Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179480Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th April 2022, 03:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I also enjoyed this one, those swinging 60s nightclub scenes were great even if Matt Smith was being Matt Smith. I just found the end revelation a bit meh but that's not to say bad! Cool soundtrack too.
I know what you mean, as a way of tying everything up the ending came across as a bit forced, but I guess my eyes were on the visuals, the inferno etc. I kept thinking it was gonna take a u-turn with a 'catch' right till the credits rolled, but it all seemed inexplicably happy after all the wrongs had been 'put to bed' etc.
Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.
Old 29th April 2022, 06:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Dark Prince: The Story Of Dracula. 2000.

A young man Vlad hopes to avenge his father's death during a war helps guide a army to victory while those around him believe he is possessed by demons.

This is a T.V made movie that explores the life of Vlad The Impaler before we know him as legendary character created by Bram Stoker. Filmed between Hungary and Budapest this adds the dark Gothic toned atmosphere to the film, there is some good choreography with the sword fights and brilliant cinematography. Rudolph Martin takes the lead and on screen he is able to give a menacing performance. Peter Weller, Roger Daltrey, star alongside and able to give out good strong performances. Have watched this before and got better with the second viewing.

MV5BMTk5ZDllNzAtZjk3Yy00ZDA0LTk1MTktNmMwY2RkZjEyYmZiL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTk4Njc5MTM@._V1_.jpg
Old 29th April 2022, 06:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I like this one. Got it on dvd from Retromedia - the very same cover you posted. Surprisingly good cast for a film such as this - John Ireland, Alan Hale Jr, Aldo Rey, Dan Haggerty.

Scream Queen Michelle Bauer is said biker chick if i recall.
Indeed she is.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 29th April 2022, 06:35 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Matt Smith was being Matt Smith..
Sold!
Old 29th April 2022, 06:50 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Sold!
He'll forever be the Doctor no matter what going forward.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 29th April 2022, 08:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Dracula vs Frankenstein. 1971.

Dracula teams with a mad doctor to resurrect the dead creature while hiding out at a carnival.

Wow where has this little number been hiding, great acting, direction, some really tense moments, had me on the edge of my seat the whole time from start to finish, this has got to be a re-watch. If you believe all that then you will believe i am a multi-millionaire

Al Adamson must have used something dark to get J. Carroll Naish and Lon Chaney Jr to sign up for this film, Zandor Vorkov must have had his nuts in a vice and punched in throat to create the deep dark voice of Dracula that was more comical than scary. I know I have watched some bad movies in my time but this one is beyond bad that this is the second viewing...I think and doesn't get any better.

51OX2hRAFaL._AC_.jpg
Old 29th April 2022, 09:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

After a silent attack most of the world is dead , a few survivors gather in a small English village soon finding the attack on earth is the work of alien robots , they try too stay alive but matters are made worse when the dead begin to rise and do the aliens bidding.

It's a film that really doesn't know what it is, is it sci-fi is it horror or is it a episode of Emmerdale, who knows?

Taking place a few months after the first Jason like the good mommy's boy he is , kills the bitch responsible for beheading his mother, he then sets his sites on a newly opened camp and starts killing those disgusting horny teens like a good boy.

Taking place not long after the last movie good boy Jason is at again when a group of teens arrive in the area, they must be punished or mother will be cross. Another bunch idiotic teens you can't wait too be killed.

People might wonder why I haven't watched the first , reason is simple I've always found its one off the must dull slasher out there. Me I'm one of those who enjoyed the films more when Jason turns Zombie and with X being my favourite part take that as you will.

Now watching.

Followed by.

Old 29th April 2022, 09:19 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
He'll forever be the Doctor no matter what going forward.
Except when he's Charles Manson.
Old 29th April 2022, 09:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

After a silent attack most of the world is dead , a few survivors gather in a small English village soon finding the attack on earth is the work of alien robots , they try too stay alive but matters are made worse when the dead begin to rise and do the aliens bidding.

It's a film that really doesn't know what it is, is it sci-fi is it horror or is it a episode of Emmerdale, who knows?
I really like this. I'm sure the robots in this influenced the Cybermen.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 29th April 2022, 09:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I really like this. I'm sure the robots in this influenced the Cybermen.
Agree, thought cybermen rip offs untill I found out this was first.

Like this? Share it using the links below!