Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179482Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2011, 04:39 PM
Cult Rookie

Nosferatu - yes I do mean '28 Days Later' although a stint in rehab could be a horror movie all of its own. Nice site by the way - bookmarked.

James - will watch 'Triangle', I presume this is not the Felixstowe/Gothenburg/Amsterdam 80's soap. That was genuinely horrific!
Old 3rd March 2011, 05:20 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnoGoldfinger View Post
Nosferatu - yes I do mean '28 Days Later' although a stint in rehab could be a horror movie all of its own. Nice site by the way - bookmarked.
Thanks for the positive feedback on my website -- I try to keep it as up-to-date as possible, with reviews appearing every week.
The difference between 28 Days and 28 Days Later was in a recent episode of The Big Bang Theory in which they ended up watching the Sandra Bullock film with Sheldon waiting for people infected with a virus which turns them into flesh eating monsters to appear in the rehab unit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnoGoldfinger View Post
James - will watch 'Triangle', I presume this is not the Felixstowe/Gothenburg/Amsterdam 80's soap. That was genuinely horrific!
I really rate Triangle as it stands up to repeated viewings and, as writer/director Christopher Smith says in his commentary, was influenced by the fantastic Ealing studios' horror film Dead of Night. Melissa George has become a true genre staple and is a surprisingly good actress for someone who started on an Australian soap, but that's the case with Guy Pearce, Isla Fisher and, to a lesser extent, Russell Crowe.
Old 3rd March 2011, 06:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I love Eden Lake but not Triangle. Imo it was just hard getting through and it and not loosing interest.

in terms of Brit horror there aint much thats any good.
Loved The Descent, Heartless and 28 Days and then Eden Lake but thats about it from the top of my head.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 3rd March 2011, 06:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Traingle is a fantastic film! I love the overlapping and it requires multiple viewing to appreciate just how clever it really is. I love this type of film ... Butterfly Effect ... Memento ... Identity even.
Old 3rd March 2011, 06:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

No here's an observation:

I was watching Poltergeist last night and spotted this:

When the Parapsychologists arrive at the Freeling house, they are questioning Steve about his family. He tells them that his wife Diane is 32, and their eldest daughter, Dana is 16. Well this means the Diane was only 16 when she gave birth to Dana! Boy she must have been a bit of a bag in school!

Hope you aren't reading this Jobeth!

Old 3rd March 2011, 06:36 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It has so many different interpretations as well so, if it is all a dream, where does that dream begin and end? Who is the taxi driver? Of recent films, it is a bit like Inception simply because of the dream/reality confusion.
Old 3rd March 2011, 06:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It has so many different interpretations as well so, if it is all a dream, where does that dream begin and end? Who is the taxi driver? Of recent films, it is a bit like Inception simply because of the dream/reality confusion.
I haven't seen Triangle for a while, but I got the feeling the taxi driver was like the Grim Reaper or similar.
Old 3rd March 2011, 09:31 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Triangle is a bloody good film if you ask me, not a horror but very clever sci-fi shocker alot like Time Crimes. For me Christopher Smith's best film thus far and what a lovely looking lady Melissa George is too...

just finished watching Johnny To's Vengeance which i thought was brilliant, brings back Heroic Bloodshed like nobody's business. Great action scenes and it's weird hearing Anthony Wong speak english, he has a Chinese/cockney accent....
Old 3rd March 2011, 10:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

just seen Adam Mason's Pig
this was shot in one single take which is very impressive!

its quite gory and shocking and you dont really know why the things are happening.
The ending is quite out there too. Not sure what to make of it though.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 3rd March 2011, 10:47 PM
Cultist

Sort of watched Human Centipede on SY FY last night ( flicking between that and Smiley Face on movies 24 ) only thing I missed was the surgical procedure, managed to change channels in time for our man at the front to take a dump! Crazy film, great ( and quite sad ) ending though.

Like this? Share it using the links below!