Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

mercury 19th October 2010 08:13 PM

Watched The Brides of Dracula last night. Not the best Hammer film I've seen.
Saw Observe and Report which was quite funny and Played some less heard of Queen song:woot:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 20th October 2010 10:32 AM

Last night I watched the blatant rip-off Halloween Night, straight from the poundland. Sure it's obviously a cash in - the dvd even features the same font as the Halloween release not to mention the story being pretty similar -but it's still a pretty enjoyable film. Not amazing but not a turd either. The killer looked particularly deformed (NOES?) and whilst the kills weren't exactly original either, or long, it had a strong emphasis on plot. If you see this in Poundland, I say give it a try.

Inspector Tanzi 20th October 2010 01:55 PM

The Wild Geese - watched the Blu Ray, looks nice, I forgot how enjoyable this film is (and how annoying Richard Harris' son is).

Some of you know me already, those of you who don't are in for a great big ****ing surprise!

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/q.../wildgeese.jpg

Inspector Tanzi 20th October 2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 108897)
THE BAMBOO HOUSE OF DOLLS, over the top W.I.P. exploiter, that delivers on the sex and violence, and has a great theme tune over the demented, knicker obsessed title scenes.

Ennio Morricone - Garden of Delights

;)

YouTube - ENNIO MORRICONE -"Il Giardino Delle Delizie" (1967)

pedromonkey 20th October 2010 05:04 PM

watched these two films this week...

Machete - absolutely brilliant, the best thing to come out of the whole grindhouse thing.

Resident Evil: Afterlife - The best resi film since the first....

gag 20th October 2010 08:10 PM

Just finished watching
Harpoon the reyvjavic whale watching massacre

It was a b it hit and miss, it wasnt a particularly bad film but at same time wasnt exactly that gr8 either
But what was with the japanese women yuko at the end i didnt fully get that bit

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th October 2010 10:02 PM

I watched Winter's Bone at the cinema this evening and it was absolutely brilliant with a stunning central performance by Jennifer Lawrence.

nekromantik 20th October 2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 109151)
I watched Winter's Bone at the cinema this evening and it was absolutely brilliant with a stunning central performance by Jennifer Lawrence.

I wanna see that.
Looks pretty good. :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th October 2010 10:11 PM

I haven't seen the trailer but I was assured on the way out that the film is very different that the impression given by the trailer -- it is very slowly paced and much more deliberate that in the trailer.

BioZombie 20th October 2010 10:28 PM

Razorback

An Ozsploitation film about a killer razorback (a boar). It wasnt quite the crazy Mad Max meets moster movie I was expecting. A more apt description might be Jaws in the out back. The film builds slowly, and relies heavily on atmosphere. The massive razorback doesnt look overly impressive but the film makers have kept shots of it to a miniumum sensibly deciding less is more when it comes to their monster.

The real stand out part of Razorback is the cinematograpy. All shots are beautifully framed and lit, especially the night scenes. The couple of surreal scenes, one a dream and the other, possibly a mirrage, fit really well into the film as well.

I'm not sure it's for everyone but I enjoyed Razorback