Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179617Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th February 2022, 08:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

The Zero Boys. A bunch of paintballers and their girlies trek off into the country, only to become the prey of sicko serial killers. This mid 80s horror with Kelli Maroney (the younger sister from the wonderful Night of the Comet) throws in a bit of an 80s action feel to it with the paintballers having real guns and knowing how to use them, making the situation a bit more of an equal fight than is the norm. This was a lot of fun, though I thought the ending a tad abrupt.
Old 19th February 2022, 11:09 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Delirium

A former Model turned Magazine Owner has her Models being murdered and pictures sent to her. Not a bad little Film but I don't think it explained why the Murderer kept on seeing Alien faces?

Delirium

A former Vietnam Veteran goes on a killing spree whilst Detectives are investigating Suicides which are committed by a group of Vigilantes. A former Video Nasty in which the Director tagged on a 2nd storyline to an existing Film. I believe it was the rampaging Killer that was the tagged on storyline and I preferred the other storyline myself.

It doesn't help that some of the Music used ended up being the Mastermind Theme (You couldn't take it seriously even though it wasn't the Film Makers fault) Imagine Cannibal Holocaust having the same theme as University Challenge lol.

Yes, 88 Films have released 2 different Films with the same title, surely nothing can go wrong with online ordering.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d1987.jpg (13.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg d.jpg (13.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 19th February 2022, 11:17 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Yes, 88 Films have released 2 different Films with the same title, surely nothing can go wrong with online ordering.
Pity they haven't released the best Delirium - The Renato Polselli sleaze-fest.
Old 19th February 2022, 11:42 PM
Cult Addict

Dem hits the nail on the head,
It's a classic. (found my copy in a charity shop about 6 years back, Anchor Bay...noice)

I've just dug it out for a rewatch.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Last edited by nosferatu42; 20th February 2022 at 12:08 AM.
Old 20th February 2022, 04:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Strait-Jacket. 1964.

A woman who killed her husband and his lover is released from a asylum into the care of her daughter 20 years later, and begins to question her sanity.

This was a blind watch having seen a trailer that reveals the psychosis of one's mind in a room and straight jacket with Joan Crawford screaming and panting had me intrigued.

Joan Crawford plays the woman who axe's her husband and his lover while their daughter sees everything, and is released into her care hoping to start over but somethings don't seem to be helping. Diane Baker plays Carol who owns a farm and the audience can only smirk at the comments made when describing what they do to the animals. George Kennedy plays the young farm hand and a first early appearance from Lee Majors in a uncredited role.

This isn't as tense as I thought it would be for a William Castle film, Joan Crawford does play a good part and had things written to suit her needs, the film can be a good drinking game every time we see Pepsi take a drink. The film does deal with being released back into society but there is a good turn at the end. Due to there being more talking than action some may not enjoy this but it is worth a watch for the acting.

MV5BNTU1Yzc4MWItMjZmOS00OTgzLTlhOTEtMjMxYzYxOWJkNGNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5MjA3OA@@._V1_.jpg
Old 20th February 2022, 04:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hatchet For The Honeymoon. 1970.

A bridal dress designer murders his models, when he murders his wife he begins to feel haunted by her.

Give Mario Bava something to work with and he can create masterpieces, first time seeing this one and not what category it will fall under, we see the killer and know who he is but slowly uncovers his mind as to why he kills then towards the second half it's either a ghost story film or a psychological Giallo that plays on the mind.

For a running time of almost 90 minutes, Bava packs a lot of suspense and tension into the film right from the start to finish with great cinematography and acting from John Harrington as the fashion designer and killer, along with Dagmar Lassander and Laura Betti as the wife who anyone would gladly get rid off. Some of it can have you edge of your seat film but certainly entertaining.

MV5BZjliMzIyZDktY2NjMS00Mjg1LWExNmItNTZjZDUwNjM3ZDM5L2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5MjA3OA@@.jpg
Old 20th February 2022, 04:39 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Hatchet For The Honeymoon. 1970.
Have you got the 88 Films Ltd edition or did you just stream it?

Just wondered if you thought the 88 edition was worth getting and / or value for money at £24
trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 20th February 2022, 05:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Have you got the 88 Films Ltd edition or did you just stream it?

Just wondered if you thought the 88 edition was worth getting and / or value for money at £24
I found it on youtube on a decent upload.

nicholasrope likes this.
Old 20th February 2022, 05:35 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
I found it on youtube on a decent upload.

Thanks. I already have it on dvd i was wondering really about the limited edition.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 20th February 2022, 05:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Thanks. I already have it on dvd i was wondering really about the limited edition.
Been checking some of the reviews and some people really aren't praising the Deluxe release yet other people are for the extras, but maybe some don't appreciate a good Mario Bava film.

Like this? Share it using the links below!