All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th January 2022, 05:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I really need to dig out the Code Red dvd and watch this again because i was severely underwhelmed.

As someone might say Rewatch!
It was just that I enjoyed this flick. The last few have been mostly awful, so thought ... back to basics. A giallo I had never seen. The CR will surely be a better print ahem. Enjoy!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 13th January 2022, 07:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Blood Rage. 1987.

"That's not Cranberry Sauce"...will never look at the sauce the same way again, i'm scarred for life now thanks to this film. Decided to give this another go and a bit better the second time round but not much except the kills are done nicely, even with a head hanging from a cable line. Think this is one of those films you can't really watch over again and again.

220px-Blood_Rage_FilmPoster.jpeg
Old 13th January 2022, 07:47 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Blood Rage. 1987.

"That's not Cranberry Sauce"...will never look at the sauce the same way again, i'm scarred for life now thanks to this film. Decided to give this another go and a bit better the second time round but not much except the kills are done nicely, even with a head hanging from a cable line. Think this is one of those films you can't really watch over again and again.

Attachment 238619
I can. Seen Blood Rage a few times.
Old 13th January 2022, 09:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Bloody Pit Of Horror. 1965.

This is one of those Italian Gothic set B movie horror, straight from the start we are given a nice bit of torture, straight to the story with some character building and then more torture. Nice bit of a haunting back ground score, but really can't be taken seriously a lot with the bad dubbing and a female caught in a spider's web that must have inspired the makers of Spookies but in this the spider looks well cheesy to take seriously. still entertaining for me.

220px-Bloodypitofhorror.jpg
Old 13th January 2022, 10:44 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Go-Between (1971)

Joseph Losey's delightful interpretation of LP Hartley's classic Edwardian romance is a quite captivating look at a repressive and extremely manipulative English class system.

Starring Julie Christie as an upper class girl and Alan Bates as her farmer lover who have a secret love affair aided by young lad Dominic Guard who acts as a sort of postman carrying love letters between the two until he slowly realises he's falling for Christie himself.

Beautifully shot in gorgeous Norfolk locations this is a brilliant thought provoking costume drama, the type that British cinema excelled in during the seventies.

I watched the StudioCanal restored dvd to see if i thought it was worth upgrading in the current promotion to Blu-ray. Whilst it probably is i doubt i will do as the dvd looked better than many a Blu-ray. One example of which is...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (7.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 13th January 2022, 11:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Beyond Darkness (1990)

Claudio Fragasso's wonderful little haunted house horror which sees a young family move into a new home and quickly finding out it's haunted by twenty ghostly witches who had been burnt at the stake in the grounds hundreds of years earlier.

Playing like some bizarre concoction of The Exorcist - theater producer David Brandon from Soavi's Stage Fright plays an alcoholic priest battling both the house's and his own demons - Poltergeist, The Beyond and Raimi's Evil Dead, Fragasso keeps the film rollocking along. Something happens in practically every scene even though you think you've seen it before in loads of other films, perhaps films without lead Gene Le Brock who is a dead ringer for Christian Bale.

The murky atmosphere really adds to proceedings as does the films unruly structure which really shouldn't work but as with the other Fragasso film i saw recently (Night Killer, from the same year) something about the director's throw everything that money will allow (Including proper actors) at the screen approach really works for me and as with Night Killer, i loved it. So much so that this was my second viewing in a fortnight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 39568_2_large.jpg (93.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 14th January 2022, 06:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Guru: The Mad Monk. 1970.

Another low budget B movie from Andy Milligan that is certainly on the same path as "so bad it's good" The acting is certainly not the greatest, it seems to try and catch the Gothic tone that it can fail on that at times. There is plenty of noticeable goofs that I had to rewind back to make sure that I did see a light switch in a film set in the 15th century and a moped. Helped pass a hour or so.

oKxRlPglXJpbwYch5xuy0vfBWxD.jpg
Old 14th January 2022, 07:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Face At The Window. 1939.

A vicious werewolf terrorizing France, where there's Tod Slaughter you know there will be murder and mayhem. Slaughter teams up with George King again and able to bring some suspense to the screen with a creepy face appearing at a window before the victims end up dead. The film does have some daft bits and a little love triangle but certainly very much enjoyable.

MV5BMjMxNzUwMjE0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTc2NDUzMzE@._V1_.jpg
Old 14th January 2022, 09:16 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Spider Man: Homecoming

After No Way Home, I wanted to re-watch the Marvel Spider Man Movies (Forgot that this wasn't his debut) really enjoyable Film which sees Michael Keaton turn to the bad side after Stark Industries take over the clean up operations after Stark and Co. wreck cities. Humorous as well with funny cameos from Captain America.

Wonder if Michael Keaton is the 1st person to play a Superhero in one Franchise and a Villain in another?

Scream (2022)

Very worthy entry in the Series with call backs and re-appearances along with takes on bad sequels or requeals (lol)

Captain America: Civil War

Cap battles with Tony Stark about whether to sign up to regulations and control after causing too much damage. Others join sides along with Daniel Bruhel who wants revenge.

I thought that Stark would have been the one to not have regulations with Cap wanting to go along with the world leaders. Plenty of cameos with the Airport Hanger battle being one of the best Marvel scenes.

This has the debuts of Spider-Man and Black Panther.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sh.jpg (12.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg s.jpg (5.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg cacw.jpg (11.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 14th January 2022, 10:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Cosmic Monsters. 1958.

We have a couple of scientists working on...something that i can't even spell, a man enters the picture claiming to be a martian, with the words that mankind may be doomed. I thought I was watching Cosmic Monsters not The day The Earth Stood Still with giant bugs. The film is a bit out dated, the actors do try but it's like they ran out of funding had to improvise to make the running time stretch out to over a hour.

hqdefault.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!