Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree151657Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #57261  
Old 12th January 2022, 11:32 PM
MrBarlow's Avatar
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Dundee
Blog Entries: 1
Default

The Damned. 1969.

This was a very long film, or too long to focus on at times, 2 and half hours, at times it can be slow but at the same time it can be interesting. Set around 1933-1934, follows a wealthy family who seem to have profited from the rise of the Nazi regime and exploite every one around them. There are a few scenes of nudity that can contain themes of incest and some times can be uncomfortable to watch. There is some characters in the film based on real life Germans and how they can be with the persecution of the Jews that is mentioned a few times during the film, the acting, direction and cinematography is amazing to behold.

FWYRYrCRL3TyEpXnnB990Bw5eFEOCJ_large.jpg
__________________
" I have seen trees that look like tortured souls"
Reply With Quote
  #57262  
Old 13th January 2022, 12:31 AM
gag's Avatar
gag gag is online now
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Here there and everywhere
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Damned. 1969.

This was a very long film, or too long to focus on at times, 2 and half hours, at times it can be slow but at the same time it can be interesting. Set around 1933-1934, follows a wealthy family who seem to have profited from the rise of the Nazi regime and exploite every one around them. There are a few scenes of nudity that can contain themes of incest and some times can be uncomfortable to watch. There is some characters in the film based on real life Germans and how they can be with the persecution of the Jews that is mentioned a few times during the film, the acting, direction and cinematography is amazing to behold.

Attachment 238600
🤔 mmm, Depends I donít 2 and half hrs isnít long tbh .
Watched pulp fiction other day and when it finished I couldnít believe how time flew, felt like I had just watched a normal hr and half film,

Like das boot, I watched the full 5hr in one sitting only stopping for things like loo or making a brew, and that seriously didnít feel like 5hrs I couldnít believe I actual sat there and watched it all for so long without even looking at my mobile .
nicholasrope and MrBarlow like this.
Reply With Quote
  #57263  
Old 13th January 2022, 01:10 AM
MrBarlow's Avatar
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Dundee
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
🤔 mmm, Depends I donít 2 and half hrs isnít long tbh .
Watched pulp fiction other day and when it finished I couldnít believe how time flew, felt like I had just watched a normal hr and half film,

Like das boot, I watched the full 5hr in one sitting only stopping for things like loo or making a brew, and that seriously didnít feel like 5hrs I couldnít believe I actual sat there and watched it all for so long without even looking at my mobile .
Das Boot is a classic feature and one you can get emerged in very quickly from start to finish. I was the same when I watched Chernobyl 5 hours passed very quickly.
Justin101 likes this.
__________________
" I have seen trees that look like tortured souls"
Reply With Quote
  #57264  
Old 13th January 2022, 09:02 AM
Justin101's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Liverpool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Das Boot is a classic feature and one you can get emerged in very quickly from start to finish. I was the same when I watched Chernobyl 5 hours passed very quickly.
I agree about Chernobyl, I put it on one Sunday with the intention of watching an episode and before I knew it I'd watched them all and it was 11pm lol. Gripping stuff.
trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.
__________________


In the middle of Transylvania!

Reply With Quote
  #57265  
Old 13th January 2022, 09:07 AM
Demoncrat's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: summerisle
Blog Entries: 21
Default

The Dead Are Alive! (1972, Amando Crispino)

Police are baffled when fresher bodies start turning up at an archeological dig.
The suspects are plentiful.
It must be giallo time then ...

Featuring Samatha Eggar, Alex Cord and John Marley, this was a lot of fun. Loyalties and alibis are tested severely, and the copper isn't as comical as in some in this genre.
Recommended.
__________________



"It's come off!"

"I'm no philosopher ... I'm the guy .. who gets the firewood"
Reply With Quote
  #57266  
Old 13th January 2022, 01:11 PM
bleakshaun's Avatar
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Burntisland
Default

The Terminator

Still a great arnie flick

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
__________________
It says here you're a HERETIC
Reply With Quote
  #57267  
Old 13th January 2022, 01:32 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
The Dead Are Alive! (1972, Amando Crispino)

Police are baffled when fresher bodies start turning up at an archeological dig.
The suspects are plentiful.
It must be giallo time then ...

Featuring Samatha Eggar, Alex Cord and John Marley, this was a lot of fun. Loyalties and alibis are tested severely, and the copper isn't as comical as in some in this genre.
Recommended.
I really need to dig out the Code Red dvd and watch this again because i was severely underwhelmed.

As someone might say Rewatch!
Demoncrat likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #57268  
Old 13th January 2022, 04:05 PM
bleakshaun's Avatar
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Burntisland
Default

Tremors

Kevin bacon versus worm monsters. An easy way to make yourself feel better while choked with flu.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
__________________
It says here you're a HERETIC
Reply With Quote
  #57269  
Old 13th January 2022, 04:54 PM
Graveyard's Avatar
Active Cultist
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Southampton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
�� mmm, Depends I don’t 2 and half hrs isn’t long tbh .
Watched pulp fiction other day and when it finished I couldn’t believe how time flew, felt like I had just watched a normal hr and half film,

Like das boot, I watched the full 5hr in one sitting only stopping for things like loo or making a brew, and that seriously didn’t feel like 5hrs I couldn’t believe I actual sat there and watched it all for so long without even looking at my mobile .
I done that with 1900, around the same length time.

On topic:

Scream 1-4

I love Scream 1 & 2, the others are just watchable, but easy forgotten - tomorrow it's time for Scream 5. No high hopes, so it's already a bonus
Reply With Quote
  #57270  
Old 13th January 2022, 05:50 PM
gag's Avatar
gag gag is online now
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Here there and everywhere
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
I done that with 1900, around the same length time.

On topic:

Scream 1-4

I love Scream 1 & 2, the others are just watchable, but easy forgotten - tomorrow it's time for Scream 5. No high hopes, so it's already a bonus
Itís 7.8 on IMDb
Vast majority on letterboxd have give it good reviews
And most reviews Iíve read have been on the good side.
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.