Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th October 2010, 11:59 AM
Active Cultist

'The Bothersome Man'

Norweigen flick somewhere between the Prisoner and Being John Malkovich. Enjoyable watch..
Old 4th October 2010, 12:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
If I remember correctly, Let Me In is set in Canada as that allows you to keep the drab, snowy landscape.
Canada. That sounds about right. The perfect place for this film. Thanks for letting me know, and for the reply.
Old 4th October 2010, 04:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
If I remember correctly, Let Me In is set in Canada as that allows you to keep the drab, snowy landscape.
I thought it was set in Mexico?

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 4th October 2010, 07:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Well if it is a different movie then LTROI then I will be surprised.

It was filmed in Mexico but not sure where it is set.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 4th October 2010, 10:57 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

It's set in New Mexico.

Just read Empires review and they said this:

Not asdeep as the original but certainly more of a crowdpleaser - and it's hard to imagine a more intelligent and well-crafted American horror being released this year. 4 Stars.

Had a feeling it would be a gooden, can't wait to see it even more now

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 4th October 2010, 11:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
It's set in New Mexico.

Just read Empires review and they said this:

Not asdeep as the original but certainly more of a crowdpleaser - and it's hard to imagine a more intelligent and well-crafted American horror being released this year. 4 Stars.

Had a feeling it would be a gooden, can't wait to see it even more now
Hmm what do they mean bty crowd pleaser as 90% of the people I know that saw LTROI loved it so that was most certainly a crowd pleaser.
They said not as deep but that was gonna be obvious and is one of the reasons I love LTROI, its got so much to it thats beneath the surface. Even though they only hint at the gender of Eli.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 5th October 2010, 07:21 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
Hmm what do they mean bty crowd pleaser as 90% of the people I know that saw LTROI loved it so that was most certainly a crowd pleaser.
They said not as deep but that was gonna be obvious and is one of the reasons I love LTROI, its got so much to it thats beneath the surface. Even though they only hint at the gender of Eli.
I absolutely adored Let The Right One In (film of the year) and there's no way this one will be better but what they mean is that it's more gorey with stronger scares to accommodate the more, I don't know, "modern" horror audience I guess. I'll definitely be checking it out. I'll let you all know what I think once I've seen it.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 5th October 2010, 09:40 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Let The Right One In is one of my favourite vampire films ever. I loved the book too which goes a lot deeper into the seedy side of things. I've heard that Let Me In is mostly a scene for scene remake apart from the fact that it introduces a detective into the mix while taking out some of the drunks story. I'm hoping for good things, but I'm going to have to see it for myself before judging.

Old 5th October 2010, 11:07 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I too love "Let the right one in" and feel that a remake is unnessesary. It is all about money I feel, with the big companies having the buying power to get the rights holder to allow it. There we have "The girl with the dragon tattoo" getting a remake next year with Daniel Craig starring. I haven't seen this but have heard that it is good and will get soon.

But there are films such as Quarintine which I don't find any better or worse than REC(just my opinion). So there are some films which are remade well. As for let me in, I don't think this is one.
Old 5th October 2010, 12:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The thinking goes like this. The general movie goer hates subtiles. Let The Right One In was a big money maker but the subtitles put some peolpe off. Lets remake it in English to grab the cash off those people.

Personally I don't mind subtitles - I'd estimate that over 30% of my DVD collection has them - but I do know quite a few people (My wife included.) who do not share my enthusiasm for reading as you watch. I can see why the remake from a purely money making aspect, but I think with Let Me In they have gote a strong cast and a director who loves the source material.

Hey, mercury. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (original) is well worth tracking down.

Like this? Share it using the links below!