Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179020Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th March 2022, 05:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'm watching all the Harry potter films, all I can say it why has it took me so long to watch them.
Old 7th March 2022, 05:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Meandre, Can understand the similarities of this and the cube but when you compare the difference there is so much more than looking like a cube copy, 
 It's like two people have been given the same project but they have to make it completely different and meander is exactly that, The cube it’s teamwork and has to solve puzzles to move to the next room or stop yourself from being killed, 
In meandre there’s only you and it’s more of a fight for survival, without the puzzle-solving, the biggest puzzle-solving she has to face is has she took the right path or the wrong one, it’s also about a fight for survival against the zombies that keep cropping up from time to time, the only thing you have solve is how you’re going survive the traps and race against time because there’s a device on her hand that at times warns her of what time he has left to make it to safety and be as quick as you can,
I enjoyed this thought it was pretty decent, very claustrophobic, is it a good as the cube, not quite but it's still a decent film and worth at least a one watch.
nicholasrope and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 7th March 2022, 06:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

s-l1600bb.jpg

Wow! I really enjoyed that I thought it was great.
From the first appearance of Batman, coming out of the dark shadows I was in!
I had my reservations about Patterson as Batman but he looks good.
This is a dark, gloomy movie with no humour, set in the rainy s**thole of Gotham City. I was well pleased with this one.
Old 7th March 2022, 06:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Alice In Wonderland. 1933.

Young Alice dreams she has stepped through a looking glass in to a fantasy world called Wonderland and meets some characters.

A forgotten little number of Lewis Carroll's adaptation with Gary Cooper, Cary Grant making a appearance with Charlotte Henry playing the lead character who dreams of a fantasy Wonderland. Back then this wasn't received very well due to the actors not been recognisable under the make-up, but you can tell it's them when they speak. Aside from running for 76 minutes, the original time was 90 minutes and scenes being deleted, some parts seem a bit slow and drag on, this was still somewhat enjoyable to watch.

p5910_p_v8_ac.jpg
Old 7th March 2022, 09:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Alice Through The Looking Glass. 2016.

Alice goes back to Wonderland to help the Mad Hatter who has lost his laugh and smile.

This never really appealed to me after seeing the trailer but after it was recommended by our good friend Dem, i thought i'd give it a look. The opening was basically thrusted right into the film Alice now a seas captain in battle with her boat "Wonder" and succeeding finding out there is problems at home and is lured by Absolem through the looking glass.

From start to finish this film piratically stayed on track and never took a side step, the acting was brilliant even with Sacha Baron Cohen playing Time which seems to be referenced a lot during the film and Mad Hatter, March Hare, Cheshire cat and the mouse making jokes about time. There is a lot of great visual effects and CGI that actually work with this film, don't know why I never watched this before now.

images (3).jpg
Old 8th March 2022, 04:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Little Shop Of Horrors. 1960.

A clumsy assistant at a florist nurtures a plant that is carnivores and forces him to kill in order to feed it.

A bit of a cheesy flick from Roger Corman unlike the 1980s remake this isn't a musical, Jonathan Haze as the whimpish Seymour who finds the Audrey Junior plant and feeds it blood from his finger tips then body parts. Mel Wells plays Mr Mushnik who's shop is slowly dying until people come and see the plant. Jackie Joseph plays the female lead Audrey and Dick Miller who seems to enjoy eating flowers. Jack Nicholson makes his debut as the sadomasochistic who enjoys going to the dentist.

The film was made on a budget $22.500 and shot over nearly a 3 day period, the visual effects for the plant to make it look like it was talking you can tell it was a puppet but there is some tongue in cheek comedy-horror that makes it another Corman classic.

MV5BOGE3OTgxMTUtZWUyNC00OTlhLWE5MzMtOWU2ZjMwZDAxNzA0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwNzk3NDc@._V1_.jpg
Old 8th March 2022, 06:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Silent Night, Deadly Night 5: The Toy Maker. 1991.

A elderly toy maker makes his toys into killing machines.

Here we have Mickey Rooney (who wrote a letter of protest about the first film) playing toy make Joe Petto...yes you read that right who has a son Pino, that both seem to hate children and create new toys that will kill them. Brian Yuzna co-wrote this seemed to take a mild side of horror and and let Screaming Mad George do the effects which in the first 5 minutes gives us a decent kill, we only see the after effect. The acting isn't all that great, Brain Bremer who plays Pino seems to walk like he just lost control of his bowels while acting like a doll, but still able to through a guy around with one arm.

Signed up to a streaming service called Plex, this one popped up, first time actually seeing this entry into the franchise, it is not the best horror film but it may grow on me after another viewing.

images (4).jpg
Old 8th March 2022, 06:35 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Silent Night, Deadly Night 5: The Toy Maker. 1991.
How can you watch a Christmas film in early March?
Justin101 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 8th March 2022, 06:50 PM
Cult Veteran

He's a psycho clearly

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 8th March 2022, 06:53 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
He's a psycho clearly
Hey look a new streaming service with hundreds of movies. I know i'll watch a Christmas film...

Yep, totally doolally!
Justin101 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!