Like Tree179475Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th May 2022, 10:00 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Thought i might watch the theatrical cut on Sunday evening.
Just finished the theatrical cut of Waterworld. Still really good but the Ulysses cut at three hours certainly adds more character development and does make it a superior film in my opinion.
Old 8th May 2022, 10:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Saw Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness.

It's not as good as the first film but it's still enjoyable enough entertainment. Perhaps I'm being unfair but it kinda seems more like a Disney Marvel Studios product than a true Sam Raimi film.

Having said that, there are certainly Raimi moments in it such as the way a tenticled monster is despatched, the Bruce Campbell cameo and the deadite look of the undead Dr Strange.

I'd probably award a 7/10 film score and whilst I really did want a 4K UHD of the first movie, this time I'll be more than content with a regular 1080p blu-ray.

btw Maybe a disc featurette will demonstrate that Raimi had much more input than it's currently seeming. I just sometimes wonder if quite often Marvel Studios films are already fully planned out even before the director is hired.
Old 8th May 2022, 10:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Iron Eagle

1986 Film which sees a Teenager's Father get captured by a Foreign Nation and put on a Sham Trial. Said Teen after finding out that the U.S. Air Force won't launch a rescue mission, takes it upon himself to rescue him himself. He is assisted by Lou Gossett JR.

Released before The Rescue, if you are able to get passed the ludicrous scenario that Teenagers have free reign at a Airbase and are able to get on Planes, steal documents (Even in the 80's) then it's not a bad little pass the time on Movie. Pretty decent Soundtrack as well.

Firestarter

David Keith's Daughter (Drew Barrymore) has the power to start fires using telekinesis and is on the run from a shadowary organization. I remember seeing this decades ago and didn't remember much of it. I found it to be good when there's action but there's a lot of the Film where it's just talk and lulls.

I am interested in the Blumhouse remake as I believe they will make the necessary adjustments to make it more action packed.

New Year's Eve

Sort of Sequel to Valentine's Day which sees more multiple connecting storylines associated with New Year's Eve. Definitely not as good as Valentine's Day but the Seth Meyers/Jessica Biel storyline where they are battling another couple to win the first baby born in the New Year is funny.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ie.jpg (14.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg f.jpg (11.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg nye.jpg (14.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 8th May 2022, 10:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Have too say I really enjoyed this and of the last few marvel film's released its been my favourite , here Strange has too protect a young girl whom can travel across the multiverse from a familiar and extremely deadly and powerful foe.

It's quite gory in places with exploding people and heads and beheadings amongst other gruesome ends, but it makes you think just how violent and gory it could of been if a film higher than a 12a could be made and Raimi was giving full control .

We have a Bruce Campbell cameo that usual for Raimi, lots of nods and Easter eggs for comic book fans , we even have a deadite Doctor Strange ! Some quite impressive effect scenes and thought the music magic battle was quite cool.

One I definitely will be picking up when it's out too buy. It seems not matter what reality Captain Marvel is always arrogant and annoying!

Now watching .

Old 8th May 2022, 10:51 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Is that Professor X in the image in the DR Strange trailer or just Patrick Stewart playing a different character?
Old 8th May 2022, 10:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Is that Professor X in the image in the DR Strange trailer or just Patrick Stewart playing a different character?
Yes he's playing professor X. Even has his iconic yellow wheelchair in this.
Old 8th May 2022, 10:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
It's Professor X. I was reluctant to say he was in it as I thought it'd be a spoiler (didn't realise he'd appeared in YouTube promo vids).
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 8th May 2022, 10:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
It's Professor X. I was reluctant to say he was in it as I thought it'd be a spoiler (didn't realise he'd appeared in YouTube promo vids).
Kind of spoiled it showing him and others in the final trailer .

Be interesting too see how the X-Men and fantastic four are going to brought in.
SymbioticFunction likes this.
Old 8th May 2022, 10:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Some quite impressive effect scenes and thought the music magic battle was quite cool.
That music note battle was very cool.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 9th May 2022, 06:41 AM
Cult Veteran

You two must have seen a different version of Doctor Strange to the DREADFUL one I saw yesterday haha. I hated it, and especially the musical notes ‘fight’ I’ve never fidgeted in my seat as much as I did then. Deadite Strange was a good idea and Bruce Campbell doing his slapstick was fun but not enough for me not to rate the film a big NO out of 10 lol…

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!