Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th September 2011, 07:56 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched Dead and Buried last night. Quite enjoyed this film. Found it a little creepy and for some reason it made me think of the Fog
bdc and Make Them Die Slowly like this.
Old 5th September 2011, 08:46 PM
Cult Rookie

Watched Kill List preview last week. Terrifying for 80 minutes but the ending is an afterthought. Recommended though; the sound design and the acting is magnificent.

Wake Wood is a nice, scary Pet Sematary meets The Wicker Man movie; slightly overpraised but recommended.
Old 5th September 2011, 09:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

just seen Evil Dead 2 for the Cult Labs Film Night

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 5th September 2011, 09:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
Great fun, looking forward to the next one!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 5th September 2011, 09:53 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
So did I, bizarre_eye and Kyle (iluvdvds). It was good fun and a poll will decide what to watch at the beginning of October.
Rik and nekromantik like this.
Old 5th September 2011, 10:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Great fun, looking forward to the next one!

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 6th September 2011, 10:02 AM
Cultist

Watched these yesterday

Mega piranha
This film was just how I expected it to be. Cheesy acting, dodgy effects but still a fun flick.4/10

Followed by

Dead snow
I really loved this one, great cast with some cool effects. A good example of using cgi to touch up practical effects rather then just going full cgi. What's not to love about nazi zombies killing people in a snow covered mountain.8/10

Hellride
Produced by quentin Tarantino and written and directed by larry bishop. When I saw Tarantinos name above the title I had to pick this one up. It follows a biker gang trying to get revenge on a rival gang leader for killing one of there members. Full of big bikes, naked chicks and Vinny jones proving yet again that he should not try to do accents.8/10

Ending with

Dinner for schmucks

This is a really funny movie. Paul Rudd and Steve carell are always great in movies together and I'm a big fan of both of them but what really made this movie for me was the supporting cast. Jermaine clement stole this film I love flight of the concords and he is hilarious on this. Features quite a few English actors in this as well.9/10

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609373,-0.269040
Old 6th September 2011, 10:07 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthehero View Post
Watched these yesterday

Dead snow
I really loved this one, great cast with some cool effects. A good example of using cgi to touch up practical effects rather then just going full cgi. What's not to love about nazi zombies killing people in a snow covered mountain.8/10

---
I am here: Google Maps
The bass player from my band recommended this so I picked it up for a quid on ebay, not had chance to watch it fully, but I skimmed through it and it looks good, can't beat Nazi zombies!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 6th September 2011, 10:54 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Dead Snow is an excellent horror-comedy which references well and has some excellent SFX make-up and action sequences. I reviewed it ages ago so, if you have time for a read, feel free to see what I thought: Dead Snow Blu-ray.

I've recently seen Rango, a film I went into with some trepidation because it was directed by Gore Verbinski. However, with an extremely good voice cast, led by Johnny Depp, some superlatives animation (with renowned cinematographer Roger Deakins as an advisor) and a smart screenplay, there is always plenty going on in the background, the creature designs are very good and I was very impressed by the end result.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 6th September 2011, 11:01 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Dead Snow is an excellent horror-comedy which references well and has some excellent SFX make-up and action sequences. I reviewed it ages ago so, if you have time for a read, feel free to see what I thought: Dead Snow Blu-ray.

I've recently seen Rango, a film I went into with some trepidation because it was directed by Gore Verbinski. However, with an extremely good voice cast, led by Johnny Depp, some superlatives animation (with renowned cinematographer Roger Deakins as an advisor) and a smart screenplay, there is always plenty going on in the background, the creature designs are very good and I was very impressed by the end result.
My kids watched Rango for the first time this weekend, I never got the chance to watch it with them, but they seemed to enjoy it so I'm on the lookout for a cheap triple play of it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!