Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179475Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th June 2011, 09:31 PM
Ex-member

Default What films have you seen recently?

Luc Besson's THE EXTRAORDINARY ADVENTURES OF ADELE BLANC-SEC, a charming comedy fantasy
Stuart Gordon's excellent KING OF THE ANTS
Old 6th June 2011, 04:22 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentofan View Post
30th anniversary of NOTLD. It was amazing......ly shit.
I don't think I've ever been so disappointed as I was when I bought Anchor Bay's Trilogy of the Dead boxset. Not only was Dawn of the Dead cut but having to have the NOTLD 30th Anniversary edition was just painful and it was awful to watch. Thank god I sold it on eBay and upgraded to the Arrow BD's and the Elite Milennium edition
Old 6th June 2011, 04:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I don't think I've ever been so disappointed as I was when I bought Anchor Bay's Trilogy of the Dead boxset. Not only was Dawn of the Dead cut but having to have the NOTLD 30th Anniversary edition was just painful and it was awful to watch. Thank god I sold it on eBay and upgraded to the Arrow BD's and the Elite Milennium edition
It is quite a bad boxset. Even the pictures on the back are wrong! Day has a picture from Dawn and vice versa.
Old 6th June 2011, 07:16 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I own two colourised versions of Night of the Living Dead, both of which came in multi-DVD box sets where the price works out as less than £1 per DVD!

Still overpriced if you ask me.
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 7th June 2011, 03:26 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I have just sat through last year's Legion.

What a load of utter crap.

Possibly the worst thing I've seen this year. Certainly a contender.

Hateful.
Old 7th June 2011, 03:35 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I own two colourised versions of Night of the Living Dead, both of which came in multi-DVD box sets where the price works out as less than £1 per DVD!

Still overpriced if you ask me.
You can say that again! The original Night of the Living Dead and colour - that's like having Château Mouton Rothschild and a Big Mac together. Some people will love it, but it is indeed disgusting.

Just imagine: all those old fantastic moody black and white flicks in colour versions. Ninotchka in colour - baah, I am shivering from head to toe considering such an abomination.

Greetings!
Old 7th June 2011, 03:41 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
I have just sat through last year's Legion.

What a load of utter crap.

Possibly the worst thing I've seen this year. Certainly a contender.

Hateful.
My thoughts exactly. I was sent the BD to review and I watched it then wrote the review and haven't touched the disc since! In my review, I gave it two stars out of five and figured I was being more than generous. I think I was comparing it to the likes of Marley & Me, Bride Wars and Max Payne, which are all far worse films.

Legion Blu-ray
Old 7th June 2011, 06:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
You can say that again! The original Night of the Living Dead and colour - that's like having Château Mouton Rothschild and a Big Mac together. Some people will love it, but it is indeed disgusting.

Just imagine: all those old fantastic moody black and white flicks in colour versions. Ninotchka in colour - baah, I am shivering from head to toe considering such an abomination.

Greetings!
True indeed 'Prince', the way tech is evolving our generation may be the last to see things without 400 different digital 'fixes' to make them more appealing. I remember when they first colourized vintage B/W films, what a stupid idea. And rightly said, nothing wrong with fine wine or a Big Mac, but not on the same menu. Gad, just imagine 100 years from now. On second thought don't, just watch a good film instead.
Old 7th June 2011, 06:13 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
My thoughts exactly. I was sent the BD to review and I watched it then wrote the review and haven't touched the disc since! In my review, I gave it two stars out of five and figured I was being more than generous. I think I was comparing it to the likes of Marley & Me, Bride Wars and Max Payne, which are all far worse films.

Legion Blu-ray
Seen that film once, never again, i cried my eyes out for the last twenty minutes, not just a tear or two.

I've had labradors ever since i was born, still own one now (Hi Bramble, if you're reading this - probably unlikely)

It was just too much.

The following day i cried my eyes out again as i realised i had watched an entire Owen Wilson film.
Old 7th June 2011, 07:20 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
(Hi Bramble, if you're reading this - probably unlikely)
Best post ever.

Like this? Share it using the links below!