All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd January 2022, 09:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Running Man. 1987.

Full of Arnie's goodness wearing a yellow spandex suit , and some of his cheesy one liners from the novella by Richard Bachman...can't really place who the pseudonym is for and a film that went through different directors, T.V's Starksy ended up with directing most of the film and getting the credit.

Dystopian future where the government controls alot...bit like today and Richard Dawson hosts a game show of modern day gladiators, we all know they will have their asses handed to them except Buzzsaw who had to split with his own chainsaw. Jesse Ventura stars beside although one part of screen time for them together in a computer generated fight. One that is still enjoyable to watch with Yaphet Kotto, Maria Conchita Alonso and NFL star Jim Brown, we can't forget good old Mick Fleetwood.

Attachment 238729
Apparently I heard that Christopher Reeve was in line for the lead role but would've changed things because he would have had to outsmart the hunters instead of brawn.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 23rd January 2022, 09:15 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Nobody. 2021.

When a man is pushed to the limit, only thing he can do is push back, Hutch Mansell is the guy who pushes after a home invasion, only thing is he pushes a few Russians around and they want revenge. I thought this would be a piss take on the John Wick movies but it's a stand alone film with plenty action. The protagonist does get his fare share of cuts and bruises that shows he ain't super human, Christopher Lloyd seemed to enjoy himself a bit too much with a couple of shotguns, worth a glance.

Attachment 238737
Why doesn't he put out the Bin the night before lol?
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 23rd January 2022, 09:25 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Omega Syndrome

Ken Wahl is a reporter whose Daughter is kidnapped by a Supremacist group therefore goes after them to get her back. Might have enjoyed it in the 80's but in 2022, it doesn't hold up as nothing much really happens also the acting is terrible.

Django Unchained

Christoph Waltz rescues Jamie Foxx to help him find some criminals but in return, he helps him find his Wife who's a Slave owned by Leonardo DiCaprio. I really enjoyed this one with an incredible performance by Waltz and DiCaprio excels as the bad guy. However it's far too long and it should have ended after the first shootout.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg os.jpg (12.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg du.jpg (10.7 KB, 43 views)
Old 24th January 2022, 04:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Fury Of The Demon

Nice poster eh? Best thing about this thankfully short mockumentary about a "haunted" film. Antrum was more involving tbh
Supposedly created by an acolyte of Melies, this film has a ... chequered history ahem.
This is a decent enough premise, but there is no catch to it, or I blinked at the end and missed it
Hmmm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FOTD2016.jpg (93.6 KB, 6 views)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 24th January 2022, 05:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Stepfather. 1987.

Finally managed to see this and got no idea why I avoided this, Terry O'Quinn's portrayal as Jerry Blake was haunting right from the start, cleaning himself up after killing his spree then walking down the street whistling Campdown Races, then going to try and do it all over again. Joseph Ruben Is able to create a lot tension and suspense from start to finish almost had me sitting on the floor due to nearly falling off my seat right at the last finale of the film. The violence doesn't happen much but when it does it can be bloody and Blake is able to twist things around and make it convincing that the killings especially the doctor's was a accident.

MV5BMTIzMzgwNjE2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzgxNTEzMQ@@._V1_.jpg
Old 24th January 2022, 06:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Don't Be Afraid of The Dark. 1973.

Small tip for anyone, if you inherit a house that's basically like a mansion, do some research on it, even going through the family tree and see what weird stuff if any happened. Sometimes rooms are locked for a reason or why a fireplace closed up.

Kim Darby and Jim Hutton play the unfortunate couple to inherit a house, and are basically warned not to do stuff by a carpenter who worked on the house, and yet the couple know best and ignore the warnings and all hell breaks loose. Made for T.V. film this was really quit good and very suspenseful, it's not a big budget but director John Newland was able to make it effective as it seems to go in one direction then the curve ball happens and goes in a different direction.

MV5BMTQzNTgzOTM2NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjEwOTIxMw@@._V1_.jpg
Old 24th January 2022, 07:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
The Stepfather. 1987.

Finally managed to see this and got no idea why I avoided this, Terry O'Quinn's portrayal as Jerry Blake was haunting right from the start, cleaning himself up after killing his spree then walking down the street whistling Campdown Races, then going to try and do it all over again. Joseph Ruben Is able to create a lot tension and suspense from start to finish almost had me sitting on the floor due to nearly falling off my seat right at the last finale of the film. The violence doesn't happen much but when it does it can be bloody and Blake is able to twist things around and make it convincing that the killings especially the doctor's was a accident.

Attachment 238750
A long time fave of mine, and still holds up.
Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.
Old 24th January 2022, 08:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
A long time fave of mine, and still holds up.
Thanks to you Ian for pointing it out and making a good statement about it, it's what made me hunt for it
iank likes this.
Old 24th January 2022, 09:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Citizen X. 1995.

Based on the true story of Andrei Chikatilo, a Russian factory worker and family man who killed 50 people over a period of years.

I.m not sure if this was a made for T.V. film or a theatrical release but certainly very enjoyable with Stephen Rea, a forensic expert tasked with finding the killer and Donald Sutherland as the Colonel of the militia who seems to battle with the people at the top of his command including Joss Ackland and their trail for killer Jeffrey DeMunn.

Right from the start we see the killer straight away and through certain loopholes he manages to be let go, and able to feel sympathy for the police as they are tasked to do what they can yet always seem to face a hurdle. Seeing Donald Sutherland in a role that can make him look like someone who can be a prick, he is very much likable as he doesn't believe what those above him say. Very well made and worth a watch.

220px-Citizen_X_%28poster%29.jpg
Old 24th January 2022, 10:00 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Bourne Supremacy (2004)

A reasonable story and follow up to 2002's The Bourne Identity is ruined by Paul Greengrass' cluster**** of a directing and editing job on the action sequences. Seen at the time as cutting edge and innovative. Bollocks! It's just uninvolving frantic and shit. Third film, The Bourne Ultimatum (2007), is even worse.

Like this? Share it using the links below!