Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th May 2008, 04:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I haven't yet seen the third installment, Lady Vengeance, and my memory of Mr. Vengeance is somewhat hazy but I remember thinking it was fantastic, if maybe a little slow. I think the general opinion is that Oldboy is probably the best of the three, but I'll reserve judgement. Oldboy's a different style of film than the other two I believe.

The single disc editions are available separately for ?5 and ?6, but you may end up loving the films and wish you'd paid the extra few quid to have them all with extras and stuff. Think I may go watch Mr. Vengeance now actually, get me in the mood for the other two.
Old 25th May 2008, 07:20 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Old Boy was very good but I haven't seen the other 2 films.
My friend lent me it as Asian films are his thing and I think he got it in the same box set .
The other 2 are defiantly worth a watch then Trench.?
As most of the stuff he's lent me were not my scene though Oldboy and some Korean war / ghost film he lent were defiantly worth the watch.
The film you're talking about is R-POINT mate......
Old 25th May 2008, 10:21 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

That's right Reap's.
I dont normally go for Asian film, only Men Behind the Sun and Guinea pig, series, but even they dragged on after a while as they were in a foreign language and foreign sub's so I hadn't a clue what they were talking about in MBTS.

Got rid of them but thats another (weird) story.

Last edited by vipco; 25th May 2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 25th May 2008, 11:19 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Just watched;
ALIEN VS PREDATOR REQUIEM.......a load of bollocks....so darkly shot,hard to see what's going on...(even on a 42'' wega)...sadly this franchise has demised into a computer game set up....1 out of 10

BACKWOODS......Tense and gripping thriller which is a STRAW DOGS wannabe and generally succeeds...good performances from the main cast.....8 out of 10

THE TROLLENBERG TERROR......Old monster mayhem set in the Swiss alps....the monster fx are now laughable,but entertaining film anyway....
6 out of 10
Old 26th May 2008, 09:07 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The idea of AvP came from a computer game Reap's.
I think the 1st proper AvP game was on the Atari Jaguar and let you play as an alien, a predator or a marine in FPS style.
It was always gonna go back to its roots.
Old 26th May 2008, 09:55 AM
Cultist

Default Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
That's right Reap's.
I dont normally go for Asian film
Have you tried Versus? An absolutely brilliant slice of Japanese madness. Zombies, gansters, martial arts, swordfights, wirework, more gunfire than a fleet of Robert Rodrigues films and buckets of blood. And everything is so cool it's practically sub-zero - it makes The Matrix look like PeeWee Goes to Camp.

"I'm saving your soul you ungrateful bitch!"
Night of the Demon
Old 26th May 2008, 07:19 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Spot on mate......VERSUS is absolutely relentlessly MAD....
Old 26th May 2008, 08:09 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Send a message via MSN to siccoyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
BACKWOODS......Tense and gripping thriller which is a STRAW DOGS wannabe and generally succeeds...good performances from the main cast.....8 out of 10
Ah thought you said Blackwoods for a second, Uwe Boll's first film
Old 26th May 2008, 08:11 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

No mate....you a Uwe Boll fan?
Old 27th May 2008, 12:36 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougal View Post
Have you tried Versus? An absolutely brilliant slice of Japanese madness. Zombies, gansters, martial arts, swordfights, wirework, more gunfire than a fleet of Robert Rodrigues films and buckets of blood. And everything is so cool it's practically sub-zero - it makes The Matrix look like PeeWee Goes to Camp.
I haven't . Most of the stuff my mate lends me are those white faced ghost stuff and I usually end up pretending I watched it.
He did lend me one on VHS were a vampire feeds of humand milk. Cant remember the name just that it was strange. .
Him and another mate are the only non Chinese I know allowed to join the Chinese video shop and the majority of there films are not BBFC rated. They've even go VCD's.

I'll check and see if he can get Versus and give it a watch but im not keen on wire stuff.

Watched The Host the other night and really enjoyed that.

Am gonna have to put film on hold for a mo and get stuck into the last couple of games I bought as i've been neglecting my gaming and been turning down invites to play so i'll have to chase em up.

Last edited by vipco; 27th May 2008 at 12:49 AM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!