Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179018Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th July 2022, 04:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Taking place not long after son of Frankenstein, Igor is still alive and so is his bromance the creature who didn't die after falling in the sulfur pits but he is greatly weakened so Igor seeks out Frankensteins other son to help his friend . While not as good as the others it's still enjoyable with Lugosi reprising his role as Igor but Karloff has now been replaced by Lon Chaney as the monster who really isn't a patch on Karloff.

Tonight's viewing.

Old 30th July 2022, 06:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Absolutely ****ing brilliant , Nic is disillusioned and decides to quit acting and is approached by a super fan who has idea for a script and wants him to visit , while there he is approached by the CIA who tell him his BFF could very well be a terrorist and is sent undercover to spy on him. Nic needs too channel his characters to save the day, lots of nods too all the great man's work and Cage is not afraid too send himself up.

The man's a legend a million times better than any superhero or boring Oscar nominated movies , hell this should get Oscars it's more enjoyable than the shit that gets them nowadays.

Time I think for a Cage marathon!
Old 30th July 2022, 06:51 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Absolutely ****ing brilliant , Nic is disillusioned and decides to quit acting and is approached by a super fan who has idea for a script and wants him to visit , while there he is approached by the CIA who tell him his BFF could very well be a terrorist and is sent undercover to spy on him. Nic needs too channel his characters to save the day, lots of nods too all the great man's work and Cage is not afraid too send himself up.

The man's a legend a million times better than any superhero or boring Oscar nominated movies , hell this should get Oscars it's more enjoyable than the shit that gets them nowadays.

Time I think for a Cage marathon!
Look forward to viewing this. I'll pick up the Blu at some point.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 30th July 2022, 07:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Malabimba. 1979.

Malabimba is a 16 year old girl who begins to show signs of demonic possession.

You do a Seance/Ouija board play and and end up paying the price, another Italian Exorcist knock off with a bit more sleaze. Is Malabimba possessed or just a sexually frustrated teen who likes to hump a standing mirror. This must be a uncut version I found as the BBFC would have a field day with this one as we see everything. Marieangelo Giordano plays the nun who comes to help the troubled teen and does get out of her habit.

271832_large.jpg

Although I streamed this, there wasn't any subtitles but half the time I don't think mattered much
Old 30th July 2022, 07:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I hated that Nic Cage film, just to throw a spanner in the works

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 30th July 2022, 07:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I hated that Nic Cage film, just to throw a spanner in the works
It could just be the likes it I do seem enjoy films others don't .
Old 30th July 2022, 08:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Malabimba. 1979.

Malabimba is a 16 year old girl who begins to show signs of demonic possession.

You do a Seance/Ouija board play and and end up paying the price, another Italian Exorcist knock off with a bit more sleaze. Is Malabimba possessed or just a sexually frustrated teen who likes to hump a standing mirror. This must be a uncut version I found as the BBFC would have a field day with this one as we see everything. Marieangelo Giordano plays the nun who comes to help the troubled teen and does get out of her habit.

Attachment 241420

Although I streamed this, there wasn't any subtitles but half the time I don't think mattered much

The love I have for this sleaziest of Euro knock offs (IMHO) knows no bounds ....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 30th July 2022, 08:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
The love I have for this sleaziest of Euro knock offs (IMHO) knows no bounds ....
Malabimba will be right up your alley Demon
Demoncrat and nicholasrope like this.
Old 30th July 2022, 08:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Spider (2002, David Cronenberg)

Revisited this one after recovering from that last one he did
Fiennes and co do the acting and that, not as grim as I remembered etc.
Ralphie baby mutters (TF for subs) his way through this tale that you can tell a mile off was based on a novel.
Adrift without medication or supervision of any sort, our protagonist is literally left to his own devices. Coming accidentally across his childhood district sparks a flood of memories. I still don't know with this one. Fiennes plays slightly mannered in some scenes I feel and it just bothers me. C'est la vie.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 30th July 2022, 10:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

One Tough Bastard (1996, Kurt Wimmer)

Brian Bosworth Vs Bruce Payne? Yes please.

The Boz is a family man, and when that avenue is closed for him, what's a recovering coma victim to do but rampage LF???
Ahem.
Payne sports the most hilarious barnet bar none
The dialogue is ... interesting to say the least. Plus they saddle BB with a partner that is ... unusual even for the period ahem. Odd flick. Fun in parts, dragged in the middle.

[B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!