Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Halloween_22 30th October 2008 10:58 PM

Last few DVD's I bought were Don't mess with my sister, Tokyo Psycho, Head of the Family and From a Whisper to a Scream (well, that last one was actually on vhs, Don't think it's got a DVD release as of yet).

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th October 2008 11:00 PM

From a Whisper to a Scream is available on region 4 dvd mate,and also region 1 ;)

Halloween_22 30th October 2008 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NossB (Post 16493)
There's a Black Frankenstein DVD from Xenon, I don't know if it's a boot or not though. It's on Amazon Marketplace for around £9

Thanks again Noss. I might pick that up, looks legit enough from the cover. Next one I'm gonna buy though is Optimum's Blacula double bill I think. Had that on my list for a while. I'll get Black Frankenstein into my wishlist ;), cheers.

Halloween_22 30th October 2008 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 16495)
From a Whisper to a Scream is available on region 4 dvd mate,and also region 1 ;)

Cheers mate. Same price as I paid for the vhs on amazon aswell, damn. should've looked a bit harder :p

bedorca 31st October 2008 07:04 AM

Picked up Cannibal Apocalypse for four quid in HMV.

May add it to the Bedorca Halloween DVD marathon tonight!!! :woot:

Pete 31st October 2008 09:53 AM

I bought the Redemption releases of 99 Women from HMV and Bloodsucker Leads the Dance and Marquis De Sade Justine yesterday from CEX.

KPWNINJA 31st October 2008 10:04 AM

I got around to watching Nightmare City last night... :D Fun film!

I also watched Thirst which had been sitting on my shelf for some time! Slow but really enjoyable.

Pete 31st October 2008 10:07 AM

I saw Thirst a few years a go and thought it was quite good.

cloud 31st October 2008 02:32 PM

I have the Euro disc of Nightmare City for its soundtrack extra. I understand the picture quality is better on Blue Underground's disc though.

Hal, wise choice with Don't Mess With My Sister. Did you know it's done by the bloke who directed I Spit On Your Grave? It's a really fast paced drama about who bloke who marries into a family but starts getting urges to have an affair. It's such a fun film but is a love or hate affair. I once nearly came to punches with a fellow poster who hates it. Let us know how you get on with it.

Sam 31st October 2008 05:54 PM

Nightmare City is good fun but that bloody ending!!! I listened to the director's commentary and it sounded as though Lenzi's taxi had arrived early when it came to the ending - he couldn't get away fast enough!!

Still, a great film in a trashy kind of way, as are the other Lenzi films I've seen.