Vincent Price films.

51MMAHJQS1L._AC_SY445_.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!