Like Tree179480Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th November 2022, 10:59 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Thank you Den I'll try and find that one, most of them I have seen Cassandra Crossing, Airport, The Swarm , Rollercoaster, some have popped up

City on fire
Avalanche
Skujacked
Flood
Gray Lady Down,

I'm sure i can get these found and watched at some point
Gray Lady Down is good but it's not a typical disaster movie. It's a submarine movie about a nuclear submarine which is struck by a tanker and well, shit happens. I have it on dvd and almost bought it on Blu-ray in the last Indicator sale.
Old 8th November 2022, 11:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Gray Lady Down is good but it's not a typical disaster movie. It's a submarine movie about a nuclear submarine which is struck by a tanker and well, shit happens. I have it on dvd and almost bought it on Blu-ray in the last Indicator sale.
I saw the plot to it and somewhat appealed to me and be a lot better than the film I'm watching just now
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 9th November 2022, 12:21 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Angel Of Reckoning. 2016.

Rachel a female war veteran returns home to settle down, when her niece commits suicide she tries to find the answers and goes on a personnel revenge path.

Simple plot that we love, ex marine comes home and gets a bit upset and then wages a one person war on those who have wronged them. This was a blind watch for me and I bet if I was sat with Stevie Wonder I'm sure he be begging for me to switch it off. Nice couple shoot out scenes, give the film credit for that and the skimpy clothing some...dancers shall we say wear. The fight scenes are poorly choreographed to the point it was like two clowns having laugh. The acting was horrendous, honest it doesn't get any better. Not one I would recommend.

download (2).jpeg
Old 9th November 2022, 02:34 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Game Of Death 2. 1981.

Bobby Lo investigates the death of his brother Billy who was attending the funeral of his friend who died in mysterious circumstances.

The first half an hour is some stock footage from Enter The Dragon, director NG See Yuen obviously didn't expect Enter The Dragon to be released in full years later and can tell what parts really don't make sense in this.

Half way through we get to see a woman on stage singing and attempting to dance, guess she was told to dance and hold the microphone to her mouth and lip sync which is more comical. Tae-Jeong Kim in his first appearance playing Bruce Lee character from the first film (second time he played Bruce Lee was in No Retreat No Surrender) there is one or two decent fight scenes incorporated into this. Decent if you want a laugh and to see a full frontal naked woman.

GameofDeath2FOXDVDcover.jpg
Old 9th November 2022, 05:13 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Meltdown. 2004.

A nuclear power plant in California is taken over by terrorists, F.B.I., Homeland Security and a Army Colonel clash on how to deal with the situation.

For a t.v. movie this had a good star cast with Bruce Greenwood, James Remar and Arnold Vosloo and good plot line, but the changing of the black and white and going back to colour was very unnecessary and the amateur shaky camera work made this very unwatchable.

images (1).jpg
Old 9th November 2022, 12:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Angel Of Reckoning. 2016.

Rachel a female war veteran returns home to settle down, when her niece commits suicide she tries to find the answers and goes on a personnel revenge path.

Simple plot that we love, ex marine comes home and gets a bit upset and then wages a one person war on those who have wronged them. This was a blind watch for me and I bet if I was sat with Stevie Wonder I'm sure he be begging for me to switch it off. Nice couple shoot out scenes, give the film credit for that and the skimpy clothing some...dancers shall we say wear. The fight scenes are poorly choreographed to the point it was like two clowns having laugh. The acting was horrendous, honest it doesn't get any better. Not one I would recommend.

Attachment 243263
Is this by Len Kabisinski?
Old 9th November 2022, 02:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
Is this by Len Kabisinski?
Yeah that's the one Mac
MacBlayne and nicholasrope like this.
Old 9th November 2022, 04:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Slaughter Day (1991, Brent Cousins)

SOV splatterfest. Yes, there's always another one to find it seems.
Filmed in the part of Hawaii that even Sidaris refused to use, two brothers have to combat a Fisher Price Evil Dead set up when they find a fusty old tome, and no I don't mean a Stephen King novel .
Some hilarity ensues. Grotty and mirth inducing in equal measures.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th November 2022, 05:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I watched Terrifier 2 last night - rented it on RakutenTv decent selection on that streaming service, and they have the new Hellraiser too, which is next on my list.

Aye, Terrifier 2 was something! More of an experience than a film - it’s pretty light on the “story”, and is more a collection of wild killings and examples of well executed practical effects. My favourite bit was the bit with the “drop on by the clown cafe” song, which is a real ear worm.

I’m not sure what part of the film had audience members vomiting in the aisles it was mad, but it certainly wasn’t as stomach churning as “Mad God”.

Oh, Mad God I feel sick just thinking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 9th November 2022, 05:30 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckyFunster View Post
I watched Terrifier 2 last night - rented it on RakutenTv decent selection on that streaming service, and they have the new Hellraiser too, which is next on my list.

Aye, Terrifier 2 was something! More of an experience than a film - it’s pretty light on the “story”, and is more a collection of wild killings and examples of well executed practical effects. My favourite bit was the bit with the “drop on by the clown cafe” song, which is a real ear worm.

I’m not sure what part of the film had audience members vomiting in the aisles it was mad, but it certainly wasn’t as stomach churning as “Mad God”.

Oh, Mad God I feel sick just thinking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes but that Tippet thing wasn't in cinemas.

Audiences don't get the extreme gory stuff in Terrifier 2 in typical multiplex horrors. Have you seen the watered down garbage that the studios release nowadays.

Like this? Share it using the links below!