Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th September 2011, 07:23 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
It was or 1st wedding anniversary yesterday and we couldnt decide what to do cos we r a bit skint..so we went for a meal.. Went to the circus cos it was in town, Then went to watch Final Destination 5 in 3d i highly enjoyed this i like the way they tied it up with the others at the end but wont say r spoil it for those who aint seen it..So i dont think there will be another one ...But the way the cash in on films and franchise i might be wrong..I enjoyed all final destination films but think 3 was the a tadge week with the rest but enjoyable none the wise tho.. Then went for a pizza then come home with a few beers ...I taped loads of films of horror channel recently i started to watch pumpking carver or something to that name i forgot it was awful i deleted it half way through..
HAPPY LATE 1st ANNIVERSARY. It sounds like you had a very nice time on a small budget, sometimes those are the best kind because it proves you don't need a lot of money to have a good marriage. Although a shite ton of money would be nice too.

Me and the wife put on PIECES last night. She'd never seen it and thought it was bug nuts crazy. Then we watched Graveyard Disturbance, I couldn't recall seeing it before. It was alright if not a little nonsensical.
Old 6th September 2011, 07:56 PM
Cultist

Pieces followed by slaughter high

Pieces is the better of the two. Defiantly kept me guessing on who the killer is. This has the most insanely random endings I gave ever seen! 7/10

Slaughter high
This was not half bad. I like some of the death scenes in this. Pretty cheesy movie but still a lot of fun.6/10

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609179,-0.269080
Old 6th September 2011, 09:10 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Watched a favourite of mine again last night - The Hairdressers Husband.

A stunningly simple yet beautifully sensuous film about a man who dreams of marrying a voluptuous hairdresser since he was a boy. His dreams become reality when he meets the gorgeous hairdresser of his dreams played by the wonderful Anna Galiena.

This wonderful french film has a charge of erotiscm running throughout the movie without resorting to nudity.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imagesCA4AGIBP.jpg (8.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 6th September 2011, 09:43 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Watched a favourite of mine again last night - The Hairdressers Husband.

A stunningly simple yet beautifully sensuous film about a man who dreams of marrying a voluptuous hairdresser since he was a boy. His dreams become reality when he meets the gorgeous hairdresser of his dreams played by the wonderful Anna Galiena.

This wonderful french film has a charge of erotiscm running throughout the movie without resorting to nudity.
I saw this a few years ago and it totally blew me away. Excellent stuff.
Old 6th September 2011, 11:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

just seen Hitchcock's Psycho for the first time!

it was great! this kinda movie made in those days is amazing.
it is true that hitchcock is the master of suspense.

il need to watch the remake now

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 7th September 2011, 07:14 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post

Do you really need to watch the remake? I mean....really??

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 7th September 2011, 07:30 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Glad you enjoyed Psycho, nek.

Have you seen Peeping Tom? If not, I'd definitely recommend it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some recent viewings:

The Social Network: Finally got around to watching this one. I went in 99% sure I was going to hate it (I mean Facebook and Jesse Eisenberg hardly inspire confidence!), but I actually quite liked it. I can't see myself wanting to watch it again, but I'm glad that I decided to finally watch it.

Possession: Andrzej Zulawski's visually stunning, and incredibly well acted demon possession tale. I hadn't seen this one in a long time, so rented the Second Sight DVD from Love Film. Really impressed with the AV quality, and it lost nothing on a repeat viewing, so am seriously tempted to pick up the DVD now...

Herostratus: Arthouse/Experimental (whatever you want to call it) story of a man who attempts to publicise his suicide. Some odd visuals and colourful characters make this an interesting and extremely absorbing viewing experience, despite the approx. 3 hours running time. Another nice BD from BFI, too.

Blow Out: Not my favourite DePalma film, but certainly one of his best; I really enjoyed revisiting this one. The Criterion BD looks and sounds fantastic, too.

Dressed to Kill: The second film in my DePalma (and Nancy Allen) double bill. As this is one of my favourite DePalma films I could be a bit biased, but this is a real gem, with some great performances by both Caine and Allen. I also thought that the MGM BD looked fantastic.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 7th September 2011, 08:04 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It's good to hear you finally watched Psycho and, more to the point, recognised as a great film and enjoyed it, nekro.

I've had the DVDs for ages and, last night, I had some time to watch Nightmare. In its complete form, it's a much better film than the butchered version I had seen previously. I watched the 4:3 version on disc one and then put the commentary on so I listened to that and saw the picture quality of the more recent remastering of the 16:9 version.

It's really interesting with some decent gore and surprisingly good performances -- I'll probably watch disc two tonight.
Old 7th September 2011, 08:39 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:

Glad you liked it. I actually quite like the remake, I first saw it at the brand new Virgin Cinema in Sheffield that I worked in (the company I worked for did all the electrics for them), weeks before release during my dinner. Although not a patch on the original, I still think it's a good film...cue backlash
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th September 2011, 10:13 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:

Not sure if your aware but the remake exactly scene by scene so you just feel like you watching it again nothing dif at all so realy wouldnt bother..

Like this? Share it using the links below!