LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th June 2011, 07:32 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Done.
Excellent! Nicely done buddy. You won't regret that - unless you aracnophobic of course.
Old 10th June 2011, 07:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
I hadn't heard of that, sounds very interesting. Cheers for the heads up, Nek!

Should deffo check it out. Not horror but still a worthwhile watch.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 10th June 2011, 08:37 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Picked that up in 2009, cheers Nos
Some of the early films in the collection will make the events in Embodiment of Evil make much more sense as it's basically the third in a trilogy following At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul and This Night I Will Possess Your Corpse. If you watch those two (they're on the first disc) and then Embodiment of Evil, the third film will seem better than when you watched it previously.
Old 10th June 2011, 08:44 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Currently watching Horror of the Blood Monsters (Image dvd) with the Sam Sherman commentary on.
Old 10th June 2011, 09:32 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I've watched four films today:

Fast Times at Ridgemont High – not quite the greatest film about high school ever made, but still a funny and touching movie. It's quite funny to see Sean Penn and Jennifer Jason Leigh looking so young.

Russian Ark – at over 90 minutes, this takes you through hundreds of years of Russian history without a single cut. It's a quite astonishing piece of filmmaking and is really one to watch.

Iron Man 2 -- it's not as involving or as well placed as the first one and, like its predecessor, I got bored when it turned into Transformers, but it's worth watching just for the interaction between Robert Downey Jr and Gwyneth Paltrow.

Save the Green Planet – this is a completely barmy piece of filmmaking but the acting is top notch and it keeps you involved right until the end credits. If you like the weird side of Korean movies, this is a must watch film.
Old 10th June 2011, 10:07 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post

Fast Times at Ridgemont High – not quite the greatest film about high school ever made, but still a funny and touching movie. It's quite funny to see Sean Penn and Jennifer Jason Leigh looking so young.

Russian Ark – at over 90 minutes, this takes you through hundreds of years of Russian history without a single cut. It's a quite astonishing piece of filmmaking and is really one to watch.

Iron Man 2 -- it's not as involving or as well placed as the first one and, like its predecessor, I got bored when it turned into Transformers, but it's worth watching just for the interaction between Robert Downey Jr and Gwyneth Paltrow.

Save the Green Planet – this is a completely barmy piece of filmmaking but the acting is top notch and it keeps you involved right until the end credits. If you like the weird side of Korean movies, this is a must watch film.
Is that the one with the guy tied to a chair for half the film?

if it is ,its one of the few films i have ever turned off
Old 10th June 2011, 10:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Just finished watching F and thought it was terrible! It flatters to deceive at the beginning and gives some good insight into the main characters but it soon descends into a lame slasher of the 'cuts away before you see anything happening' variety ... and the least said about the 'ending' (if you can call it that), the better. Even at 1 hour 10 minutes, it's not worth the bother.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 11th June 2011, 12:10 AM
Cultist

Had myself a Bluray quadruple feature day yesterday, starting with Hellraiser, then Starship Troopers, then My Soul to Take followed by Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

I'll remember that day for a long time...sigh!
Old 11th June 2011, 12:37 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post

A great varied selection of films, I love days like that.

I just watched The Shining on BD (working my way through the Kubrick Collection). Thoroughly enjoyed it, a lot slower than I remembered from seeing it before but nevertheless superbly shot and had an incredibly creepy score which really intensified the mood. Looks quite good on Blu, not great but good enough.

I also watched The Goonies yesterday and I was blown away by how good that looked on BD. Crystal clear. It was so much fun watching it again after 15 years and it made me realise why this was one of my childhood favourites, an absolute classic to be honest.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 11th June 2011, 12:43 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Just watched Jennifer Lynch's film Surveillance. Brilliant.

Like this? Share it using the links below!