All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179599Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd May 2022, 12:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Don't know what it is but just can't get into found footage , maybe I should of actually watched the trailer.

There is a documentary about found footage films just released on Shudder. Don’t bother watching it, it’s tedious and badly edited with loud music over every interview. Not sure if I was the right audience to begin with also having little patience with the genre as a whole.
MrBarlow likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 23rd May 2022, 12:38 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
There is a documentary about found footage films just released on Shudder. Don’t bother watching it, it’s tedious and badly edited with loud music over every interview. Not sure if I was the right audience to begin with also having little patience with the genre as a whole.
As with all horror genres or indeed movie genres there are some excellent examples of found footage films. However they are greatly outweighed by dross.

The example mentioned above - Jeruzalem - i really enjoyed as it had a scale to it, not to mention a budget and the fact it was filmed on the streets of Jerusalem brought something else to a genre that normally takes place in confined or seemingly confined spaces.

One i particularly recommend is a British found footage film called The Borderlands. It's not about the supernatural or Bigfoot. Rather it's core is in Folk horror and Pagan rites and beliefs. Plus there's great characterisation which always helps.

Barry Levinson's The Bay is also excellent.
Old 23rd May 2022, 02:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Nah Justin it wasn't you, I watched part of it and switched it off
Justin101 and nicholasrope like this.
Old 23rd May 2022, 03:19 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Nah Justin it wasn't you, I watched part of it and switched it off

I watched all 100 mins more fool me lol…

Dem, I always trust your recommendations so I’ll check those out. I don’t dislike all FF films but only when it’s a device to make a quick and cheap movie rather than having a good idea to start with.
nicholasrope likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 23rd May 2022, 04:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'll also recommend The Borderlands then as it's a fine piece of work. As is Noroi: The Curse if we are talking FF.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 23rd May 2022, 05:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
As with all horror genres or indeed movie genres there are some excellent examples of found footage films. However they are greatly outweighed by dross.

The example mentioned above - Jeruzalem - i really enjoyed as it had a scale to it, not to mention a budget and the fact it was filmed on the streets of Jerusalem brought something else to a genre that normally takes place in confined or seemingly confined spaces.

One i particularly recommend is a British found footage film called The Borderlands. It's not about the supernatural or Bigfoot. Rather it's core is in Folk horror and Pagan rites and beliefs. Plus there's great characterisation which always helps.

Barry Levinson's The Bay is also excellent.
I really enjoyed borderlands probably one of the few of these type of films I'm sure someone on here recommended it.

Last edited by trebor8273; 23rd May 2022 at 07:20 PM.
Old 23rd May 2022, 05:34 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I really enjoyed borderlands probably one of the few of these type of films I have sure someone on here recommended it.
Probably me.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 23rd May 2022, 06:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rambo: Last Blood. 2019.

Decided to give this one a re-watch after SymbioticFunction mentioned about watching the previous Rambo film, Our hero goes against a Mexican sex trafficking ring, gets his ass handed to him then seeks revenge his own way and battles out on his own turf. This does have the usual Sly blood lust killings but not as brutal as the previous film. Sly was 73 and still able to pack a punch then i'm up for him to keep making the movies.

rambo-last-blood-shareimage.jpg
Old 23rd May 2022, 06:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Probably me.
Think it was!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 23rd May 2022, 08:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Thanks to everyone recommending to watch this , just like borderlands a great found footage film , there are some good ones out thier but sadly you have to wade through a river a shite to find them.

As been mentioned by others this gets marks with being set in Jerusalem, thought the smart glasses was a interesting idea and the character's aren't super annoying.

Now watching , who can't like a film which a demon pees on a priest!

After this will end the night with something completely different a episode or two of.

Like this? Share it using the links below!