Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179480Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th February 2023, 06:49 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I had the exact same experience with Flatliners as you two. Not seen it since either the VHS rental or it was on Sky Movies and didn’t have any memory of it but I bought the Arrow 4k and loved it.

And about Friday 13th part 5, I quite like it, it’s stupid and tonally different from any of the other films but it has something about it that makes me go back to it. In my ranking it’s higher than both part 3 and part 8.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 24th February 2023, 07:16 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I'm working my way through the Friday the 13th blu-ray collection at the moment. I've watched the first two (both re-watches though I could barely remember a thing from the first time). From 3 onwards it will be virgin viewings so to speak. The first two are excellent though, I still need to compose reviews.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Fun times ahead the last few I don't really enjoy that much Freddy v Jason Jason goes to Hell and Jason X but the rest are all a good time.
nicholasrope and MrBarlow like this.
Old 24th February 2023, 07:40 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Fun times ahead the last few I don't really enjoy that much Freddy v Jason Jason goes to Hell and Jason X but the rest are all a good time.
Freddy Vs Jason and Jason X, I have actually seen. I personally really like them both, especially X. Jason Goes To Hell I'll have to track down separately as it isn't included in this set.

Old 24th February 2023, 07:52 AM
Cult Master

MI_–_Fallout.jpg

After supposably taking down the terrorists organisation known as the syndicate Ethan and his team are sent in a mission to make a deal for some plutonium to stop a new organisation who turn out to be a splinter group of the syndicate getting their hands on it but the deal goes wrong and Ethan has to make a choice between losing a friend or risking the lives of millions of innocent people.

What an action packed ride this is once again it's got it all a great story with plenty of twists and turns always keeping you on your toes because you genuinely can't trust anyone everyone seems suspicious and your really do find yourself carefully listening and I was constantly thinking of why did she say that or what did he look at him like that they must be about to turn and that really engages you even more in the film even if most of the time I was wrong .

As if I really need to mention this but Lord Cruise is in fine form here throwing himself off buildings breaking his ankle during one chase across the London roof tops and still continuing his moans and groans are real here people. All the chase scene are amazing proper edge of your seat stuff my favourite move has to be the hand break turn to get the car down the steps it was so smooth and a moment that made me all fuzzy inside oh yeah and then to top it off we have a helicopter chase scene through the mountains which yes you guessed it Lord Crusie is just casually hanging from and dropping off it no bother to him at all

The humour is not as present in Fallout it has a more serious tone even somber at times. The acting is always top notch and you really feel that team really do love each other it's not just a job but a little family not just in the dialogue but you can see it in the eyes which is another aspect that just grips you and keeps you engaged.

What I noticed through watching all these films over the past week they really handle romance well it's there but it's very very subtle there are no sex scenes there is no nudity for the sake of it and that really works well there is plenty of body language between characters and certain times and many sensual moments but it's all handled through looks if you understand what I'm trying to say.

Last but not least I have to mention Rebecca Ferguson again just like Rouge Nation she is bloody awesome in this again kicking ass in variety of fist pumping ways she is definitely a keeper in this series

I'm sad it's all come to an end after a week of watching these films but knowing that there is a two parter in the horizon fills me with so much joy. Also I have to mention my girlfriend LOVES Tom Cruise always has always will and I mean LOVES him and to see her face light up everytime he does some crazy stunt or says something awesome just adds to the overall experience of.

Long live LORD CRUISE
Old 24th February 2023, 08:30 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Nice to read your thoughts on this one MrB. I ge the impression you felt the same as me. I hadn't seen Flatliners in 25 years. I didn't remember it being all that but a rewatch last year completely grabbed me. A dark gothic flavour in places, Schumachers direction and the lovely cinematography was very engaging. There was a stronger horror element than I remembered.
Same for me. I really liked it when i saw it a couple of years back after not seeing it since vhs when it left zero impression on me.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 24th February 2023, 08:38 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 244876

After supposably taking down the terrorists organisation known as the syndicate Ethan and his team are sent in a mission to make a deal for some plutonium to stop a new organisation who turn out to be a splinter group of the syndicate getting their hands on it but the deal goes wrong and Ethan has to make a choice between losing a friend or risking the lives of millions of innocent people.

What an action packed ride this is once again it's got it all a great story with plenty of twists and turns always keeping you on your toes because you genuinely can't trust anyone everyone seems suspicious and your really do find yourself carefully listening and I was constantly thinking of why did she say that or what did he look at him like that they must be about to turn and that really engages you even more in the film even if most of the time I was wrong .

As if I really need to mention this but Lord Cruise is in fine form here throwing himself off buildings breaking his ankle during one chase across the London roof tops and still continuing his moans and groans are real here people. All the chase scene are amazing proper edge of your seat stuff my favourite move has to be the hand break turn to get the car down the steps it was so smooth and a moment that made me all fuzzy inside oh yeah and then to top it off we have a helicopter chase scene through the mountains which yes you guessed it Lord Crusie is just casually hanging from and dropping off it no bother to him at all

The humour is not as present in Fallout it has a more serious tone even somber at times. The acting is always top notch and you really feel that team really do love each other it's not just a job but a little family not just in the dialogue but you can see it in the eyes which is another aspect that just grips you and keeps you engaged.

What I noticed through watching all these films over the past week they really handle romance well it's there but it's very very subtle there are no sex scenes there is no nudity for the sake of it and that really works well there is plenty of body language between characters and certain times and many sensual moments but it's all handled through looks if you understand what I'm trying to say.

Last but not least I have to mention Rebecca Ferguson again just like Rouge Nation she is bloody awesome in this again kicking ass in variety of fist pumping ways she is definitely a keeper in this series

I'm sad it's all come to an end after a week of watching these films but knowing that there is a two parter in the horizon fills me with so much joy. Also I have to mention my girlfriend LOVES Tom Cruise always has always will and I mean LOVES him and to see her face light up everytime he does some crazy stunt or says something awesome just adds to the overall experience of.

Long live LORD CRUISE
So pleased you enjoyed it, Nordy. Your write up makes me want to see it again... and i've seen it five times already.
Old 24th February 2023, 09:31 AM
Cult Addict

I can see me watching Brian DePalmas first film soon. Its been sooooo long I can barely remember it.

nicholasrope likes this.
Old 24th February 2023, 09:42 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Same for me. I really liked it when i saw it a couple of years back after not seeing it since vhs when it left zero impression on me.
Ever tempted to go back to some of Joel Schumachers other output Dem? See if anything's changed?
nicholasrope likes this.

Last edited by J Harker; 24th February 2023 at 10:12 AM.
Old 24th February 2023, 09:46 AM
Cult Veteran

The Lost Boys

nicholasrope likes this.

Old 24th February 2023, 09:48 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
So pleased you enjoyed it, Nordy. Your write up makes me want to see it again... and i've seen it five times already.
Last summer I bought the 5 film boxset and Fallout separately, I only got up to the 3rd film and forgot to watch the rest. I really want to go back to them now, I liked the third one a lot, especially more so after the annoying John Woo direction of the 2nd.
nicholasrope likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!