Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179516Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th November 2022, 05:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Yes but that Tippet thing wasn't in cinemas.

Audiences don't get the extreme gory stuff in Terrifier 2 in typical multiplex horrors. Have you seen the watered down garbage that the studios release nowadays.

Yes yes it was certainly more extreme than the usual guff. Still, all I’d read about it were people referring to “that bit”, like saying “you’ll know it when you see it” sort of thing. The whole movie was pretty wild, but not sure what was the most vomit inducing part!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MacBlayne and nicholasrope like this.
Old 9th November 2022, 06:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default What Films Have You Seen Recently?

I should add - I was “lucky” enough to see Mad God at the cinema. They had a screening at the Glasgow Film Theatre. Watching that film on the big screen in a dark room was akin to that scene in A Clockwork Orange. IMG_5957.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 9th November 2022, 08:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

First time watching this. Sandra Bullock plays a astronaut who after the destruction of the space shuttle with time and air running out and one disaster after another true to find away back to earth.

This looks stunning and was very tense with a feeling of isolation and loneliness. The entire film takes place in real time. Recommended.

Not seen this since initial release. It's a game of cat and mouse when secret service agent Clint who was their when Kennedy was shot has never gotten over it is contacted by a man ( John Malkovich) who says he is going to kill the president . So the game of cat and mouse begins . Will Clint be able to stop him in time?

Why I've not seen it more is beyond me, it will now be getting plenty more viewings .

Now watching

Followed by.

Old 10th November 2022, 08:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

For what's supposed to be a post apocalyptic wasteland has very well maintained roads and seems plenty of food. Basically Mel Gibson in one of his earliest roles plays a cop who along with his buddies try to keep order from a gang of bikers when his wife and young child ,Mel sets outdoor revenge .

Some good car chases and crashes , but the gang has to have some of the most effeminate gang members on the silver screen and you had to love Mel's boss whom was a refuge from the village people .

It's telling of the Beowulf poem with the highlander himself as the lead, it comes of as some cross between Hercules , highlander and underworld with Lambert leaping and running around impaling people with his weapons .forgettable.

Now watching

Old 10th November 2022, 08:10 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

For what's supposed to be a post apocalyptic wasteland has very well maintained roads and seems plenty of food.
The first one isn't an post apocalyptic wasteland. It's where civilization begins to break down. Half the film is set in the city and police station.

Max and family go on a holiday / road trip to get away from it all.
Old 10th November 2022, 08:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The first one isn't an post apocalyptic wasteland. It's where civilization begins to break down. Half the film is set in the city and police station.

Max and family go on a holiday / road trip to get away from it all.
Well that makes a lot more sense.
Old 11th November 2022, 04:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

s-l1600bb.jpg
METEOR (1979)

A bit of a box office flop this one. The movie did not make back it's production costs and was panned by critics.
It had a troubled production including special effects people being fired. The rushed effects can be seen on screen. Fan favorite Samuel Z. Arkoff was executive producer on this!
The movie is good. I just think it came along at the wrong time, when the reign of 70s disaster movies was at an end and kids were now seeking out movie adventures in outer space!
Old 11th November 2022, 05:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Attachment 243351
METEOR (1979)

A bit of a box office flop this one. The movie did not make back it's production costs and was panned by critics.
It had a troubled production including special effects people being fired. The rushed effects can be seen on screen. Fan favorite Samuel Z. Arkoff was executive producer on this!
The movie is good. I just think it came along at the wrong time, when the reign of 70s disaster movies was at an end and kids were now seeking out movie adventures in outer space!
I had this on my list to watch but couldn't get a hold of it, one that seems to leak my interest a lot then dwindles away
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 11th November 2022, 09:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Earthquake. 1974.

The lives of some people are changed when a earthquake hits Los Angeles.

This was a interesting film, first half is made up of the introduction of the main characters, a Evel Knievel wannabe motorbike stunt man, a police man who has been suspended for punching another officer, a architect having marriage problems and is having a flling. I didn't realise this was the 2 and half hour TV version I downloaded so the film breaks as soon as a plane lands during the quake.

George Kennedy plays the good right hand punch copper and Charlton Heston as the architect who basically become a strange reliance team after the quake. Ava Gardner plays the drunk suicidal wife and Genevieve Bujold as the young mistress. Just when you think things may settle the director Mark Robson throws in a curve ball that we knew would happen. For the time frame of this film its decently well done and well acted. Thanks to Dem for recommending this one.

MV5BN2MzYTFiOTUtNTE3Mi00MTlkLWJmMjctZWU3N2Y5OGMwY2JhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg
Old 11th November 2022, 09:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The world has fallen into ruine , Max ( Gibson) roams the wastelands with his dog keeping ahead of the vicious gangs. Fate brings leads him to a group who are being harassed by a gang who seem to be into leather and S & M , the amount of butt holes on display is mind boggling!

A none stop action packed ride with the tanker chase at the end being the highlight of the movie.

I will start with the elephant in the room, Lex Luthor what was the thinking behind Lex's personality it was just bizarre and he seems liked some type Scooby Doo villain with his funny voices and mannerisms.

But apart from that I enjoyed it , one thing they did sort of get right with Lex is how smart he is,he already knows who the justice league are. The extra 30 minutes adds more too the film, wonder woman is my favourite part of the film out all the characters she brings the most humanity .

Now watching

Like this? Share it using the links below!