Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179412Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th May 2022, 07:11 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
You two must have seen a different version of Doctor Strange to the DREADFUL one I saw yesterday haha. I hated it, and especially the musical notes ‘fight’ I’ve never fidgeted in my seat as much as I did then. Deadite Strange was a good idea and Bruce Campbell doing his slapstick was fun but not enough for me not to rate the film a big NO out of 10 lol…
It's been quite diverse in it's reviews , so would say it's a very Marmite experience.
Justin101 and nicholasrope like this.
Old 9th May 2022, 04:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Slumber Party Massacre II. 1987.

Courtney the younger sister of Valerie, joins her friends at a condo for the weekend but has re-occurring dreams that the killer is coming back.

It is true what people say, girls who have sleep over do have almost naked pillow fights, but these girls look like they are in their mid 20s so we are safe enough to ogle over. The killer has been resurrected as a Ritchie Valens look a like with a guitar that has a drill on it and isn't afraid to use it in the last 20 minutes or so of the movie when it gets bloody. The acting isn't great at all and some of the visual effects look cheap but this film kept me entertained for the 75 minutes running time.

Slumberpartymassacre2.jpg
Old 10th May 2022, 12:49 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
You two must have seen a different version of Doctor Strange to the DREADFUL one I saw yesterday haha. I hated it, and especially the musical notes ‘fight’ I’ve never fidgeted in my seat as much as I did then. Deadite Strange was a good idea and Bruce Campbell doing his slapstick was fun but not enough for me not to rate the film a big NO out of 10 lol…
I really liked the magic animated notes fight. Reminded me of Hero, Kung Fu Hustle and the Disney Fantasia films. And I like being reminded of those movies.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 10th May 2022, 08:33 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Bloody Muscle Body Builder In Hell (1995, Shinichi Fukazawa)

Yes, they were still knocking off The Evil Dead this late it seems
A vengeful ghost plays fast and loose with a trio of friends when they try and move into her domicile. Grotty and silly in execution, they even says the G word at the appropriate time
Recommended.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 10th May 2022, 03:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

s-l400.jpg
DR STRANGE AND THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS

Add me to the list of those that liked this movie. Yeah, really enjoyed that.
I went in with no spoilers apart from seeing the trailers.
Going in like that, it was a head spin to find out who the villan of the movie was.
Old 10th May 2022, 09:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well we all know the story of the first film but I had never seen the second till know from reviews I was expecting it to be truly awful but enjoyed it maybe or maybe not as good as the first but it's a daft bit of fun, here William Ragsdale of fright night fame plays a young man who gets a job at the same department store in the first one when a dummy comes alive for a promotion he appears he is the recantation of Prince and she is his true love who was cursed a 1000 years ago by a evil sorcerer who just happens to be alive. Hollywood returns in this as well as the actor whom played the janitor in the first who is now a security guard it's unclear if he's the same person.

Now watching some mutant killer baby's.

Old 11th May 2022, 01:19 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Underworld: Evolution (2006)

Picking up straight from where Underworld (2003) ended, although Scott Speedman has gained a new hairstyle somehow, Underworld: Evolution is a brilliant example of how to make an action horror film empty, lifeless and remarkably boring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Underworld2evolution.jpg (22.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 11th May 2022, 04:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Last Matinee. 2020.

On a rainy night, small group of patrons take shelter in a cinema, unbeknown to them they are joined by a serial killer.

A entry into the slasher genre from Uruguay, this is like a homage to the 80s, even though the film is set 1993, and the film playing in the background looks very much like a 80s film. The serial killer looks like "The Fisherman" from I Know What You Did Last Summer. and carrying a jar of pickled eyes. The killings are done decently with good effects and Cinematography, there isn't really much of a explanation as to the killer is or why he is killing or maybe I missed something.

Last-Matinee-4.jpg
Old 11th May 2022, 05:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Fresh (2022, Mimi Cave)

I watched this then. Can't say too much but it starts slow then picks up somewhat. Best to go in blind here imho. Helpful demon!

Dangerous Men (2005, John S. Rad)

This was worth the wait then. Another Iranian ex pat director making his mark in the action scene
The plot is .... rather circuitous I felt. Many things happen.
Up there with Samurai Cop/ Miami Connection etc. Recommended!! (Decent print on YT ahem).

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 11th May 2022, 07:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Insidious: The Last Key. 2018.

Elise, Specs and Tucker travel to New Mexico to help a man who's house is haunted, only problem for Elise it's her old childhood home where her problems began.

This instalment I really never took to when I first watched it, It just seemed to lack the tension that the previous films had but over time it has grown on me as the Mrs has watched it more than me. Lin Shaye, Leigh Whannell and Angus Simpson return with some what a bit more humour but not overly done, The tone is a lot more darker and best watched in the dark so you ain't straining your eyes. Spanish Actor Javier Botet plays the ghost in this Keyface and doesn't seem to have much screen time but give credit to the make-up department though for making him look scary enough.

p12917271_p_v8_ac.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!