Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th April 2011, 07:23 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

lorna the exorcist

i havent seen any jess fraco films before this one i think and im not sure what i thought. one one hand this had some good moments and good atmosphere but that was over shadowed by some of the dullest lesbian sex scenes i have ever seen, it was clear that the girls did not enjoy doing them and they went on for too long. loved the ending though, wtf is that face she was pulling ????? (see my avatar)

is lorna the exorcist a typical jess franco film?

I Know My First Name Is Steven

I wouldn't normally watch a TV film especially one of the ones on true movies, its their sort of thing my nan loves but when it came on i remembered thast i had read about the real life case and wanted to see how they would put it onto film.

Steven Stayner was abducted at the age of 7 by Kenneth Parnell and was told by parnell that he had legal custody of him due to his mother unable to afford him and his farther dying of a heart attack (all untrue). parnell changes Stevens name and puts him into a new school. over 7 years parnell sexually abuse's steven and even some of his mates, its only when parnell picks up a new boy does Steve now 14 years old decide that he and the new 7yr old boy need to get away and tell the police everything.

The rest of the film is about the trial and Steve trying to readjust to his family and his family try to adjust to him also which is hard for both as steve has been brought up to do whatever he wants.

As the film was made for tv it includes none of the abuse and isn't talked about in detail either and for the first half of the film you don't even know that it happened to him at all. this was a very sad film and actually brought a tear to my eye at one point (think im going soft) but it was great and i couldn't turn it off even though i had plans to watch something else.
if you see this on tv i would give it a chance and watch it or have a read up on the case as some things are unbelievable.

interesting fact - steve's brother actually became a serial killer
Old 17th April 2011, 11:47 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

lorna does sound like a lot of Franco's erotic stuff.

I would suggest you see Bloody Moon.

A very good gory horror full of his trademark sleaze

I had the misfortune to see The Escapees, no wonder DVD Review gave the damn thing away.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imagesCA3APKF8.jpg (9.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg imagesCAD12TV3.jpg (4.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 17th April 2011, 12:44 PM
Ex-member

Smile What films have you seen recently?

I saw THE FRENCH CONNECTION 1 & 2 on blu ray some time ago
Both are two of my fave films
Loved the ending in the sequel
I have standard dvd sp. ed. as well
Old 17th April 2011, 12:56 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

watched EVE OF DESTRUCTION, a film about a killer robot woman who turn nuclear and it's upto Gregory Hines to stop her. it was alright, nothing new..
Old 17th April 2011, 03:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
I saw THE FRENCH CONNECTION 1 & 2 on blu ray some time ago
Both are two of my fave films
Loved the ending in the sequel
I have standard dvd sp. ed. as well
Both are excellent I agree. 2 of my faves too. Hilariously though I saw that HMV were charging £45 for that disc yesterday in Birmingham!!!! Its oing for about a tenner online HMV are

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 17th April 2011, 08:22 PM
Cultist

Just watched Humanoids from the deep (an old fave that I haven't watched in years). Big Doug McClure versus fish monsters (not to mention slugging it out with the townsfolk). Great stuff.
Old 17th April 2011, 08:32 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicer View Post
lorna the exorcist

i havent seen any jess fraco films before this one i think and im not sure what i thought. one one hand this had some good moments and good atmosphere but that was over shadowed by some of the dullest lesbian sex scenes i have ever seen, it was clear that the girls did not enjoy doing them and they went on for too long. loved the ending though, wtf is that face she was pulling ????? (see my avatar)

is lorna the exorcist a typical jess franco film?

I Know My First Name Is Steven

I wouldn't normally watch a TV film especially one of the ones on true movies, its their sort of thing my nan loves but when it came on i remembered thast i had read about the real life case and wanted to see how they would put it onto film.

Steven Stayner was abducted at the age of 7 by Kenneth Parnell and was told by parnell that he had legal custody of him due to his mother unable to afford him and his farther dying of a heart attack (all untrue). parnell changes Stevens name and puts him into a new school. over 7 years parnell sexually abuse's steven and even some of his mates, its only when parnell picks up a new boy does Steve now 14 years old decide that he and the new 7yr old boy need to get away and tell the police everything.

The rest of the film is about the trial and Steve trying to readjust to his family and his family try to adjust to him also which is hard for both as steve has been brought up to do whatever he wants.

As the film was made for tv it includes none of the abuse and isn't talked about in detail either and for the first half of the film you don't even know that it happened to him at all. this was a very sad film and actually brought a tear to my eye at one point (think im going soft) but it was great and i couldn't turn it off even though i had plans to watch something else.
if you see this on tv i would give it a chance and watch it or have a read up on the case as some things are unbelievable.

interesting fact - steve's brother actually became a serial killer
"Lorna" is one of the better ones from Franco that I've seen.

"I Know My First Name is Steven" really disturbed me when I first saw it years ago on telly. It's something I've always wanted to revisit but never have because I'm worried it will still have the same effect on me or no effect at all.
Old 18th April 2011, 12:18 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

just seen The Roommate.
standard pg13 horror thriller.

psyhotic college room mate gets obsessed with gal and wants to be her friend so she goes and gets rid of anyone else that the gal becomes friends with.

I knew it will be bad so not sure why I even watched it ha ha
maybe cause of Cam Gigandet

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 18th April 2011, 06:48 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
"Lorna" is one of the better ones from Franco that I've seen.

"I Know My First Name is Steven" really disturbed me when I first saw it years ago on telly. It's something I've always wanted to revisit but never have because I'm worried it will still have the same effect on me or no effect at all.
think ill try out one more of francos films then and if im not much for that i wont bother :P

"i know my first name is steven" defo has that effect, even without any on screen violence or even discussion of the horrible things that happened it still packs a punch i think

last night i watched

mute witness 8/10
lipstick 7/10
Old 18th April 2011, 09:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryJack View Post
Just watched Humanoids from the deep (an old fave that I haven't watched in years). Big Doug McClure versus fish monsters (not to mention slugging it out with the townsfolk). Great stuff.
aww its a hoot, AVOID remake its a turd.
ANYway...Watched Franco's The Bloody Judge (michty!!) a revelation, sleaze coming out of every pore, can see why Lee objected to it as the bits they "added" are very obvious, has the usual distinction of being very vile and slightly boring, a trait i find in JF's work. but the interview on the extras has made me think slightly more of him (that's big of me...)

Gangster's Law... a Klaus Kinski actioner from 85 (???) well apparently he did it just before Cobra Verde...twas a 23rd century disc so can i just say the pan and scan print was ATROCIOUS, not a bad film as such but had an atmosphere redolent of crime slime fae the 70s really, hmmm.

Klaus pops up in Circus of Fear, decent british crime thriller set in, well guess?? decent potboiler, the first ten minutes wouldnt have been out of place in the Sweeney etc...and makes me severely regret that this is a Xmas present, well i suppose i can just get him the Littlest Hobo set instead....

also watched Stagefright AGAIN, ah i just love this, say what you like its better than the Church IMO.
dream demon likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!