Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179449Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st January 2011, 08:41 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Just this second finished watching The Exorcist on blu-ray. It's only the second time I've seen the film. The first time was when it was re-released about 10 years ago and I saw it at the cinema. It must have been a bad crows watching the film was virtually laughed off the screen, and I wasn't very impressed with it at all.

This time was totally different. The atmosphere got me from the start and I found it totally engaging right to the end. In fact it was so good I found myself wanting more.

It's strange how viewing conditions can totally affect your opinion on a film.
Old 21st January 2011, 08:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Bio what's the AV quality?
Old 21st January 2011, 08:45 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Just posed in the blu-ray thread about that.
Old 21st January 2011, 10:35 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Just seen My Soul to Take

My my my....how bad was this!
It was a good concept and could have been a very good slasher but Craven just messed it up bad! It was just about watchable. Imo only redeeming thing was Max Thieriot. He did a pretty good job.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 21st January 2011, 10:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Long Weekend (original) - Given the limitations of the plot, I wasn't expecting too much from this but I enjoyed it a lot. The performances of the two central characters are very believable and as ludicrous as it sounds, the 'nature bites back' angle is well handled and quite subtle as result. Recommended if you've not seen it and less than 3 quid on Amazon at the moment
Old 22nd January 2011, 12:00 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The Curse Of The 49er: affable fluff.
Old 22nd January 2011, 07:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I've just finished watching The Road which was one of the best films of 2010 and, before then, The Mole People and Amer -- both very good but very different films!

It sounds like you really need to re-watch the film! I didn't have any problems making out what was said in the phone conversations but it was made quite clear how he ended up in the ground.
Im aware they wernt happy with him ...Spoiler alert for those not seen the film....(and he was accused of having a affair,)

I must get my hearing checked because ill admit from time to time in the odd film i do struggle to hear the odd phone conversaation....NOT very good
Old 22nd January 2011, 07:59 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Watched Gentleman Broncos (makes of Napolean Dynamite & Nacho Libre) and have to say I was totally disappointed, the film stinks!!!

Watched Couples Retreat last night and it wasn't as bad as expected or as my friends had made out, not many laughs but always good to see Vince Vaughn & Jon Faverau in a movie together!
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 22nd January 2011, 08:09 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Watched Children of the Corn on Horror Channel last night (the one with Linda Hamilton in, I believe there's a more recent adaptation). Pretty enjoyable - hadn't seen it for years so was a nice bit of nostalgia for me. By god did the children look odd though!

Followed that up with Smash Cut, also on the Horror Channel. Not particularly great - I was expecting it to be a serious horror film but it was more tongue-in-cheek and very silly. David Hess was pretty bad in it (as an actor, not 'bad' like as in Last House On the Left)
Old 22nd January 2011, 09:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Watched Children of the Corn on Horror Channel last night (the one with Linda Hamilton in, I believe there's a more recent adaptation). Pretty enjoyable - hadn't seen it for years so was a nice bit of nostalgia for me. By god did the children look odd though!

Followed that up with Smash Cut, also on the Horror Channel. Not particularly great - I was expecting it to be a serious horror film but it was more tongue-in-cheek and very silly. David Hess was pretty bad in it (as an actor, not 'bad' like as in Last House On the Left)
I thought the remake of C O T C was awful to be honest imo avoid

Just finished watching Baise Moi ...I thought it was awful, Plain rubbish....Dull, Boring, Badly acted ....1 i will have no interest in watching again....

Like this? Share it using the links below!