LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th July 2022, 10:12 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 241049

A woman has a lucky escape from a serial rapist and murderer who is terrorising a seaside town. She is the first victim to survive but she also got to see his face when he removed his mask but unfortunately for the cops because of the trauma she suffered she has blocked the face from her memory. After trying to kill herself she is saved by a stranger who turns out to be a different rapist living in the same town now she is his sex slave. What are the chances.

Oh god this was terrible . There is so much happening in every scene that makes no sense for example our main female character gets a phone call that starts out all calm suddenly she is screaming her head then playing with her boobs in the mirror then a second phone call that has her in a panic and fear so much going on in less than a minute

The killer wears a mask and a runner glove with long rubber claws but manages to rip through all his victims chests stomachs and out their backs and even worse its the exact same kill over and over the same shot each time maybe the colour of blouse changed once . In many of the scenes when the camera cuts away from our female lead when it cuts back she has a totally different hairdo going on Also the same tune is playing over and over through the whole film which was annoyed the t**s off me.

Some bits made me laugh but thats not a good thing.
I adored this when i saw it over Christmas.

I watched Berserker back in 2012. just re-read my review. I really enjoyed it.

It's about Nordic legend. How can you not like it? Plus the creature fights Bart the Bear. Great stuff.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 10th July 2022, 10:19 PM
Active Cultist

Last week finally managed to dig into by BU collection Vigilante was the 1st pick, Death Wish style, with no woke message lol, the bad guys die. end of movie, still is enjoyable

Second movie, Daughters of Darkness, was a snoze fest, I was expecting something more like Vampyres from Larraz, but it end up to be more a artsy movie - good soundtrack at least, but everything else was quiet boring..
Old 10th July 2022, 10:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
Last week finally managed to dig into by BU collection Vigilante was the 1st pick, Death Wish style, with no woke message lol, the bad guys die. end of movie, still is enjoyable

Second movie, Daughters of Darkness, was a snoze fest, I was expecting something more like Vampyres from Larraz, but it end up to be more a artsy movie - good soundtrack at least, but everything else was quiet boring..
It'll be interesting to see if Daughters of Darkness stays with you even though you didn't rate it as it's generally seen as an excellent film.

I for one really like it. The bathroom scene is brilliant.
Old 10th July 2022, 10:53 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I adored this when i saw it over Christmas.

I watched Berserker back in 2012. just re-read my review. I really enjoyed it.

It's about Nordic legend. How can you not like it? Plus the creature fights Bart the Bear. Great stuff.
Maybe it was the RUNNER glove that put me off
Old 11th July 2022, 01:39 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Death On The Nile. 2022.

While on holiday in Egypt, Hercule Poirot is drawn into a murder of a young heiress on the boat he and other holiday makers are on.

Murder On The Orient Express wasn't really that great, I only managed to sit through a hour or so of this before switching it off, this was painful to watch, some people can act in good films but others shouldn't. Did the writers read the original source and decide to add in extra what is the point characters? Seriously stick with the original 1970s film, it's more entertaining than this.

29550_450x640.jpg
Old 11th July 2022, 03:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Exorcism Of God. 2021.

American Priest Father Williams is possessed during a exorcism which causes him to sin against the church. Years later in Mexico the same demon appears and he is forced to do battle again with the demon and hopes to win this time.

Ok here we have another exorcism movie but with a twist, it's not a rip-off from the ones I have previously watched...thankfully and this was enjoyable, the acting from start to finish was good, even Geoffrey from Fresh Prince can be a convincing man of the cloth. There may be a few sexual topics but never over done, I wasn't on the edge of my seat but decent enough for a second watch.

The-Exorcism-Of-God-2021-Poster-2..jpg
Old 11th July 2022, 05:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

(R)__13thWarrior(2).jpg
THE 13TH WARRIOR (1999)

An Arab ambassador joins a group of Viking warriors to help a village who has been attacked by an ancient evil from the mountains which arrives in the mist and kills and then takes the heads of the villagers.

A bit of a box office bomb on release this one. Ah, but who cares?
I saw this at the cinema and thought it was good.
Good atmospheric scenes in the mist, most notably the fire snake which comes down from the mountain. Lots of action as the Vikings take on the headhunters and take the fight to the evil lair.
Old 11th July 2022, 06:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I too saw The Thirteenth Warrior at the pictures. A true underrated film if ever there was one in my opinion.
Dave Boy and nicholasrope like this.
Old 11th July 2022, 07:49 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Watched THE BATMAN at the weekend and was surprised how good it was/how good Pattacake was as the dark vigilante.
Would NEVER had guessed the penguin was Colin Farrell though!

Give me the darkness of the Gotham world over Marvel anyday.
Be it Keaton,Bale or Pattison,the Dark Knight rules.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 11th July 2022, 09:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

No Time To Die. 2021.

Daniel Craig's last outing a Bond, some parts of it were enjoyable, still yet why did the pre credits sequence have to drag on for nearly 20 minutes, but ended up giving up, it's really not any better than the second time round for me.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife. 2021.

Second time watching this one and it's better than the first time and able to pick up on bits that I missed or really didn't get from the first time round. Some quirky jokes and good humour and Ray Stantz admitting he'd been in the slammer and few nods to the original movie.

77879283.jpg ghostbuster.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!