Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th June 2011, 06:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched The Final last night. Didn't really like it. It made me feel sorry for the bullies
Old 19th June 2011, 06:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Watched The Final last night. Didn't really like it. It made me feel sorry for the bullies
I ddint think it was THAT bad tbh.
I enjoyed it but as I been a "victim" of bullying at school I know how the kids that got bullied felt and even though they were doing the torturing I still felt sorry for them and kinda rooted for em.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 19th June 2011, 07:14 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Watched Ruggero Deodato's CUT AND RUN tonight for the 1st time, courtesy of a very lovely CMV Laservision small hardbox. Much more palatable than his more famous film. Pretty gory, especially the guy being ripped in half! (lovely). Not enough Michael Berryman or Richard Lynch for my liking though.
Old 19th June 2011, 08:44 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I've watched Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell. Very enjoyable experience indeed. A Hammer movie with a wink is typical for the 70s (just think of Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde). Cushing is great as usual and some of the dialogues are really nice. The final scene has quite a lot of gore - I wonder whether George A. Romero had seen this flick before shooting Dawn of the Dead.

And the last monologue of Cushing aka Frankenstein - pure genius!

Greetings!
Old 19th June 2011, 09:12 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
I've watched Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell. Very enjoyable experience indeed. A Hammer movie with a wink is typical for the 70s (just think of Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde). Cushing is great as usual and some of the dialogues are really nice. The final scene has quite a lot of gore - I wonder whether George A. Romero had seen this flick before shooting Dawn of the Dead.

And the last monologue of Cushing aka Frankenstein - pure genius!

Greetings!
Was it an Arrow blu?
Old 19th June 2011, 09:16 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just finished Speed again. I watch it every few years. Still a top notch action / suspense film. Can't really think of anything since it came out 17 years ago that tops it. Keanu was absolutely born for the role.
Old 19th June 2011, 10:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Just finished the remake of Sorority Row - surprisingly, I thought it was a fairly solid modern slasher. It was well paced and based on an intruiging premise, even if we have seen this sort of plot done before in the likes of I know What You Did Last Summer, Urban Legend and the like. I doubt this would make may people's top 10 list but it's worth checking out in my opinion.
Old 20th June 2011, 02:45 PM
Ex-member

Default What films have you seen recently?

TUNO NEGRO - excellent Spanish slasher
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO SOLANGE? - one of my favourite 70's giallos
Old 20th June 2011, 06:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Watched 'Inception' on Blu, really liked it, for a CGI it's pretty good. And is it just me or is good old Leo getting kinda cool in his middle-age, couldn't stand him when younger. More roles like that Leo.
Old 20th June 2011, 06:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Watched 'Inception' on Blu, really liked it, for a CGI it's pretty good. And is it just me or is good old Leo getting kinda cool in his middle-age, couldn't stand him when younger. More roles like that Leo.

Personally, with the exception of his teen idol period (MWTIM, Romeo and Juliet, Titanic) I don't think there's any of his films I haven't liked. Inception, The Departed, Gilbert Grape, Blood Diamond, Aviator, basketball diaries, Shutter Island, the list goes I'm best actor of his generation? Probably.

Like this? Share it using the links below!