Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

MrBarlow 30th June 2022 10:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Bloodlust Zombies. 2011..

A technician creates a virus that is let loose in a building turning those infected into killers.

Even by the title I knew this would b e bad, right at the start there is bad acting straight away, even after the first poorly stupid looking kill I turned it off and decided to watch this:

Caged Fury. 1983.

A group of Asian and American women are taken to a camp to be brainwashed into becoming suicide bombers.

Low budged Filipino movie that has busty blonde Bernadette Williams leading the all women charge against their captors and plan their big escape. Director Cirio H. Santiago obviously did try and do what Jess Franco would do in his movies and insert some nudity and some girl on girl action that really didn't make much sense, the cinematography was not the greatest but the women do know how to handle big guns.

Attachment 240888 Attachment 240889

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th June 2022 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 672595)
Bloodlust Zombies. 2011..

A technician creates a virus that is let loose in a building turning those infected into killers.

Even by the title I knew this would b e bad, right at the start there is bad acting straight away, even after the first poorly stupid looking kill I turned it off and decided to watch this:

Alexis Texas. :loveeyes:

I wouldn't have turned it off.

Nordicdusk 30th June 2022 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 672594)
Jumping in 4K when Ben Gardner's head appears out of the boats hull. :scared:

Think everyone is going to be watching Jaws the weekend now :lol:

MrBarlow 30th June 2022 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 672596)
Alexis Texas. :loveeyes:

I wouldn't have turned it off.

That was a hint that I should have avoided the film :pound:

MrBarlow 1st July 2022 12:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Descending Angel. 1990.

A recently engaged man Michael wants to know his future father in law better by spending time with him and slowly begins to suspect he may be a WWII Nazi war criminal and begins to look into his past.

This was a decent thriller with Eric Roberts being engaged to Irina played by Diane Lane and is introduced to her father Florian played by George C. Scott and Bercovici played by Mark Margolis who believes Florian is the POW camp guard who helped slay the people. Some bits are decently built up with tension with Michael trying to uncover the truth but towards the end it does become a bit rushed, entertaining enough for a T.V. movie.

Attachment 240890

MrBarlow 1st July 2022 01:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
House Of Whipcord. 1974.

In what appears to be a abandoned prison, a young man drugs a girl and places her in the building that's operated by a old judge and a matron who likes to get the girls there in trouble while watching sentencing being passed on to them.

One film I never thought it would have high expectations of but Pete Walker must have enjoyed the Eurotrash sleaze films and decided to do his own British version of one. There is no gore in this but we do see the aftermath of cuts and turned out bruising with some female nudity but not extreme or over the top. The acting is decent with Barbara Markham as the head of house Mrs Wakehurst who we really want to see being bitch slapped and Patrick Barr as the old senile Judge. Ann Michelle plays the somewhat heroine who goes in search of a missing friend who may be held within the prison.

Attachment 240891

Have a good Friday everyone:nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st July 2022 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 672594)
Jumping in 4K when Ben Gardner's head appears out of the boats hull. :scared:

It's an extremely effective jump scare on a computer or phone screen, never mind a big-screen TV. It's no wonder the popcorn went flying in cinemas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMFyo...hannel=Film365

Susan Foreman 1st July 2022 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 672617)
It's an extremely effective jump scare on a computer or phone screen, never mind a big-screen TV. It's no wonder the popcorn went flying in cinemas!

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st July 2022 05:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Child (1977)

An interesting and utterly bizarre regional horror about a young woman hired as a housekeeper at an old house in the sticks. She soon finds out that the 11 year old girl who lives there has a horrific secret.

Highly atmospheric, this low budget production (perhaps a reason for the wild atmosphere) is like some weird nightmare especially as Halloween approaches and the jack o' lanterns come into play, and then there's the old mill...and the zombies.

At times it has the feel of an old horror from the thirties along the lines of White Zombie (1932) with it's dream like ambiance. The whole film feels like watching someone else's nightmare and it gains even more power when there's actually a dream sequence happening on screen.

This review probably makes no sense so in that respect it suits the film to a tee, just go watch it and see for your self. Where's Frankie Teardrop when you need him to explain this shit?

It's available in Arrow's American Horror Project Volume Two box set and it looks a hell of a lot better than the old dvd i used to own.

MrBarlow 1st July 2022 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Eye Of The Tiger. 1986.

Buck Matthews, a Vietnam Vet and recently released prisoner goes back to his home town which is besieged by a biker gang. When Buck's family becomes a target he calls on his friends for help.

Gary Busey in his prime as a great and lead actor plays Buck who just wants a quiet life, but biker group lead by William Smith ain't gonna let that happen especially when Buck's daughter played by Judith Barsi is left traumatised after a attack. Yaphet Kotto plays the good friend of Buck and at times it's like Yaphet is actually enjoying playing the co-vigilante and can help give out a smirk or a laugh.

For a film thathas the title of the song and yes it is used during the film, this was actually decent and enjoyable 80s flick, Busey is no Charles Bronson but does have a way in making people talk and bit creative with killings. One I certainly recommend.

Attachment 240898