Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Gojirosan 15th July 2011 11:44 PM

Passi di danza su una lama di rasoio/ Death Carries A Cane - clumsily made, middling but still watchable Giallo with some good sequences and ideas.

Prince_Vajda 16th July 2011 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 166192)
Lugosi is a bit of a crap actor really.

You don't think Cushing and Lee are horror greats? :loco:

- The Corpse Vanishes, Bride of the Monster, Plan 9 from Outer Space - I agree. :nod:
- Dracula, Island of Lost Souls, The Black Cat, Mark of the Vampire, Son of Frankenstein, The Ghost of Frankenstein - :nono:

:)

Greetings!

PS: Of course, Peter and Christopher are Horror greats - I just wanted a short and handsome list. ;)

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th July 2011 09:33 AM

After seeing the trailer for The Thing "prequel" I decided to watch JC's version last night. Rob Bottin's effects still look amazing after almost 30 years. I can't wait for them to make a sequel, which you just know will also be called The Thing. Bloody idiots!

Gojirosan 16th July 2011 09:37 AM

I hope there is never a sequel. I will be very upset if anyone ever tries to provide a definitive answer to whether MacReady or Childs were hosting the creature.

I was very pleased to find out the new film is set in the days before Carpenter's flick and not a remake or follow up.

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th July 2011 09:39 AM

Me too. I hate that they have called it THE THING. It's just mad.

Nemesis 16th July 2011 10:03 AM

Saw two last night:

The Last Chase - a fun 80s tv movie, but does have its weaknesses storyline-wise.

The Man From Nowhere - got this for £3 from Amazon Uk and it was a blast! It's one of those great kidnap/revenge films, similar to Man on Fire, and the action is terrific. It reminds me of those action thrillers that Hollywood used to do, but now seem to have forgotten how to make.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th July 2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 166220)
I just wanted a short and handsome list. ;)

I know this is way off topic, but my list would have five names:

Boris Karloff
Béla Lugosi
Christopher Lee
Peter Cushing
Vincent Price

bdc 17th July 2011 10:57 AM

Pontypool (2008),enjoyed this one.

I wouldn't say it's a zombie movie though,reminded me more of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. ;)

I rarely watch newer genre films because I mostly find them disappointing but the Canadian ones seem to go down well mostly..

‪Pontypool - Opening Scene‬‏ - YouTube

nekromantik 17th July 2011 11:22 AM

Rewatched The Devils Backbone on blu :)

Still a awesome movie!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th July 2011 02:37 PM

Although it's not a film, I finished season two of True Blood a couple of nights ago and, because I know season three is going to drop in price shortly, began watching season three of Mad Men last night.

In terms of films, I watched the fairly dreadful Shark in Venice last night along with Shaft, which is still a great watch, and Woody Allen's Love and Death which I probably appreciated more now than I would have a year or so ago as Tolstoy's novels War and Peace and Anna Karenina is still fairly fresh in my mind.