Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

TALL DUDE 24th October 2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halloween_22 (Post 16241)
Picked up the Last House on the Left Uncut ultimate edition box from HMV today along with Teeth and Zombie Strippers. The Last House boxset is superb, great artwork and it features the 'Krug and Company' cut of the film and feature length docummentary 'Going to Pieces: Rise and Fall of the Slasher Flm'. It was £15.99 in HMV which isn't bad for them really, expected it to be around £30 or something.

Looking forward to your review of zombie strippers mate.;)

Sam@Cult Labs 24th October 2008 02:36 PM

That Last House box is great, but typically I have every component part on other discs. I have the flipper disc from the states uncut, the old anchor bay uk 2 disc with the extras and krug & co and Going to Pieces on a stand alone release. Not to mention 3 or 4 other editions of last house from various countries. i think I like Last House a bit too much, but I can't justify forking out again just because the box is nice...

Halloween_22 24th October 2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TALL DUDE (Post 16243)
Looking forward to your review of zombie strippers mate.;)

Think i'm gonna back to back it with 'Teeth' tonight so I'll get one up tomorrow morning mate ;) After watching 'Zombies, Zombies, Zombies' last weekend I'm craving more zombies/ strippers action, hopefully this'll do the trick :coolblue:

cloud 24th October 2008 04:08 PM

Recent purchases:

The Red Monks
Strange Behaviour (for a quid I couldn't resist despite saying I'd wait for the Synapse release)
Story Of A Cloistered Nun
Voodoo Moon
Voodoo Island/The Four Skulls Of Jonathan Drake
Nekromantik 2
Grindhouse Trailer Classics 2
Pan's Labyrinth (2 discer)
The Outer Limits Series One (8 discs, £6.50 from Play Trade, mofoing bargain!!)
The Street Series One (£2.15 from Play Trade, another mofoing bargain!)
Faces Of Death 1-4
Raging Bull (2 discer)
Faust (MoC)
Countess Dracula (Network SE)

So quite a diverse mix there.

trench 24th October 2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halloween_22 (Post 16241)
Picked up the Last House on the Left Uncut ultimate edition box

Is the picture quality any different from the previous release?

Halloween_22 24th October 2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trench (Post 16261)
Is the picture quality any different from the previous release?

I'll let you know tomorrow mate, haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Hopefully this is actually the ultimate edition and I wont need to upgrade again :rolleyes: I'll give it a quick spin and see how it fares in the morning (pq wise)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 28th October 2008 08:23 PM

Creepshow 3 Three words-utter feckin' shite!:ack:

Sam 29th October 2008 09:14 AM

Bought the Dutch 'Italian Shock' edition of Nightmare City. Great film but the extras had a bit of a homemade feel to them (especially the interview with Lenzi, which looks like it took place in a dingy B&B!!)

Also watched The Colingswood Story, which I picked up after the recommendation on here (ta Cloud!!). Well worth picking up IMHO, really understated and tense. My only criticism is the ending with was a bit of a head-scratcher (but I won't give it away for anyone who's not seen it)!! If you fancy something a bit different, you could do a lot worse than this.

TALL DUDE 29th October 2008 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 16370)
Creepshow 3 Three words-utter feckin' shite!:ack:

Any thing on my trades list you want reaps.:D I might be interested in taking it off your hands.;)

TALL DUDE 29th October 2008 11:27 AM

Finally relented and bought zombie strippers in sainsburys yesterday.Pencilled in for thursday night with a takeaway and some cider.;)