Like Tree179476Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th July 2022, 09:54 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Revenge Of The Living Dead Girls. 1987.

A chemical plant director and his secretary get involved in corruption and blackmailing, when a barrel of toxic waste is dumped by a cemetery and three dead girls arise and go on a killing spree.

This is a strange film that combines, crime, murder, horror, sleaze and zombies together, a bit of tainted milk causes three girls to die, the big chief rather have the toxic waste dumped at the cemetery where the recent deceased girls...yeah really good plan, and the secretary tries to flirt her way through life.

The acting is at it's best as it could be, the make up is never going to be taken seriously by anyone, and it does have a couple of good kill scenes. If you want a good film to help pass time and see karma do it's work then check this one out, i'd happily watch this again.

Attachment 241226
Is it uncut then?
Old 20th July 2022, 09:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Is it uncut then?
Yeah it is uncut
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 20th July 2022, 10:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

De Uskyldige AKA The Innocents (2021, Eskil Vogt)

Much like The Florida Project, this centres around a group of kids at a housing complex, but with less sunshine and that
Ahem. I recommend this one right here right now and wish to Cthulu that I had watched it sooner. Go in blind. Decent performances again from pre teens, it gives you hope ....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 20th July 2022, 10:19 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Get Him to the Greek (2010)

I think it's seeing the cover with the obnoxious Russell Brand and Jonah Hill that turns me off immediately. I only really bought this on Blu-ray as a spare case seeing as i had the film on dvd anyway.

However I always forget how funny this film actually is. Hill plays a put upon Record label guy ordered by his boss (A really funny Sean Combs) to get British rock star Aldous Snow (Brand) to the Greek Theater in LA from London in two days.

What follows is a riotous trip across the pond taking in Las Vegas as well. The opening scenes set the tone as Brand performs a cringe inducing new song 'African Child' (Think Borat style cringe inducing here) which promptly bombs sending Snow on a downward spiral of drink, drugs and more drugs which PR guy Hill gets the brunt of.

There are gags galore, some killer cameos - Snow doesn't take kindly to catching Metallica's Lars Ulrich in bed with his ex (Rose Byrne) "Go and sue Napster you little Danish twat" he yells at him, and some awesome tunes (Ramones, Mars Volta, The Clash, Goldfrapp, The Stones, Sex Pistols...)

Always amusing and at times pretty laugh out loud funny although some of the humour is very close to the bone and may not be amusing to all. I really had a good time watching it again on Blu-ray.
Old 20th July 2022, 11:16 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Get Him to the Greek (2010)

I think it's seeing the cover with the obnoxious Russell Brand and Jonah Hill that turns me off immediately. I only really bought this on Blu-ray as a spare case seeing as i had the film on dvd anyway.

However I always forget how funny this film actually is. Hill plays a put upon Record label guy ordered by his boss (A really funny Sean Combs) to get British rock star Aldous Snow (Brand) to the Greek Theater in LA from London in two days.

What follows is a riotous trip across the pond taking in Las Vegas as well. The opening scenes set the tone as Brand performs a cringe inducing new song 'African Child' (Think Borat style cringe inducing here) which promptly bombs sending Snow on a downward spiral of drink, drugs and more drugs which PR guy Hill gets the brunt of.

There are gags galore, some killer cameos - Snow doesn't take kindly to catching Metallica's Lars Ulrich in bed with his ex (Rose Byrne) "Go and sue Napster you little Danish twat" he yells at him, and some awesome tunes (Ramones, Mars Volta, The Clash, Goldfrapp, The Stones, Sex Pistols...)

Always amusing and at times pretty laugh out loud funny although some of the humour is very close to the bone and may not be amusing to all. I really had a good time watching it again on Blu-ray.
It's been a long time but as far as I can recall, Bangers, Beans and Mash was the best thing about this film.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 20th July 2022, 11:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Sinful Nuns Of St. Valentine. 1974.

Esteban plans to rescue his lover Lucita from a convent, he manages to get in and discovers the depravity that is going on and a grand inquisitor plans something else for the nuns.

Somewhat a mix of Romeo and Juliet, a father not happy with his daughter's choice in suitor and throws her to a convent, with a hint of Walerian Borowczyk's Behind Convent Walls, on the outside everything seems well but inside is a different story and The Devils with the Mother Superior having those devilish thoughts.

I'm sure we all love these "Nun Sexploitation" movies, it's not as sleazy as some films but still near the threshold of it. There is some nudity, no gore unless seeing a woman being whipped can make you queazy. I had no idea what I was going into with this but certainly enjoyable.

MV5BNmRlYzc0NDItNjk2My00OTdhLTk5YWEtNjNiNWZhZDRkNzE1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg
Old 21st July 2022, 04:49 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The 100 Candles Game

Disappointing portmanteau style horror which is made up of a variety of shorts from different countries and different directors with a wrap around flimsy story that really doesn't connect anything.

As with all these types of films the shorts vary from the awful to the very good (Amy Smart trying to protect her child from a demon in her home) but most are just simply forgettable.
Old 21st July 2022, 06:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hard Rock Zombies (1990, Krishna Shah)

More Cannon madness.
When a bunch of metal dudes fall foul of local redneck types, what's a band to do but .... return from the dead to wreak revenge.
Wholesome movie
This was just bonkers. Their music is more akin to Rick Springfield than Sabbaf, well, until the last song ahem.
A nascent romance betwixt the singer and a local teen proves that most rock musicians are perverts
The effects are .... mirth enducing (mostly!!)
Most scenes resemble music videos and I will be returning to this burg sooner than later. Hilarious!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 21st July 2022, 07:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Of Unknown Origin. 1983.

Bart Hughes is trying to get the promotion he has always wanted at work, when he goes home he is in a big fight with a rodent.

This is almost a one man show with Peter Weller vs one big rat, total cat and mouse game and yes he does use a cat at one point that does not end well. Usually when wives leave their men home alone, they normally throw a party, here Hughes ends up destroying the flat that can have it's moments of jump scenes and some unintentional humour along the way. George P. Cosmatos delivers some good direction with nice cinematography and some good tense moments.

MV5BMTk5MzIzNDU2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDE5MTY5._V1_.jpg
Old 21st July 2022, 09:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Chammber Of Horrors. 1966.

A madman cuts his hand off while escaping justice and uses detachable tools to kill those who set him up for his execution.

Patrick O' Neil plays the dashing aristocratic sociopath strangler who seems to enjoy killing and cutting up body parts which the local House Of Wax sculptor Cesare Donova and his partner Wilfred Hyde-White and assistant Jose Rene Ruiz make up for displaying. The film isn't perfect, it does have a bit of sloppy writing with victims acting totally daft but there is some good tense moments in this and everyone does try their best with their acting. Entertaining for a re-watch.

Chamberofhorrors.jpg

(just before the kills, the screen does flash up with red lines, anyone with photosynthesis epilepsy be advised)

Like this? Share it using the links below!