Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th January 2011, 11:14 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Cornered! (2009)
Decent first full feature effort from Belgian director Daniel Maze with US actors (Steve Guttenberg?!) and locations makes for an enjoyable old school style slasher.
Not very gory but some fun kills.

I did made the mistake of reading some online reviews before watching (spoilers!)...
Old 16th January 2011, 03:37 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I not seen IE yet.
its a bit long so Im waiting for a chance where I can give it my all ha ha
Really not a good place to start at all to be honest, I'm a massive massive Lynch fan but Inland Empire I thought was his all time worst film. I couldn't even sit through the whole thing, I was so bored. Might have to watch it again with a couple of beers and see if I can like it a bit more second time around. Mulholland Drive was fantastic though, loved every second of it!

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 16th January 2011, 03:50 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Really not a good place to start at all to be honest, I'm a massive massive Lynch fan but Inland Empire I thought was his all time worst film. I couldn't even sit through the whole thing, I was so bored. Might have to watch it again with a couple of beers and see if I can like it a bit more second time around. Mulholland Drive was fantastic though, loved every second of it!
Yeah I watched MH last night.
it was very good! I but my thoughts in the previous page.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 16th January 2011, 03:54 PM
Ex-member

Default What films have you seen recently?

To those who like MULHOLLAND DRIVE...do you know what its about?
As for BLUE VELEVET, its Lynch's best film
Old 16th January 2011, 05:36 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

The Omega Man - not watched it for a good few years and watched the Blu Ray this afternoon.

I noticed this information on the imdb alternate versions page.

In the common version of this film, the scene where Richie tells Neville that he should either kill the Family or cure them takes place inside Neville's apartment. In an alternate version, the scene takes place on the rooftop, where Neville has a large water tank and a .50 caliber machine gun.

The Omega Man (1971) - Alternate versions

The Blu Ray has the roof scene, I'll have to dig out my old tape and see what scene that has.

Old 16th January 2011, 05:57 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

just finished watching Joe Dante's The Hole, very entertaining so-called kiddie horror that to be honest most kids will be terrified of. The Coolest thing about The Hole is the use of different mediums from Puppetry and Prosthetics to epic set design and some fairly decent CGI all rolled into one very 80s feeling film and reminded me how much i missed and love the work of Joe Dante. Plus there are a lot of little b movie references throughout the film. Very Cool and highly recommended...
Old 16th January 2011, 06:31 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

i re-watched The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part II last night, and even though it has it's problems, its still one of my favourite films (could be in the top 10!). There's just so much to love about it, Dennis Hopper weilding two chainsaws, Bill Moselys freaky turn as Choptop, the return of the excellent Jim Siedow as the crazy chili cooking family leader and the amazing ending that refences the ending of the first film.

IMHO this film is an underrated gem!!
Old 16th January 2011, 06:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
just finished watching Joe Dante's The Hole, very entertaining so-called kiddie horror that to be honest most kids will be terrified of. The Coolest thing about The Hole is the use of different mediums from Puppetry and Prosthetics to epic set design and some fairly decent CGI all rolled into one very 80s feeling film and reminded me how much i missed and love the work of Joe Dante. Plus there are a lot of little b movie references throughout the film. Very Cool and highly recommended...
I agree 100%
I thought it was pretty awesome and reminded me of why Gremlins was so awesome! I need to get this but at the moment the blu price is a bit much for this kinda movie.

The puppet scenes were proper creepy as was the lil girl scenes. Acting was good all round too. Look forward to more from Dante although doubt we will ever see Gremlins 3 sadly.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 16th January 2011, 06:42 PM
Ex-member

Default What films have you seen recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
i re-watched The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part II last night, and even though it has it's problems, its still one of my favourite films (could be in the top 10!). There's just so much to love about it, Dennis Hopper weilding two chainsaws, Bill Moselys freaky turn as Choptop, the return of the excellent Jim Siedow as the crazy chili cooking family leader and the amazing ending that refences the ending of the first film.

IMHO this film is an underrated gem!!
TTCM2 is a very underrated horror! Liked it better than the original
Got the R1 dvd
Old 16th January 2011, 06:44 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
TTCM2 is a very underrated horror! Liked it better than the original
Got the R1 dvd
Is that the version with the commetry and stuff. I have been thinking about picking that one up, the only thing stopping me is lack of funds. I have the vanilla R2 version.

Like this? Share it using the links below!