Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th December 2022, 11:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

well lets get the only positive out of the way, it looks amazing and should be seen on the biggest screen possible but thats its only good point, it shallow as a tide pool with a boring cringe story that puts the BBC shame with its agenda and unlikable characters
I have to say that I don't feel motivated to watch this at all, I probably will at some point, but I'm not going out of my way to spend 3 hrs in a cinema! The original film, while not perfect either, was a good stand-alone story so when Cameron announced he's planning more films but only when the technology catches up to his vision, I did groan a bit.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 19th December 2022, 01:24 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I have to say that I don't feel motivated to watch this at all, I probably will at some point, but I'm not going out of my way to spend 3 hrs in a cinema! The original film, while not perfect either, was a good stand-alone story so when Cameron announced he's planning more films but only when the technology catches up to his vision, I did groan a bit.
I have no interest in seeing it at all. I honestly didn't rate the first one. For the biggest money spinner of all time there are about twenty thousand films which are better in my opinion.
Old 19th December 2022, 02:12 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I have no interest in seeing it at all. I honestly didn't rate the first one. For the biggest money spinner of all time there are about twenty thousand films which are better in my opinion.
I'm struggling to remember if I have seen it twice. I saw it on the screen in 3D and obviously I was blown away by it because to be honest it was a spectacle, I bought the BD on release day but I'm not actually convinced that I ever watched it, not interested

So many films out there that are miles better

Old 19th December 2022, 03:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Agree it's overrated and so many better films out their , it was better than the sequel but just like that the only good things was the effects everything else was meh!

I wanted to see something else but everyone wanted to see it, by the end they knew they had made a mistake it's the first film in sometime which people walked out of.

Also it's ironic Cameron was having a go at marvel for there movies which yep a lot of problems with those movies , but then he produces this!
Old 19th December 2022, 07:49 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Watched Terrifier 2 last night. Have to say, I definitely preferred the first one. This was over long and I really didn't need to know so much about the characters.

And it must just be my sick mind, but people actually threw up watching this? I had heard a lot of people mention the scene in the bedroom, but it didn't bother me in the slightest
Old 19th December 2022, 10:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Where Eagles Dare (1968)

A fantastic December treat, endlessly watchable. Clint Eastwood at his coolest, Richard Burton bamboozling everybody, a plot that twists and turns and at some points really does make you ask 'What the f**k?' and a final hour of all out action.

Where Eagles Dare - It ain't Christmas until Broadsword calls Danny Boy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Where_eagles_dare.jpg (93.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 19th December 2022, 10:35 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

well lets get the only positive out of the way, it looks amazing and should be seen on the biggest screen possible but thats its only good point, it shallow as a tide pool with a boring cringe story that puts the BBC shame with its agenda and unlikable characters
I think that whilst the 1st Avatar made a lot of money, I don't think that people actually loved Avatar.
Old 19th December 2022, 11:18 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Decemberdike # 18

Touch of Death (1988)

Gory as f*ck tv movie from Lucio Fulci about a Lothario (Brett Halsey) who dates then murders women, eating select cuts himself before getting rid of the rest to the pigs in his yard. However Halsey soon discovers a copycat is doing similar and doing it in a very clumsy fashion.

I'd not seen this before and absolutely loved it. It's a great big dark comedy from Fulci and is ridiculously entertaining. I laughed out loud several times and gagged a couple too. Halsey is terrific, for a so-called ladies man he's way OTT. Especially when he dyes his hair yellowy green.

The 88 Films Blu-ray looks gorgeous but it doesn't do Fulci's wonky special effects any favours.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (81.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 19th December 2022, 11:25 PM
Cult Veteran

I love this one too, it’s ridiculous but that’s what makes it good. Time for a rewatch soon I think!

Old 19th December 2022, 11:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I love TOD for all those qualities D. Enjoy revisiting that particular menu ....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!