Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179625Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th November 2022, 08:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Bullet train. 2022.

Five assassins on board a "Bullet Train" in Tokyo with one thing in common and try to survive at not being killed by one another.

We see all the characters at the start and then we are introduced to them as the film moves on. Everyone seems to be employed to do a job and capture a brief case yet everyone wants it for their own agenda, what seems to be a good easy task becomes impossible with some good laughs along the way. Certainly worth a watch.

bullettrain_onesheet_1400x2100_v4.jpg
Old 16th November 2022, 10:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hounded. 2022.

Four people try to burgle a stately Manor in the country side only the lady of the Manor turns things around and the four become hunted in a game of cat and mouse.

You think to rob a "Toffs" house you wouldnt get any consequences, former Miss Moneypenny Samantha Bond plays the lady who along with three other people and a groundsman go on a fox hunt this time with people instead of animals. To be honest I had no idea who to root for, the burglars that are being hunted or the hunters protecting their property and land. This was decent on a blind watch but not sure a second glance would be in store.

MV5BOWVjZTQyZjUtYWZjMS00MDJkLTk2NDktNjU2ZjhjM2FkOWRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjA0NTYzOQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX100.jpg
Old 17th November 2022, 12:39 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Prey. 2022.

A skilled warrior of the Comanche Nation helps save her people from a Predator.

If it bleeds we can kill it...best words ever said by Arnie in the first film and said in this one. We got a bad ass female warrior looking to get her place in her tribe and then a big ass predator arrives. Think we have our favourites with the franchise, The Predator wasn't great nor terrible, AVP: Requim...best not mention that, this had good kill scenes and seemed to head in the right direction but went down quicker than a hooker at a 12 man gang bang. Could they have not used the original visual effects rather than CGI in some places?? There was very little tense moments, half way through it just seemed rushed. First time watching this and certainly the last.

prey-.jpg
Old 17th November 2022, 12:49 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Hounded. 2022.

Four people try to burgle a stately Manor in the country side only the lady of the Manor turns things around and the four become hunted in a game of cat and mouse.

You think to rob a "Toffs" house you wouldnt get any consequences, former Miss Moneypenny Samantha Bond plays the lady who along with three other people and a groundsman go on a fox hunt this time with people instead of animals. To be honest I had no idea who to root for, the burglars that are being hunted or the hunters protecting their property and land. This was decent on a blind watch but not sure a second glance would be in store.

Attachment 243453
The Owners is a film in the same vein. I think we are supposed to root for Maisie Williams and her little band of burglars when they raid Sylvester McCoy and Rita Tushingham's old place in the countryside but pretty soon i was more on the side of the old couple who became very sadistic.
Old 17th November 2022, 12:53 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Owners is a film in the same vein. I think we are supposed to root for Maisie Williams and her little band of burglars when they raid Sylvester McCoy and Rita Tushingham's old place in the countryside but pretty soon i was more on the side of the old couple who became very sadistic.
I was tempted to find that film but not sure how I would take to The Wee Scottish Doctor being sadistic
Old 17th November 2022, 06:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It's called acting B .... Enjoy, as they are the best thing about it imho.

The Dark Tapes (2016)

A group of scientists grapple with things they shouldn't, giving us examples of strange incursions into our reality to back up their thesis. It's another FF anthology more like
Some fun here, as two of the "bits" were quite creepy imho. The wrap around is a bit cliched, enlightened by the fact they look like they will start a Devo cover band in their down time
Ahem. Had heard about this one for years and it was worth the wait to be fair. Yes, they are all mostly jump scares of one sort, but they've replaced slashers for me in that I get to watch a load of folk who don't know that they are in a horror film. The characters ahem. I've laboured the point but that's why I watch so many of them.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th November 2022, 09:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Juggernaut. 1974.

A blackmailer threatens to blow up cruise ship hat has bombs placed around it unless he is paid. While Scotland Yard try to find the person, a bomb disposable team try to defuse the bombs.

This was was decent blind watch thrilling movie, another cruise ship in New Years Eve, this time it's a plot with time and waves to compete with. Richard Harris and David Hemmings are dropped on the sea next to the ship captained by Omar Sharif with Anthony Hopkins staying in London looking for the bomber. This has good tense moments, just when you think bomb disposable team have it sorted we are given a curve ball. In some areas where the bombs are you do get a sense of claustrophobic mixed in with suspense. Certainly one to watch.

MV5BZDJjOTRhN2MtN2I1OS00MTdjLWI0YWUtN2Y0NTBkN2I1NjY5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxMTY0OTQ@._V1_FMjpg_UX100.jpg
Old 17th November 2022, 10:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Juggernaut. 1974.
"Red lads! R.E.D. Cut the red."

I watched the last half hour myself on Talking Pictures last night. Excellent film with a terrific cast.

Wonder if it's out on Blu?

A perfect one for Indicator you'd think.
nicholasrope and MrBarlow like this.
Old 17th November 2022, 10:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
"Red lads! R.E.D. Cut the red."

I watched the last half hour myself on Talking Pictures last night. Excellent film with a terrific cast.

Wonder if it's out on Blu?

A perfect one for Indicator you'd think.
Heck yeah Indicator should release This, thanks for recommending this one Dem

It's available on a import blu-ray for about £19.99.
Old 17th November 2022, 10:29 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Heck yeah Indicator should release This, thanks for recommending this one Dem

It's available on a import blu-ray for about £19.99.
Just had a look, thanks. Next time i want to watch it i may order the US release if there still isn't a UK one.
nicholasrope and MrBarlow like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!