All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179480Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th November 2021, 09:50 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Firepower. 1993.

Two cops risk their lives and badges to infiltrate a no holds barred death ring fight and expose a black market ring in futuristic Los Angeles.

Chad McQueen and Gary Daniels play the two officers who infiltrate the Hell Zone fight club and it's leader Joseph Ruskin and his top fighter The Swordsman played by Jim Hellwig...yes The Ultimate Warrior in a action packed film. Chad's acting is a bit wooden at times but Gary delivers a decent performance and good fight scenes, entertaining for a early 90s film.

Attachment 237825
I know that people may have a seen a trailer or saw the case in a Video Shop but I thought that not only was I the only person to see this Film but actually like it as well.

Showdown In Little Tokyo (A Film, I love as well) aside (Bigger budget) it appears that you are watching 80's/90's B-Movie Martial Art Movies.
Old 27th November 2021, 10:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist

King Richard

Film based on The Williams Sisters rise through The Tennis Ranks via their Father played by Will Smith. Entertaining watch as it appears that he has the best intentions but goes about it heavy handily.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie

The 1995 release with the original TV cast which sees a powerful enemy rise and try to take over the world.

I remember back in the day when at Christmas Time, the major shops like Woolworths, WH Smiths, HMV, Boots...etc would put out Christmas Catalogues, where they would have pictures of all the Videos that would be out for Christmas (This was back when price comparison was you went from shop to shop) and this cover would be featured and after finding the DVD cheap in a CEX, I took the plunge (For nostalgic purposes) ok, it's cheesy, corny, not well acted but it stayed true to it's roots and didn't try to be anything it wasn't . I can see me putting this on again when I don't want to watch anything serious.

Any Given Sunday

Magnificent Film starring an all star cast which sees a American Football team go through a lot of trials and tribulations such as a losing streak, injuries and cocky players. There are so many great performances and well acted scenes. In a way, it was a shame that it didn't get any award nominations.

This was one of the earliest DVD's I got and it was the 1st one with Extras which I wasn't used to at the time.

The Octagon

Chuck Norris goes after a Ninja Assassination Training School which is run by his Adoptive Brother.

Maybe it's just me but this was more complicated than it needed to be as well as having too many characters.

Oh, don't get me started on the inner monologues detailing his thoughts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kr.jpg (6.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg mmprtm.jpg (13.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg ags.jpg (10.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg to.jpg (14.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 28th November 2021, 10:11 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Any Given Sunday

Magnificent Film starring an all star cast which sees a American Football team go through a lot of trials and tribulations such as a losing streak, injuries and cocky players. There are so many great performances and well acted scenes. In a way, it was a shame that it didn't get any award nominations.
It's a really good film, one of Oliver Stone's best. As someone who has watched a good number of NFL games, it's interesting to see (at the time) current and former players like Jim Brown, Lawrence Taylor, Terrell Owens, Johnny Unitas, Warren Moon in both main and cameo roles. Al Pacino gives a powerful performance highlighted by his powerful locker room speech in the final game.

Old 28th November 2021, 05:00 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
My current Samsung has no buttons. Totally screwed if the remote control goes wrong.
Have you checked the back Dem? We thought our Panasonic was buttonless but I've since found a small joystick type control on the back of the TV. Obviously it's limited but it allows for the basic functions.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 28th November 2021, 06:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

F9. 2021.

The gang comes under threat by a terrorist who happens to be Dom and Mia's brother.

More fast cars, more action and another wrestler joining the franchise in the form of John Cena, only saw him in The Marine and wasn't fond of it. They seem to go from America to London and Edinburgh racing about and using a van, good cinematography as always but falls flat with a space travel, why does Roman always have to scream? Sequels are meant to get better but this was not the best.

fast-and-furious-9-1.jpg
Old 28th November 2021, 07:05 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Have you checked the back Dem? We thought our Panasonic was buttonless but I've since found a small joystick type control on the back of the TV. Obviously it's limited but it allows for the basic functions.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Awesome. Cheers. I've found a small button that basically controls the whole tv on the bottom edge of the set. Very well hidden though.
Susan Foreman and trebor8273 like this.
Old 28th November 2021, 07:51 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Awesome. Cheers. I've found a small button that basically controls the whole tv on the bottom edge of the set. Very well hidden though.
I forgot about that button, it's very hidden isn't it I couldn't imagine actually trying to do anything with it though!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 28th November 2021, 09:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Irresistible Force. 1993.

A near retired detective is partnered with a rookie female who try to rescue hostages from a terrorist group who have taken over a shopping mall.

Made for T.V movie that was to start a series but is a stand alone due to the fight scenes may be violent for prime time television, Stacey Keach plays the old detective that seems to anger those around him and teamed with Cynthia Rothrock who plays by her own rules. The plot is something we have seen before except a female lead, the fight scenes are decent but what put me off is Christopher Neame, he couldn't quite pull it off being a villain.

51KyBicEyWL._AC_SY445_.jpg
Old 28th November 2021, 09:56 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I forgot about that button, it's very hidden isn't it I couldn't imagine actually trying to do anything with it though!
It's fairly straightforward. Mainly press and hold but i turned the tv on and off, altered the sound, changed channels and switched from tv to home cinema.

It's not ideal but if something happened to the remote at least it can be used until a replacement was sorted.

Then again i think my amp remote will do it all too.
Justin101 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 28th November 2021, 11:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Mausoleum. 1983.

A young girl traumatised by her mother's death, years later she becomes possessed by the demon that took her mother's life.

I won't say this was the best haunted house/possession film but certainly entertaining, one I never gave enough credit when I first saw it yet after watching it a few times it's now a favorite. Bobbi Bresee plays the adult Susan who has fallen to the family curse and even managing to be a nice temptress to the gardener and probably every man on the planet. Early 80s film and it does try to pass with the gore and visual effects make it worth watching

1545c2c24baf7a170cc31c89c1acde288893ffd4_hq.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!