Like Tree179612Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd June 2022, 05:24 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Mulberry Street. 2006.

Attachment 240468
That must be the American release because in the UK the film was known as 'Zombie Virus on Mulberry Street'
MrBarlow likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 3rd June 2022, 05:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
That must be the American release because in the UK the film was known as 'Zombie Virus on Mulberry Street'
That will explain a lot with Shudder and their alternate titles.
Demoncrat and Susan Foreman like this.
Old 3rd June 2022, 07:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

More like Borbius!

Michael Morbius has a rare blood disorder , he just happens to be a brilliant scientist that thinks bats can cure him , they do but has the side effect of turning him into a vampire like creature with a thirst for blood , his friend Milo who is also sick played by Matt Smith steals the formula and unlike Morbius imbraces his vampire side and that's about it.

Some really crappy CGI, characters you don't care about and even the actors looked like they wanted to be someplace else!

Now watching.

Old 3rd June 2022, 08:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Digital Man. 1995.

A out of control cyborg is let loose in a community, the corporation sends in a team to destroy it but begin to suspect that they may be robots too.

Filmed in 1995 this looks like it was made in 1985, very low-budget, Matthius Hues again plays the bad guy Digital Man and looks like he can barely fight with all the gear on. Ed Lauter appears as Army General supervising the operation, this guy had a great career why would he be in this? The plot goes from a search to find another robot that's gone haywire, something about nuclear launch codes then who is actually human, i'm still confused, maybe Xtro 1982 will help me to forget this film.

Large.jpg
Old 3rd June 2022, 10:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Xtro. 1982.

While playing with his son and Dog, Sam disappears in a blinding light, three years later Sam returns but something is different about him.

I bet when Harry Davenport was making this he probably had no idea he was making a classic alien movie, the acting can be a bit wooden at times but does have some good creature effects and decent make-up effects.

Phillip Sayer plays Sam, his acting in't that bad but that could be due to the nature of the character he is playing. Bernice Stegers plays the wife who has moved on, been away for three years and a bit of a MILF who can actuually blame her for not being single. Maryam D'Abo plays the french Au Pair/housekeeper who like showing off her body Danny Brainin plays the new man Joe who comes across as a jealous boyfriend when the hubby turns up and generally acts like a prick. This is one of those films you watch time and time again and never gets boring.

Xtro-Poster.jpg
Old 3rd June 2022, 10:58 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Playing catch up.

Robin Hood (2010)

Following Gladiator (2000) director Ridley Scott and star Russell Crowe team up for this revisionist version of how the legend of Robin Hood began. There's some fine acting from an A-list cast as well as some terrific battle scenes, but if you go into this expecting a typical Robin Hood with Crowe dashing round the forest dressed in Lincoln green then you are in for a disappointment as the film is nearer to the aforementioned Roman epic than anything starring Eroll Flynn or Richard Greene.

Earthquake (1974)

Another terrific cast (Charlton Heston, Ava Gardner, George Kennedy, Genevieve Bujold, Lorne Greene, Walter Matthau and more) are caught up in director Mark Robson's thrilling movie of seismic devastation as a huge earthquake tears up LA.

The real life stunt and special effects work is amazing and really gives the impression that the huge chunks of reinforced concrete as buildings collapse are actually happening unlike todays totally computer generated cartoons er' movies such as San Andreas (2015).

Anyone who enjoys 70's disaster movies will love this.

The Blu-ray looks absolutely gorgeous although it doesn't help that silly blood splat which was superimposed on the film when an elevator full of folk plummets to the ground and soaking the stunt people in stage blood failed to work.

Vampyres (1974)

Speaking of blood, Vampyres stars a pair of glamour models in Marianne Morris and Anulka Dziubinska as two beautiful vampires who lure unsuspecting male motorists back to their mansion, sexually exhaust them then murder them in an orgy of blood drinking violence.

Jose Larraz' shocker is probably the film that best encompasses the heady blend of sex and horror in all of British cinema and makes great use of the Gothic Victorian mansion Oakley Court.
Old 4th June 2022, 06:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Massacre At Central High. 1976.

David a new transfer student notices a group of boys bullying those around them, David tries to intervene but nobody stands upto them. When David is beaten he hatches a plan to get even, when he does the other students try to take control of the school.

This was one of those films I really didn't pay much attention to when I had the Dark Night Boxset Horror, but after revisiting it today why did I avoid this for so many years. It's not your regular slasher film but more revenge on the bullies that the bullied ones try and take over certain patches of the school. The creative killings are done decently that Paul Kersey would be proud of, the acting is decent, may be B grade low budget and outdated film but i'm happy to return to this.

Massacre_at_Central_High_FilmPoster.jpeg
Old 4th June 2022, 06:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A enjoyable shudder exclusive about a young man who is reviewer for a horror magazine, who follows the boy friend of the his flatmate who he is in loving with he ends up at what he thinks is some type of AA meeting for alcoholics or drug users but ends not long before he figures something is off and that is that they are all serial killers!

So begins a battle for survival against a group of serial killers , each killer is based partially on a well knowing slasher killer, we have a Bateman type and a Jason knock-off. As I said enjoyable with some decent gore .

Was going to watch Salem's Lot but went with this which I've not seen.

Off to see Top Gun Maverick tomorrow.
Old 4th June 2022, 09:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Silent Madness. 1984.

After a error of a patient mix up, a criminally insane killer is released from the psychiatric unit, a young doctor goes back to his home town to warn people of the danger they could be in.

Typical ain't it, there is a mix up and everyone blamed the computer system instead of human error...except when a disaster happens then it's human error and not equipment error. This was a good fun slasher, basically after 5-6 minutes we are thrown into the movie and young nurse Belinda Montgomery goes full blown Dr. Sam Loomis mode to track down killer Solly Marx. The killings are done decently and effective effects and make-up, the acting is enjoyable with Viveca Linfords giving a back story and good twist in the end.

281521_medium.jpg
Old 4th June 2022, 09:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Relic. 1997.

A homicide detective and a anthropologist team up to discover a previous murder leads them to a new exhibition that opens up in a museum where the killer may be and it may not be human.

If Anything Zombie Flesh Eaters and Contamination have taught us, if a boat turns up with no crew or everyone is dead, you know the shit is about to hit the fan and not just in a small way. The stowaway in this just happens to be a big man-eating lizard that has been worshiped as a god from South America.

Tom SIzemore plays the detective teaming up with Penelope Ann Miller to uncover who is doing all these killings and when it turns out it's a creature, Sizemore does ask the best question "how do we kill it" and gets the best answer "got no idea" then start getting creative. Peter Hyams does create a good build up of suppense and tense moments and added in the dread of claustrophobia, only bad thing is part of it filmed in low lighting and a bit of a strain on the eyes.

Attachment 240463
Have to watch this again soon, it's been quite a while. Remember enjoying this a lot.
MrBarlow likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!