Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Sargento 18th December 2010 08:39 PM

Zombieland could have been terrific, but somehow runs out of gas. The first 30 minutes are genius and a great set up but seems to fizzle out. It seems as though it had 2 directors or 2 writers to me.

Argentofan 18th December 2010 08:48 PM

I agree Sarg, it's a good film but the second half does fall flat compared to the opening/first half.

pedromonkey 18th December 2010 09:37 PM

tonight i had a bit of a western night, watched High Plains Drifter which is a great sort of supernatural western which i enjoyed the first time and enjoyed even more this time and Sergio Leone's Masterpiece Once Upon A Time In The West which may possibly be the most beautifully made western of all time and Ennio Morricone's score is absolutely spot on and every scene has it's own theme, Just Stunning.

Sargento 18th December 2010 09:38 PM

Been a bit retro tonight

Threw in some classic 80s horror

Re-animator

Not seen it for ages .. still great fun today!

:cool:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 18th December 2010 09:55 PM

Went to see Rare Exports at the cinema tonight with a couple of friends. If you're after a Christmas film that has a much darker side then I'd highly recommened this! Very original and well made too.

Argentofan 18th December 2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 117537)
tonight i had a bit of a western night, watched High Plains Drifter which is a great sort of supernatural western which i enjoyed the first time and enjoyed even more this time and Sergio Leone's Masterpiece Once Upon A Time In The West which may possibly be the most beautifully made western of all time and Ennio Morricone's score is absolutely spot on and every scene has it's own theme, Just Stunning.

Great night for you then Ped? :D

Recently watched A Fistful Of Dollars and For A Few Dollars More as they were long overdue a revisit, amazing films. The Good The Bad And The Ugly is the better of the 3, but not by much. I especially love the ending of For A Few Dollars More, brilliant. That score from Morricone for that pocket watch - beautiful.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th December 2010 10:25 PM

I finished watching the films on the Frankenstein: The Legacy Collection DVD set with Son of Frankenstein, Ghost of Frankenstein and House of Frankenstein then, If you follow the connection which I only noticed halfway through, gave Death Race 2000 another spin.

mjarbar 19th December 2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 117546)
I finished watching the films on the Frankenstein: The Legacy Collection DVD set with Son of Frankenstein, Ghost of Frankenstein and House of Frankenstein then, If you follow the connection which I only noticed halfway through, gave Death Race 2000 another spin.

I love Death Race 2000 especially the bit where they line the old people up in the street and the carer's hide behind a bush only to get run over themselves and the old folks left behind.

nekromantik 19th December 2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 117540)
Went to see Rare Exports at the cinema tonight with a couple of friends. If you're after a Christmas film that has a much darker side then I'd highly recommened this! Very original and well made too.

glad u enjoyed it too :)
it was very different.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th December 2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjarbar (Post 117615)
I love Death Race 2000 especially the bit where they line the old people up in the street and the carer's hide behind a bush only to get run over themselves and the old folks left behind.

I guess you notice the connection between the four films then -- it was a bit of a Frankenstein afternoon/evening, from Boris Karloff to David Carradine!