Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Baseball Fury 14th July 2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 165933)
Just watched Grindhouse as a whole. Planet Terror is great in either form, the shorter cut is probably the one that will get the most re-watched though, and I much preferred Death Proof in a shorter form. The only thing I missed was the butterfly lap dance but other than that I thought it flowed a lot better and I enjoyed it more than the longer version. :D

I didn't realise that Planet Terror had a shorter cut? I saw Grindhouse at the cinema and remembered it the same as when I saw Planet Terror. Was I drunk?

nekromantik 14th July 2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 165936)
I didn't realise that Planet Terror had a shorter cut? I saw Grindhouse at the cinema and remembered it the same as when I saw Planet Terror. Was I drunk?

Yes both movies from Grindhouse are in a shorter edit in the Grindhouse presentation with the faux trailers.

Before the UK/US got the double feature, we had each movie on its own released in its extended cut :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th July 2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 165939)
Yes both movies from Grindhouse are in a shorter edit in the Grindhouse presentation with the faux trailers.

Before the UK/US got the double feature, we had each movie on its own released in its extended cut :)

I found they worked better in the shorter versions, especially Death Proof, which seemed much tauter in Grindhouse and overly baggy in the extended form.

Argentofan 14th July 2011 08:49 PM

Yeah, in the UK anyway the DVD's that were released as two films were longer edits than the theatrical versions that were then released on Blu Ray only as Grindhouse. :D

Baseball Fury 14th July 2011 09:02 PM

I've just had to have a look at the differences between GH and PT, because I've seen Grindhouse twice on BD and once at the cinema, PT at the cinema and a couple of times on DVD and Death Proof at the cinema and on DVD/BD about 5 times, and I literally remembered no difference in the PT half.

The reason is, there's barely any! They cut out some extra dialogue in scenes and slightly moved one scene to be after another instead of before it. I thought I was going mad! Obviously DP has a ton of changes!

Argentofan 14th July 2011 09:31 PM

Probably why I have no preference to which PT cut is better!

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th July 2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 165855)
here i come with my nic cage love...

I love Nic Cage, he makes shit now but has made some seriously badass movies,
Con Air
The Rock
Face/Off
being the best of his action movies then you have great stuff like MoonStruck, Vampires Kiss, Bad Lt: Port of Call New Orleans, Amos and Andrew with Sam Jackosn, Leaving Las Vegas, Lord Of War, Raising Arizona, Guarding Tess, Wild at Heart, Wings of The Apache, Red Rock West...etc....

He really has made some great films and IMO National Treasure 2 is what Indiana Jones 4 should have been, i love those two national Treasure flicks.

Here's his imdb page....NIC CAGE IMDB PAGE

I love the National Treasure films also, great fun.

PaulD 14th July 2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 165941)
I found they worked better in the shorter versions, especially Death Proof, which seemed much tauter in Grindhouse and overly baggy in the extended form.

But you don't get Mary Elizabeth Winstead singing 'Baby It's You' in the shorter version!

nekromantik 14th July 2011 11:01 PM

just seen Phase 7
was ok but got bored half way through!
started out as a contamination movie like rec where apartment building is quarantined and then it tuns into the inhabitants trying to kill each other cause they dont like each other and dont know if they are infected.

if they done it better could been interesting.

Also watched Red White & Blue, it takes a long while to get going but its a good flick.
It starts to get interesting around the 50 min mark and by 70 mins the revenge starts :)
Its not your average revenge flick, it has not much going on apart from sex in first 30 mins or so and then story unfolds.
worth a watch me thinks..I didnt put down what the story is as its a huge spoiler in case people want to watch it.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th July 2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 165967)
But you don't get Mary Elizabeth Winstead singing 'Baby It's You' in the shorter version!

Tarantino should have left that in and cut out most of his lousy performance!