Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179604Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th May 2022, 08:56 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Never Ending Story

1984 Fantasy Film which sees a bullied boy read a book set in a fantasy world called Fantasia, where a warrior has to save Fantasia from ruin. In 2022, it's not all that bad, it's short with some decent effects for it's time.

The title song is now in my head

Top Gun: Maverick

The Sequel which some thought that may never have come sees Tom Cruise return to the Top Gun School to teach the new recruits before they go on a dangerous mission.

We finally have that blockbuster film (That's not Marvel) that is well worth it, it's fun and really enjoyable.

SPOILER:
Instead of a Volleyball game, we have a American Football game in the Sea

SPOILER:
And in the best scene, we have a conversation between Cruise and Val Kilmer

A proper Popcorn Film
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nes.jpg (12.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg tgm.jpg (8.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 25th May 2022, 09:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Conan The Barbarian. 1982.

After his family is killed, young Conan becomes a slave, grows up to be a fighter and goes on a crusade of revenge.

Big Arnie becomes the sword fighter teaming up with prisoner with Subotai played by Gary Lopez, female warrior Valeria played by Sandahl Bergman and wizard played by Mako. James Earl Jones plays the bad guy who enjoys whacking people's heads off Thulsa Doom who represents the snakes. I have always preferred Conan The Destroyer over this but i'm am warming up to it quickly.

p4894_p_v12_am.jpg
Old 25th May 2022, 10:13 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Hard Rain (1998)

Fun actioner in which a river floods a town and whilst the waters rise Christian Slater's armored truck is involved in a heist led by Morgan Freeman and his gang.

It's pretty much none stop action from start to finish. A decent cast including Randy Quaid and Minnie Driver sort of convince but it's all about the spectacle really and the gun fights, and the crazy boat shit that goes down, not to mention the nearby dam exploding and the Golden Girls Betty White sat up a tree.

Undemanding, enjoyable, entertainment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hard_rain_ver3.jpg (21.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 25th May 2022, 10:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Hard Rain (1998)

Fun actioner in which a river floods a town and whilst the waters rise Christian Slater's armored truck is involved in a heist led by Morgan Freeman and his gang.

It's pretty much none stop action from start to finish. A decent cast including Randy Quaid and Minnie Driver sort of convince but it's all about the spectacle really and the gun fights, and the crazy boat shit that goes down, not to mention the nearby dam exploding and the Golden Girls Betty White sat up a tree.

Undemanding, enjoyable, entertainment.
I'm sold at Betty White sat up a tree!
Old 26th May 2022, 03:20 PM
Cult Veteran

TOP GUN: MAVERICK

The ridiculous and hugely entertaining action film I didn’t know that I needed but I honestly smiled and teared up back and forth through the entire film. Brilliant fun! Soundtrack is amazing as well!!

Just enough fan service to not be annoying but also still be effective. Go and see it on the big screen it’s so much fun.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 26th May 2022, 04:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
TOP GUN: MAVERICK

The ridiculous and hugely entertaining action film I didn’t know that I needed but I honestly smiled and teared up back and forth through the entire film. Brilliant fun! Soundtrack is amazing as well!!

Just enough fan service to not be annoying but also still be effective. Go and see it on the big screen it’s so much fun.
Is that actually a story to this one?

The first film is just nothing. Totally empty.
Old 26th May 2022, 04:07 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Is that actually a story to this one?

The first film is just nothing. Totally empty.
There is actually a narrative yes! Not just boys flying planes and playing beach volleyball
it'smebilly and trebor8273 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 26th May 2022, 07:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Exit Wounds. 2001.

Inner city tough cop Orin Boyd is transferred to a precinct and uncovers discovers corruption, dirty cops.

One of Seagal's better movies before they went straight to dvd and he was sporting a goatee, developed more chins than a Chinese phone book, able to move about and show more moves before getting tired out. Here he plays with his own rules which gets him transferred to Jill Hennessey's precinct and only fits in with Isaiah Washington. Michael Jai White plays the locker room leader (seriously what does this guy bench press) and controls his own little kliq of dodgy coppers.

DMX plays the somewhat shady business man with club owner Anthony Anderson who seems to have his own agenda in making deals and exposing the wrong people to the right people. Tom Arnold plays the T.V. show host who gets involved with Boyd through the anger management class, guess he is still angry at being married to Roseanne? This one is decent to watch and have a laugh at.

Exit_Wounds_%28movie_poster%29.jpg
Old 26th May 2022, 09:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Jackass Forever. 2022.

After a long break, the crew are back with some new faces and more daft stunts, even grandpa Irvine Zisman gets launched higher than before. In jackass 3D Knoxville had a encounter with a bull and lost yet he does it again and still lost and came off worse than ever. But as usual they filmed too much so Jackass 4.5 will come out soon enough. This still made me laugh though.

jackass-forever-poster01.jpg
Old 26th May 2022, 09:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ron Howard's more talented brother plays a local ice cream man who's ice cream the neighbourhood can't get enough of , little do they know what the secret ingredient is that makes it so tasty a gory black comedy horror , while Clint Howard's ice cream man is creepy you do feel sorry for him, watch out for Jan Macheal Vincent as inept cop as well David Naughton. A lot better than I thought it would be.

Know watching

Afterwards

Like this? Share it using the links below!