Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

pedromonkey 10th July 2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 164859)
Really? A 7?
I saw this in the cinema and it was such a disappointment.
I gave it a 5 :lol:

why was it a disappointment Nek? what were you expecting from an alien invasion film. The film was Soldiers VS Aliens, pretty much just black hawk down meets Independence Day, that why i liked it plus it didn't have a message hidden in it's narrative it was literally 'don't **** with earth'. but each to their own i suppose...

nekromantik 10th July 2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 164867)
why was it a disappointment Nek? what were you expecting from an alien invasion film. The film was Soldiers VS Aliens, pretty much just black hawk down meets Independence Day, that why i liked it plus it didn't have a message hidden in it's narrative it was literally 'don't **** with earth'. but each to their own i suppose...

It was way too Pro-America and found it to be cheesy and the action scenes were meh.

Independence day is a classic and nothing like this. :nod:

Only food recent Alien Invasion flick was District 9 altho thats not strictly "invasion" as they already there :lol:
Skyline sucked too.

InDogWeTrust 10th July 2011 02:28 PM

I am currently watching The Creeping Terror and boy is this a piece of shit!
A horrible black & white B-Movie about an alien spacecraft that lands in a small Californian town. Whilst the army and a psychologist try to figure out what the craft is, A guy in a terrible rubber suit with bendy plastic tubes hanging off it roams the town swallowing people whole with it's vagina like mouth.
All happening whilst this damn annoying recurring voice over narrates the story.
The best part of this film is where the narrator starts talking about the local dance hall then some random people are seen boogying down to terrible music...Of course those ****ers get then get gobbled up by all mighty vagina face!
I don't even know what to say about this monstrosity, this film is so god damn bad that it's almost good.

Look at this shitty dog shit monster...It looks like a turd!

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/cree...eepterror3.jpg

pedromonkey 10th July 2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 164872)
It was way too Pro-America and found it to be cheesy and the action scenes were meh.

Independence day is a classic and nothing like this. :nod:

Only food recent Alien Invasion flick was District 9 altho thats not strictly "invasion" as they already there :lol:
Skyline sucked too.

of course it's pro american, it's about aliens that invade the U.S and while there was some cheese, it was never on the level of the even more pro american ID4 and the action sequences were brilliantly shot and edited. My only problems with the film were the opening as they really didn't seem surprised or bothered that aliens were invading and the end which sets up what could be a brilliant guerilla warfare movie that might never happen due to low ratings...

Skyline ruled though....

but again each to their own....

pedromonkey 10th July 2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust (Post 164873)
I am currently watching The Creeping Terror and boy is this a piece of shit!
A horrible black & white B-Movie about an alien spacecraft that lands in a small Californian town. Whilst the army and a psychologist try to figure out what the craft is, A guy in a terrible rubber suit with bendy plastic tubes hanging off it roams the town swallowing people whole with it's vagina like mouth.
All happening whilst this damn annoying recurring voice over narrates the story.
The best part of this film is where the narrator starts talking about the local dance hall then some random people are seen boogying down to terrible music...Of course those ****ers get then get gobbled up by all mighty vagina face!
I don't even know what to say about this monstrosity, this film is so god damn bad that it's almost good.

Look at this shitty dog shit monster...It looks like a turd!

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/cree...eepterror3.jpg

you haven't discovered the joys of lowbudget 50s monster movies yet then Dog, watch more and you learn to love the sillyness...

James Morton 10th July 2011 03:42 PM

What films have you seen recently?

INDEPENDENCE DAY a classic?
one of the worst pro-America films I've ever seen and full of the usual sentimental crap involving family and politics

oaxaca 10th July 2011 04:12 PM

Watched ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST last night and just watching D'Amato's BEYOND THE DARKNESS. ZH was pretty damn funny, definitely a poor man's ZFE, still it had its moments. BTD seems to have a bit more about it, in a very twisted kind of way!:pop2: Nice soundtrack by Goblin (or "The Goblins") too!

Oh and in between I've watched BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI, just to mix it up a bit :p. The US Collectors Edition BD Digibook set is really something special!!

nekromantik 10th July 2011 04:20 PM

yes ID4 is pro american too but it was fun.
Skyline just felt like a special effects showcase. Script was bad and it was just bad. Battle LA is far better then Skyline.

InDogWeTrust 10th July 2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 164883)
you haven't discovered the joys of lowbudget 50s monster movies yet then Dog, watch more and you learn to love the sillyness...

Oh no, I definitely know and love the low budget monster movies. But this...This is a dog turd that's been nicely gift rapped.

bdc 10th July 2011 06:35 PM

Watched Terror Creatures from the Grave (1965) which looks the best I've ever seen it look on the SWV dvd-r but there is still room for improvement. ;)
Enjoyable golden age Italian gothic from Massimo Pupillo (who added his own special style to this genre with films like Bloody Pit of Horror,The Vengeance of Lady Morgan and this one).
Walter Brandi plays the lead but this also has Barbara Steele and Alan Collins. :thumb:

Can't wait for the remastered original Italian version to be released...