Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Prince_Vajda 15th July 2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 166010)
Tarantino should have left that in and cut out most of his lousy performance!

Honestly, I like both the Grindhouse version and the Extended Cut of Death Proof. The Grindhouse cut is exactly the way it should be. At some points, you really think "Hey, there MUST be some reel missing". Prominent example: the lap dance. The Extended Cut is a typical Tarantino - great, talky, and a bit too long (as is Pulp Fiction, too, by the way ;)).

Greetings!

pedromonkey 15th July 2011 05:49 PM

ok no horror or exploitation or genre specific films watched but over the last two nights ive been watching the Blue Crush movies, hot wet girls in bikini's are a great way to spend an evening.

Blue Crush 1 - 4/5
Blue Crush 2 - 3/5

back to the man movies tonight me thinks....

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th July 2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 166095)
ok no horror or exploitation or genre specific films watched but over the last two nights ive been watching the Blue Crush movies, hot wet girls in bikini's are a great way to spend an evening.

Blue Crush 1 - 4/5
Blue Crush 2 - 3/5

back to the man movies tonight me thinks....

Quite enjoyed Blue Crush. No idea it had a sequel.

Argentofan 15th July 2011 07:44 PM

Fancied revisiting one of my favourite movies today

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/766...h5a062U1ql2ju2

James Morton 15th July 2011 08:25 PM

What films have you seen recently?

THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL - great 50's sci fi
ERIK THE CONQUEROR - not one of Bava's best

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th July 2011 08:32 PM

Watched The Tomb of Ligeia this afternoon.

Decent Poe adaptation with Price on top form as ever.

Yesterday, my Zombie Holocaust (finally) arrived from Planet Axel, so I gave that a spin last night.

It's nowhere near the poor quality that some online reviews have been indicating towards. True, it's never going to look amazing, but it was certainly an upgrade over the DVD (which you also get a copy of). Complete cheese-fest, but tremendous fun. Basic though it may be, I've always liked the score in this one too. :coolblue:

Prince_Vajda 15th July 2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 166174)

I agree! Some people blame Price for overacting - but I am perfectly sure he did that on purpose all the time; as he does not overact in Witchfinder General - and still gives a terrific performance. By the way: I love him overacting. ;) One of the few Horror greats, along with Karloff and Lugosi. :thumb:

Greetings!

James Morton 15th July 2011 09:10 PM

What films have you seen recently?

In my opinion, Vincent Price's best films are WITCHFINDER GENERAL and THEATRE OF BLOOD
he is excellent in both films

Gojirosan 15th July 2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 166174)

A superb film. One of Corman's greatest. He took the Poe Cycle out of the studio and onto location with considerable aplomb.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th July 2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 166182)
I agree! Some people blame Price for overacting - but I am perfectly sure he did that on purpose all the time; as he does not overact in Witchfinder General - and still gives a terrific performance. By the way: I love him overacting. ;) One of the few Horror greats, along with Karloff and Lugosi. :thumb:Greetings!

Lugosi is a bit of a crap actor really.

You don't think Cushing and Lee are horror greats? :loco: