Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th August 2011, 10:15 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Bedtime story with Marlon Brando and David Niven.It was ok and then watched Election by Johnnie to which was really decent thriller
Old 16th August 2011, 05:35 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
I don't get what people see in Event Horizon. I thought it was just terrible. I prefer AvP!
Event horizon is flawed, mainly because 45 minutes were cut out of the film and buried in a salt mine (no kidding!)

Avp and avp just rape a once enjoyable franchise, and finish the job alien 4 did of screwing up the franchises.

Seriously, a dreadlocked alien?! It looks rediculous and the film isnt at all scary.
Old 16th August 2011, 06:16 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Event horizon is flawed, mainly because 45 minutes were cut out of the film and buried in a salt mine (no kidding!)

Avp and avp just rape a once enjoyable franchise, and finish the job alien 4 did of screwing up the franchises.

Seriously, a dreadlocked alien?! It looks rediculous and the film isnt at all scary.
I read that, Anderson was made to trim it from 130mins to 90mins due to test screenings. The Vision of Hell thing was supposed to be longer and more intone with Hellraiser...
Old 16th August 2011, 06:25 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
I read that, Anderson was made to trim it from 130mins to 90mins due to test screenings. The Vision of Hell thing was supposed to be longer and more intone with Hellraiser...
That would have been well worth seeing and would probably make the whole film a great deal scarier and more atmospheric. It's a shame there'll never be a director's cut.
Old 16th August 2011, 06:29 PM
Ex-member

Default What films have you seen recently?

Never seen the film really, only bits of it on tv
not a fan of Anderson anyway, but he never mentions about releasing a directors cut - Paramount got rid of uncut footage probably, but he still wants to release uncut RESIDENT EVIL.....
Old 16th August 2011, 07:38 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

His direction is really good, he's made the film look like Alien crossed with a bit of 2001, It also helps that he didn't write it. Sam Neil is quite awesome in it too
Old 16th August 2011, 10:34 PM
Cultist

I just watched "Inside". After about 10 seconds I knew I was going to love it (we experience a car crash from the point of view of a baby in the womb). There are a lot more wonderfully inventive moments, for instance, the scene when the "psycho" lights a cigarette conveys insanity in a way Hollywood can only dream of. The effects are insanely good and the violence is brutal and once it starts pretty much non stop. The acting is superb (especially Alysson Paradis). This is one of the best movies I've seen in a long while. A must see.

PS. If you're partner is pregnant don't let her watch this. She'll never forgive you.
Old 16th August 2011, 10:46 PM
Cultist

Just watched torso.
Not a bad film
a few decent gore effects,lots of random nudity and a cool soundtrack.
Well done shameless another great release.
Not as good as ratman tho I dunno why I love that film.still got several shameless flicks to watch

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609061,-0.269070
Old 17th August 2011, 01:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

PINEAPPLE EXPRESS - First 20 mins were slightly annoying but after that it got better and was pretty funny and quite violent.
Old 17th August 2011, 07:06 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I thought it was flawed because it was derivative, boring and more than a bit full of itself. Not sure if an extra 45 minutes would have helped!

AvP was just ridiculous fun in the way dumb action films can be fun. It is not a good film, but it is an unpretentious, brain-off laugh that passes the time affably enough.

Like this? Share it using the links below!