Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179020Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th March 2011, 12:43 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

just watched live animals, heard a lot of bad reviews for this but i quite liked it

Old 5th March 2011, 05:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Just watched

Skyline (Blu)

Well I was rather surprised .. I really enjoyed it! The whole story was played straight with none of the stupid comedy moments you tend to see. For a relatively small budget the crew did a cracking job ... ace special F/X and the creature design by Woodruff and Gillis was wonderful.

Not quite Cloverfield, but overall a good movie and well worth a watch.

If I did have a criticism it would be that the sound design could have done with a little more separation. Also, the film should perhaps have ended 5 minutes earlier. I won't spoil it for anyone, but those who have seen it will know what I mean.
Old 5th March 2011, 07:36 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Just watched

Skyline (Blu)

Well I was rather surprised .. I really enjoyed it! The whole story was played straight with none of the stupid comedy moments you tend to see. For a relatively small budget the crew did a cracking job ... ace special F/X and the creature design by Woodruff and Gillis was wonderful.

Not quite Cloverfield, but overall a good movie and well worth a watch.

If I did have a criticism it would be that the sound design could have done with a little more separation. Also, the film should perhaps have ended 5 minutes earlier. I won't spoil it for anyone, but those who have seen it will know what I mean.
I agree with you that for a low budget (compared to most CGI heavy blockbusters) film it was pretty good.

I also quite enjoyed the ending.
Old 5th March 2011, 07:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
I agree with you that for a low budget (compared to most CGI heavy blockbusters) film it was pretty good.

I also quite enjoyed the ending.
Bio, don't you think it would have ended better with the shots of the cities?

I do.
Old 5th March 2011, 07:46 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

I saw the ending as kind of the icing on the cake. It wasnt really needed but it made it a bit more fun.
Old 5th March 2011, 07:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
I saw the ending as kind of the icing on the cake. It wasnt really needed but it made it a bit more fun.
I guess you are right Bio, I mean they do have to make their money back after all.... I guess with a DC we may see it a little different.
Old 5th March 2011, 07:49 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Recent views...
The Stuff. Had never seen this and never really heard much about it so was very surprised that this was so entertaining. Some great OTT performances and some 'so good it's bad' FX but all in all I loved it.

Shutter Island. Thought this was pretty good. Nothing amazing but kept my attention.

Doom. This has been in the to watch pile for a while now so decided to give it a go. Was ok but really dissapointed with the monsters. The movie obviously had a decent budget at it looks great but some more demons from the game would have made this one of more decent game adaptations.

Regoregitated Sacrifice. Really didn't enjoy viewing this at all. Some of the FX were nasty as hell but I just wasn't really in the mood for this gorefest. High(low)light was watching a chunky lad wearing an octopus vomiting into a severed head.

The last Lovecraft. Watched this on horror channel last night and loved it. One of the funniest horror comedies I've seen. The movie is silly but very impressed with the writing and comedic performances from the main three characters. The monsters were a bit 'power ranger' but at least it wasn't full of CGI.
Old 5th March 2011, 07:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbv View Post
Regoregitated Sacrifice. Really didn't enjoy viewing this at all. Some of the FX were nasty as hell but I just wasn't really in the mood for this gorefest. High(low)light was watching a chunky lad wearing an octopus vomiting into a severed head.

That does look vile SHIT mbv, and not in a fun entertaining way either. Think I will steer well clear of that. Seems to be shocking for the sake of it.

Old 5th March 2011, 08:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched Over the Top earlier. Great film. Brings back memories of me wanting to arm wrestle everyone in my class at school
Old 5th March 2011, 08:52 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Watched Over the Top earlier. Great film. Brings back memories of me wanting to arm wrestle everyone in my class at school
Always liked Over The Top. And what's not to like in a film with a character named Lincoln Hawk?

Like this? Share it using the links below!