Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179018Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th September 2011, 10:25 PM
Cultist

Watched "Autumn". It could have been so much better but I still enjoyed it. A few nice twists on regular zombie lore (I really liked how they were totally oblivious to the living at the start). It felt a bit like a TV drama but well worth a watch.

Also watched "Pig hunt". Rednecks, topless hippy chicks and a giant pig. Good enough for me.
Old 5th September 2011, 03:32 AM
Cultist

Finally got around to watching THE TROLL HUNTER the other night. I liked it, but I'm not sure how much I liked it. I'll have to watch it again in a week or two. The wife fell asleep about fifteen minutes into it and kept waking up to all the scenes with the trolls.

Putting Arrows PIECES on in a minute, have not seen it in a long time.
Old 5th September 2011, 11:03 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched Maniac with the comm, very informative and a good companion to the documnetary. did i mention this is now in my top 10? (which has about 150 titles in it depending on what mood im in )

The Ward....had deja vu during this, apart from 2 decent scares, wasnt impressed, just didnt "seem" like a carpenter film...man im fussy...
Old 5th September 2011, 11:20 AM
Ex-member

Default What films have you seen recently?

MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL - haven't seen it in years, but alas not really funny, imo LIFE OF BRIAN is their funniest
HUMAN CENTIPEDE - saw this on tv the other night with girlfriend, she remebered the film more than I did, when it was shown last
HC wasn't bad but wouldn't buy it
Old 5th September 2011, 11:24 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Watched Ironclad last night.

Its basically the Magnificent Seven, as a mixed band of warriors defend Rochester Castle from ruthless Mexicans, sorry, the ruthless King John.

I loved it. Full of bloody battle scenes and well acted from a largely British cast (Brian Cox, James Purfoy, Derek Jacobi, Jason Flemying) and Paul Giamatti as King John. Excellent location filming and the Welsh made film looked to have a huge budget, though it probably didn't.

Recomended to those who thought Centurion could have been gorier.
Old 5th September 2011, 11:27 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

watched fast five the other day and enjoyed it!
was a awesome action flick but I do agree it was more of a hiest type flick then a street racing flick like the others in the series.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 5th September 2011, 11:32 AM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Watched House of 1000 Corpses with some friends last night. I always enjoy it, but it seems more like Rob Zombie's stream of consiousness than a fully formed film. Sid Haig and Bill Moseley and both fantastic in it, Sherri Moon Zombie not so much.
Old 5th September 2011, 01:21 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
watched fast five the other day and enjoyed it!
was a awesome action flick but I do agree it was more of a hiest type flick then a street racing flick like the others in the series.
i prefered it being more a heist flick than a street racing movie, it shows progression, i hope they continue this route in the 6th film..

Speaking of which watched these....

THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS - the first and probably the best but 5 is a serious contender for film of the franchise.

2 FAST 2 FURIOUS - Not as bad as a lot of people make out, some good car work and Eva Mendes is hot.

BLITZ - Gritty british cop thriller that is basically the U.K's answer, all be it a bit late, to Dirty Harry. Good performances all round but Aiden Gillen steals the film as the 'blitz'.
Old 5th September 2011, 01:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
i prefered it being more a heist flick than a street racing movie, it shows progression, i hope they continue this route in the 6th film..

Speaking of which watched these....

THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS - the first and probably the best but 5 is a serious contender for film of the franchise.

2 FAST 2 FURIOUS - Not as bad as a lot of people make out, some good car work and Eva Mendes is hot.

BLITZ - Gritty british cop thriller that is basically the U.K's answer, all be it a bit late, to Dirty Harry. Good performances all round but Aiden Gillen steals the film as the 'blitz'.
I thought 4th was great too. Not sure if I prefer it to the first though.
I enjoyed em all apart from 3rd. None of the original cast and the new guy they used was really really annoying.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 5th September 2011, 03:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Official Announcement

Just watched Slaughter High that I recorded the other night from the Horror Channel. Well, what can I say about this film, apart from the fact it's a complete load of old tosh, I first heard about it when the original artwork was used as the cover of the December 1991 issue of The Dark Side magazine(I think they reviewed the vhs that issue). So nearly 20 years later I've finally seen it and, if I'm honest, I'm in no great rush to see it again. Only way I would pick up the Arrow Video dvd of this is if it was going cheap, and that would only be for the commentary with Allan Bryce. I've seen hundreds of slasher films before, but this really had nothing going for it at all (except maybe Terry from Emmerdale's bad American accent). 3/10
gag and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!